1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a certain point leech becomes quicker than grinding?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Kargo, May 5, 2022.

1. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    1:58 PM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I could imagine it being dependant on the class as well, but is there a certain level when generally leeching becomes a quicker way to level over just grinding?

Thanks SlimeCool

2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    It's mostly after ghost ship levels (When you start WR/CDs) that it really starts to shine.
    Ghost Ship is pretty much equal to most grinding, prior to GS leech often just loses in my experience.

Then again, all of this really depends on knowledge and funding. An experienced player will be better at finding suitable maps (or quests) for their strengths + being geared out well is going to open up better options for them earlier.

Edit: Of course, if a non-mage character goes full int, leeching is likely to become faster than grinding earlier on.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Interesting question! You can see some examples in the Community EPH thread https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/community-eph-thread.42506/ . It seems like there is always a point where grinding is faster than leech however, different jobs spike at different stages. I'm also taking into account that we are using HS when grinding. For example, at around 65-80 warriors will excel at CD:s and out EPH CD, WR or WS leech as seen by PantePante https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/community-eph-thread.42506/#post-284566 and AinzAinz https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/community-eph-thread.42506/page-2#post-28492 . After that, misting as an F/P will out EPH any leech pre 125 and doing vikes or gallos as an I/L 85+ will have equal eph to ULU3. So grinding (general term) is faster than leech, but not in a realistic scenario with one character.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1