1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Prestigious Coins system suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, Apr 30, 2022.

1. lemonpasta

lemonpasta Horny Mushroom

May 21, 2020
    Female
    11:30 PM
    lemonravioli
    F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Corsair
    To continue with my suggestion -

Introducing Elite Coin Pouches to Party Quests
    • Act as complementary goods to prestigious coins (in economic terms)
    • Act as a "Free market driven" tax function to tax cs/ws users
    • Act as an opportunity cost for cs/ws users (Bossing vs Party Quests)
    • Replace 10m flat fee needed to make cs/ws
    Elite Coins Pouch 1 : 1-3 coins
    Elite Coins Pouch 2 : 4-8 coins
    Elite Coins Pouch 3 : 10-20 coins
    Elite Coins Pouch 4 : 20-30 coins

PQ players will be rewarded with both equipment and pouches once they completed the necessary number of rounds.
    The pouch are only collectible once for each completion.

Kerning Party Quest (KPQ) | 20 rounds | Squishy Shoes : Pouch 1
    Ludibrium Party Quest (LPQ) | 25 rounds | Broken Glasses : Pouch 2
    Ellin Forest Party Quest (EPQ) | 15 rounds | Altaire Earrings : Pouch 1
    Ellin Forest Party Quest (EPQ) | 15 rounds | Glittering Altaire Earrings : Pouch 2
    Orbis Party Quest (OPQ) | 20 rounds | Goddess Wristband : Pouch 3
    Magatia Party Quest (MPQ) | 20 rounds | Horus' Eye : Pouch 4
    Lord Pirate Party Quest (PPQ) | 15 rounds | Lord’s Pirate Hat (I) : Pouch 1
    Lord Pirate Party Quest (PPQ) | 15 rounds | Lord’s Pirate Hat (II) : Pouch 2
    Lord Pirate Party Quest (PPQ) | 15 rounds | Lord’s Pirate Hat (III) : Pouch 2
    Lord Pirate Party Quest (PPQ) | 15 rounds | Lord’s Pirate Hat (III) : Pouch 4

Allocation based on difficulty and time taken.
    This is purely based on my experience at all these Party Quests.

Tradeable with NPC for Prestigious Coins

3 Elite Coins for 1 Prestigious Coin
    The reverse cannot be true, Prestigious coins cannot be traded for Elite Coins.

Revised Prestigious Coin System

100 Prestigious Coins + 30 Elite Coins for 1 cs/ws
    Equivalent to
    • 110 Prestigious Coins
    • 330m mesos if P.Coins are priced at 3m and E.Coins are priced at 1m.

Why not introduce prestigious coin pouches as rewards at Party Quests instead?

Prestigious coins
    • are considered novelty for late/end players with bossing characters.
    • lose its “bossing” value if it is accessible to players at party quests.
    • are too big of a reward for players at party quests.

Community Objectives
    • Revive Party Quests
    • Improve rewards at Party Quests
    • Counteract leech services

Economical Objectives
    • Distribute wealth from late/end game players to early/mid game players
    • Improve affordability of scrolls for early/mid game players
    • Improve supply of Prestigious Coins
    • Starts the cs/ws farming journey early
    • May reduce barter trades

Impact on FM Prices
    • Decreases value of prestigious coins and increases value of elite coins
    • Demand for prestigious coins will grow together with the demand for elite coins
    • Sets a 33% price floor for elite coins, prices of Elite coins will be minimally 33% of the price of prestigious coins.
    • Any inflation of prestigious coins will result in more conversion of elite coins to prestigious coins (to sell in the free market), which leads to lower supply of elite coins in the free market.
    • Any unfavorable market price (below 33% price floor for elite coins) will result in players hoarding elite coins.

