1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shadower changes you’d want

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thuglifer, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    10:54 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Close your eyes and pretend it doesn't exist.

• Like Like x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    2:54 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Ignore everything else and give Shadowers shadow partner. \o/

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    5:54 PM
    Trion
    Beginner
    Shadowers are not getting any buffs until they raise DPS for Angel Ray Bishops.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    5:54 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    For players carrying over from other private servers, yeah. For players who never went above level 30-50 before in their lifes, they wont know about this (and HP Washing LUL) which included me when I started out. I only had funds back den coz the only items I know were worth are Sky Ski, Stonetooth and CS/WS.

Basically yeah they have to do their research but not everyone knows that they have to do research

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Kishu

Kishu Slime

Feb 28, 2022
    Male
    10:54 AM
    Kishu
    Shadower
    Perion
    My 2 cents:

1) 180 sec meso guard (obvious much needed QoL).
    2) buff bstep by 20-40% to make shadower cleave more competitve vs other cleaves.
    3) remove last hit from assassinate because it is clearly kinda buggy (or fix and leave it).
    4) remove assassinate dark sight requirement to so the skill is not ping-influenced meaning it's dpm will be more fair for those who are prone to lag.

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    6:54 PM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    Smokescreen CD is 5 minutes

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Well clearly it's a buff, you don't have to think about it for another 3 minutes Onionthehehe

• Creative Creative x 3
  8. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    yeah, i did some and it is very simmilar meso to exp after 85~90, its better just selfleech/leech

9. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    maybe u can organize all informations discussed here and put on suggestions section, makes more sense

10. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    posting a suggestion now would feel a lil pre-mature, as we've just grazed the surface on possibilities and i hope to get more response from fellow shads and balance team on especially what's client possible or not or if it's within the balance goals for shads that we have in mind.

shadpot.png
    Also, it seems that more data is needed on shad's grinding pot usage.

Could also be cool if "Shadower's are able to pot while in Dark Sight". Lowering some need for higher HP wash and there'd be a lesser gap between those having 30k hp while in DS compared to the lightly washed ones.

11. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Midair assassinate, including the dash
    Edit: Especially now that Auf Haven is imminent, with it's extremely low gravity, even just knockback would significantly delay consecutive nates
    Edit2: Nate spam still bad and feelsbrandishman, unless consistent dashing is made the clear dpm leader

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    added. and afew others as well ty for contributing yall!

Also added "Toggle-able Assassinate for Dash (on/off)" since I've seen multiple folks both wanting to preserve Dash and at the same time wanting to get rid of it :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    Assassinate should be the highest damaging attack in the game, keeping parity with other DPS numbers, but only if you charge the full duration.

It definitely feels weird to have a skill that requires an 8 second charge to reduce your DPS if you decide to charge up all the way. It feels counterintuitive and counterproductive to what Shadowers were meant to be.

14. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    The charge actually helps in some dpm boost during bosses with Weapon Cancels (esp consistent ones like scarga, pianus), it could've been created by neckson for this purpose and they failed to realise how cringe it is to use it overall. Hence, a shorter charge time on the stacks and max charge may be a btr approach

15. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    Well any pause in between damage would be better, but they don't have it set up that way. You end up dealing more damage overall, not counting the niche situations--such as at the beginning of a fight or during weapon cancels where everyone has downtime, when you just spam the skill, which feels extremely counterintuitive to a skill with the name "Assassinate." It's like what exactly are you assassinating if you have to do it a million times in 10 seconds?

A shorter charge would be better, but I also think having that ability to charge to 8 seconds(or whatever is max) should be the ideal optimal DPS for a Shadower even outside those niche situations.

Got a lot of ideas about Shadowers that would give identity to the class. Having a spaced out Assassinate(so something on cooldown), a purpose for Savage Blow and Boomerang Step, and Meso Explosion, I feel like the class could and should be able to utilize everything while keeping up DPS and uptime.

Of course I feel that way about pretty much every class, but this is a thread about Shadowers so I won't bring up all those other unimportant classes OnionMuha

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Assassinate charges in increments of 3 seconds and maxes out at 4 charges (i.e. 12 seconds), although a strong enough shad can already hit max lines at 3 charges (what if assassinate could ignore damage cap in the same way that piercing arrow can :pompus:). In any case, I don't think that repeatedly going into DS for 9-12 seconds at a time and doing nothing else while you charge would make for very interesting gameplay. Reminds me of how I used to kill BFs on shad when it still had its iframes.

You'd also need a bishop following you around and dispelling your debuffs while in DS for certain fights. I guess that's one way make real bishops useful in PB.
    OnionMuha

Giving assassinate a delay when used consecutively, akin to a lot of bucc skills, is something I've proposed before though to make shads more dynamic and interesting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion

Oh yeah that's why I want it to be on a cooldown. Have the charge rate be pretty low, and make DS only start charging either once ASS cooldown = charge time, or only once ASS comes off cooldown(either way works, but the former allows for proactive gameplay while the other is more reactive).

18. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    i really like the idea of giving assassinate a delay, probably this'll never happen because they want to keep "nostalgia" , who in the world played shadower 4 job in 0.62v?, buccanner and shadower was the worst classes back then, bucc already get their love, lets see what we'll get, i really hope we can get more custom changes than just increase %

19. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    Galaxy
    I wish we had reason to use Savage Blow still too besides fear of dashing into body. Uncapping Nate (with a skill% tweak), giving it a cooldown like Snipe, and letting us BlowStep/BoTStep spam in Dark Sight while it charges would be pretty sick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    Galaxy
    Another idea: Change Assauter to either snap to the nearest foothold in front of or behind the target, depending on how near you are on cast, and without landing inside their hitbox where possible (can't cross enemies wider than 'Sault, but should you land inside like currently?). Would function as a demi-Rush for things like Left Arm and Ariel 'Nate spam positioning while still retaining or improving on its intended pre-4th job mechanics.

• Agree Agree x 1