[​IMG]

• Scams may take place involving new players who are party quest goers and existing toxic players looking to exploit party quest goers
    • Initial inflated prices of Elite Coins due to low supply in the free market
    • Relies on new players or existing players to return to party quests. (May be a pro)
    • Complicated for new players to understand the full cs/ws system
    • More PQ mules focused on attaining the elite coins than being part of the community
    • Certain jobs will be preferred over others.
    • And more.

If you are a true PQ player and one that knows how to optimise mules, you will realised this is a broken suggestion with crazy good rates.

Expected gains:
    48-75 e.coins per hour

Equivalent to
    16-25 p.coins per hour

Good luck on figuring it out. MapleF17

Some unanswered questions:
    • How will new players know what these elite coins are for?
    • Can these coins be inflated altogether?
    • What about NTPQ as a party quest?

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    11:30 AM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    More FM NPCs that explain and handle the custom features and a MapleTip encouraging new players to speak with them.

Edit: KILLING MAPLETV IN THE PROCESS evilmush

• Like Like x 4
  3. Kmac

Kmac King Slime

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    DPSmoira
    Beginner
    Tons of great suggestions here and just want to drop my two cents on multimage.

Totally understand that multimage is an issue that needs to be addressed but blanket nerfing ultimates to not drop gach would negatively impact single mage users. Yes, we exist!

Is there some way to incorporate @mapowner command into the equation to curb multimage while not impacting single mage users or honest party-grinding?

I feel like I saw this suggested before but can’t remember where, but something like:

- ultimates cast on a map where you are not the @mapowner would eliminate gach drops, and severely nerf meso/etc./equip drop rates

Something like this would at the very least curb multimage power without impacting single mage users (or any other solo-farming ults)

There may be some drawbacks I am missing to a change like this but would love to hear feedback from others!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:30 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This implementation will encourage Multimage players to farm different channels of their map(s) with only 1 mage per channel + map so they still get gacha drops. The result will be that there are less maps for everyone else to farm on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Kmac

Kmac King Slime

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    DPSmoira
    Beginner
    Hmmmm that’s a very good point. Perhaps I am underestimating the lengths people will go to degen farm but wouldn’t this at least reduce the maps they’re able to multimage farm efficiently?

At least with popular multimage maps like ML1 they couldn’t just afk ult, they would have to move around to keep spawns steady.

That said, there are certain maps where spawns will keep coming regardless like that one Cornians map, Harps or Dual Ghost Pirates. There’s probably more I am forgetting too.

What about ideas like mobs killed via ultimates have a longer respawn time? This could hurt single mage / multi channel mage farming on small maps where one ultimate wipes the map without severely impacting single mage users on bigger maps? Would still impact single mage users but not outright kill their farming capability. This idea probably isn’t a good one but I’m just spitballing here

• Like Like x 3
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Multichannel farming as a restriction is a good thing. Elimination by scarcity of farmable maps is a good thing. Adding portals for hidden dungeons, doubling the supply of maps available is not.

7. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Kargos(on their map at least) have a higher spawn time than Cold Eyes. I wonder if there could be an added code that increases the spawn time of monsters based on what skills you use. And if that could be implemented on a case by map basis.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. MainSan

MainSan Mushmom

Mar 20, 2022
    Male
    4:30 PM
    MainSan
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk
    How about making some of these rare gach items avaiable for crafting? It could work as both a meso sink, and if some of the items only could be crafted with etc. dropped by bosses it could help make bossing more viable and thus prevent the market from being cornered. You could also help stimulate the economy by having the some of the crafting require etc dropped from beginner to mid-game(2nd - 3rd job) mobs and PQs.

Some of these problems could potentially also be solved by this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    You're welcome. Don't misunderstand, also I'll keep in mind to write more clearly.

I wrote it to show how difficult the process is to make multimages for the use of farming mesos to buy P_Coins or WS/CS, to explain my reasoning for controlling the inflation in the way that I suggest:
    • For the Staff to directly connect Meso amounts to PCoins or CS/WS
    • Manually Increases/Decreases the price with each new patch/maintenance depending on Power Creep vs Power Drain (as seen from server data)

Controlling play-style (multimage) will hurt the server, and will set a negative precedence, wherein there's only certain play-styles that are allowed while others stopped.
    • Multiclienting is allowed, and this is a free2play server.
    • Better to fix the problem directly by controlling the inflation, than to hurt players' long term efforts/dedication from trying to solve the "lack of funds issue" in their own way.

From 2015-2020, it'd take a person 2-3 years to get to endgame with awesome gears.

Currently, 2020 onwards, it'd take a person +4 years to get to endgame with okay gears, since skill books are gradually more expensive too.
    • If more players are farming and selling, then technically the inflation wouldn't be going up so fast, and would deflate in prices once in a while

Even when multimage started, WS/CS was less than 150-200m in June/July 2021.
    • At the start of the server in 2015-2020 when everyone worked their way up after a few years, WS/CS was STILL less than 50-100m
    If there weren't multimaging, is everyone suggesting WS/CS to become around 100-200m again, or to stay at 300-400m range? ...its still steadily going higher
    • Why blame customers when it's the supply/power creepXdrain issue?
    • Why hurt or hinder players who play differently or put in lots of irl time to farm?

Since P_Coin speculation actually drove the market up even higher since Oct. 2021 test run, since everyone was panic buying/selling WS/CS since it'd be untradeable with an additional meso sink mechanic.
    • This is also a Pricing and Trust issue, wherein buyers should not be subjected to those that manipulate the market for massive buyouts and holds
    • There needs to be Market Securities by the staff to control the Rate of Natural Inflation Relative to Power Creep/Drain
    Then when P_Coins actually dropped, it spiked from 2m to 3m immediately Jan. 2022 to Feb. 2022, then to 4m in March 2022:
    • P_Coins costed more Mesos to convert to WS/CS
    • P_Coin Pouch 5 gave less P_Coins back when changing WS/CS to P_Coin

upload_2022-5-5_11-40-56.png
    upload_2022-5-5_11-41-22.png
    upload_2022-5-5_11-46-56.png

upload_2022-5-5_11-42-29.png
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/akashs-meso-journal-inspired-by-shivering.41316/

upload_2022-5-5_11-43-31.png
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/prestigious-coin-feedback-thread.43242/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    With this system it would take 40 hours of PQing(before accounting for time spent creating your new character and just twiddling thumbs in PQ lobbies, likely closer to 80 hours total to reach the last section in MPQ/PPQ) to earn on average 95 of the new coins. This lets one player use a total of 3 White Scrolls or Chaos Scrolls from the incredibly long grind.

I don't actually see a world where these new coins could possible be worth less than the current coins, and the exchange from elite to prestigious just doesn't work because of it. Even a low standard for a late game player puts 1 hour of effort at worth at least 10 million mesos. If it takes 60 hours to do a full cour of PQs, this puts the value of the new elite coin at over 6 million each, and it will likely cause a massive crash in prestigious coin prices because now they're effectively worthless without 180mil worth of new coins. That isn't even to mention that you will no longer be able to convert your WS/CS into pouches, as then they'd lose significant portions of value, which comes with everyone being forced to sell CS/WS service when they get one from the gacha, which would especially suck if you wanted to WS a Timeless weapon or something.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    This isn't even a thread about multimaging, half of these posts deserve to be deleted for being completely off topic, even my last one. Akash's original post is a well constructed argument criticizing the nature of the implementation of Prestigious Coins and eventually what follows is the random word vomit about hot button issues.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. MainSan

MainSan Mushmom

Mar 20, 2022
    Male
    4:30 PM
    MainSan
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk
    There's a discussion going on. The prestigous-coin sytem does not exist in a vacuum. Other parts of the game and economy affects it directly and indirectly. If you have constructive citicism against any of the posts you complain about you should present it directly to them.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    Shivering

• Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1