1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A good Mesos/Pcoin Sink + Wash solution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lord kniizer, May 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. lord kniizer

lord kniizer Slime

Mar 21, 2020
    2:01 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Feijoada
    I was thinking, we all know that one big problem in the actual ecnomy in this mushroom
    game (a.k.a hyper inflation) is a lack of a HEAVY mesos sink, and one problem every one talks about is hp wash, what u guys think if the mesos/Pcoin sink is attached to hp wash, like a pot or token u can trade for mesos and gives you extra hp (permanent). But u cant buy more than XX per acc in a week, with a maximun that can be bought per acc. (this will not remove HP wash, but will help to finish quicker and save A LOT of vote time)

Also: the hp you get from each class should be diferent, for melee (10hp) for ranged (5hp)

Max per acc (1000 pots/tokens)
    Max HP won for melee (10.000)
    Max HP won for ranged (5.000)

Each token/pot should be like 2m mesos or 1Pcoin (or a higher value)
    Yeah ...
    i know this is also a way to put a real value in mesos to Pcoin...

But is this a problem ?
    Soo...

The end would be 2b removed from the game for every attker (sound a good value to me)

To prevent the comments like (soo every ranged would get to 30k 30k easier and bla bla bla) lets be real, if they planned to go for 30k they will, no matter any other machanic, im just trying to help casual players (and get a good discussion about the threat <3)

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    6:01 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    exactly. where there is a will, there is a way. i like your idea as it can be a good way to help regulate the economy in terms of meso sinks

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I liked alot this idea!

as p. coin can be farmed with common

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    1:01 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    the main problem is that there is no cap to your system, hence everyone can wash to 30k HP without any major setbacks.

if a limit (based from drod $wash command) is implemented to prevent characters from going beyond certain HP, then its fine.

though, personally, i would prefer this solution regarding HP washing: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/making-hp-washing-truly-optional-a-solution.39773/
    as it will still have a time-gating system, rather than buying HP with mesos/p-coin which does not allows washing to be completed very fast by people who have the resource to do so.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    lord kniizer

lord kniizer Slime

Mar 21, 2020
    I/L Arch Mage
    Feijoada
    Probably my idea was not clear enough.
    A cap needs to exist, for sure, u can put a min lv (120-130) for start a quest that gives you acess to this NPC that sells the pot/token (a min lv to start the quest would be 120. To be honest a player lower than 120-130 do not need much hp for anything)

My point is to create a sink for mesos, and save time (NX, which is limited by 1 vote/day) ignoring droped NX by grind.
    The hp wash is a way to incentive players to go for the method and spend money (control the HIGH inflation on the server)

lets be real, it's easier to get 2b mesos playing any class then have to vote for 1-3 years (and still dont have enough NX)
    (Sku method its good but it still need a lot of NX and do not work as a sink for mesos once u can do only 1 time a day. And you still attached to time, u cant go faster and not saving time at all)

6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:01 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    1. No reasonable project requires 3 years of voting.
    2. Sure, but what if I want to wash 4 attackers? Farming 8b takes a longer than voting for a year (for most people)

7. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    It’s still your choice to do either this or another way. This would also help higher lvl people that just washed for content that was available then. I remember hearing “7.8k for ht tail is the biggest hp you’ll ever need”. Skip forward a few years and suddenly you need 7.5k for ht normal, 9.8k for ht tail, 11.5k for pb, xxxx for auf haven.

Soyea something like this would be a great addition, but I’m afraid most people will think that it’s probably cheaper to buy leech for a new (properly washed) character than doing this.

8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    10:01 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The 3 year timeline that people erroneously keep spreading around is for the full 30k hp to be completed. You can start your character with much less nx and play with full power (base 4 INT) much, much earlier than that. Your character only really needs about 750k nx to efficiently start a 30k project, and to finish the wash and play you need about 2m nx in total. The hardest part of the 30k goal is stale washing about 20k+ worth of HP at a 16:12 hp/mp conversion, which takes 3,875,000+ nx or about 1.5 years of voting.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Not to mention how entirely useless 30k ranged is. If you wanna go that far, deal with the struggles

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    10:01 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Yeah it's unfortunate that people tend to see 30k and sweat like that's the baseline, when at most you need less than half of that(plus HB).

30k projects are supposed to be a meme, not an actual goal for 99% of the player base. I have a bud in game who takes their washing way too seriously, it's a little concerning sometimes, especially considering they're a Bishop(you know who you are, calling you out). Like why you sweating on washing a Priest at this stage in the game.

11. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    But the people who hold all the p.coins are not going to spent it with wash , they prob already washed, i personally don't like the idea of washing with mesos, a casual player already have a hard time to get average gears, what about if he need spent on wash too? I previously played royals who have similar system, and it sucks in my oppinion (and this will hurt too many players who is keeping coins on the pocket).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    i started playing on 2nd february of this year, aimed for 19k (overkill on my shad xD) and i'm almost reseting my int, (75% done) and already reseted mp wash, to make your character playable is actually very easy tbh

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    I agree that a huge meso sink is needed, but I don't think it should be tied to washing. Washing as a mechanic is very controversial, but most players would agree to have it removed if there is a good alternative/solution for it.

Tying something else (e.g. meso sink) to washing will make it harder to remove. If washing was ever removed or significantly altered in future, you'd have players saying "but we'll have insane inflation again". Then we'll also have to worry about inflation rates and the economy with any new alternative/solution for washing, on top of however they would've already be impacted.

One of my favourite games introduced its currency sink via limited-edition cosmetic items. The ML version of this would be event cosmetics that cost mesos. This is the exact same idea as Chairs, except it's tied to an NPC so 100% of the mesos spent is taken out of the economy (unlike 2.5% tax with Chairs, which can be 100% avoided if using P.Coins).

Important note: it doesn't have to be an event cosmetic. The idea is that the meso sinks must not provide any real gameplay advantage so that poor or new players do not feel cheated. Event items are just a very easy way to implement meso sinks.

is the option to purchase PQ Boss Monster Cards from Tienk NPC in Night Market. It is completely optional and not at all required to play the game "properly". New players are not at all bothered by it because they are the ones who can completely avoid having to buy it; high-level players (and the ones who can afford it) are the only ones who might need it and would bother with it.

Love Letters from the recent event which gave players temporary hearts above their characters. So in this example, the items required to exchange for the letters would be a very common drop, but each exchange itself would cost a significant amount of mesos. We already know there are players willing to pay large sums of mesos for the hearts. In this example, those mesos would've gone out of the economy instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Fusion anvil with a big meso cost would be amazing, then you can keep events the way they are and you don't have to miss out on cosmetics if you're short on mesos during an event.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    lord kniizer

lord kniizer Slime

Mar 21, 2020
    I/L Arch Mage
    Feijoada
    Following the anvil thing, it could be a forge that you can fusion 2 itens of one kind "2 bad stats itens" into a chance of a better of the same (2 bad cravens to a chance for a better one), this will made all itens have a real value, even if they are grey.

This will taxe a lot more itens via FM + the fee to try fusion (can add some etc (boss dropable?) to increase the chance to a better item be crafted

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    Yes! I have been wanting Fusion Anvils for ages now. There are so many in-game items that look good, but players either can't or won't use them.
    Implementing Fusion Anvils is a whole other separate discussion that's probably not suitable in this thread.
    An example I always bring up is Thief equipment. So many of them are themed after Pirates since they were designed and created in-game before the Pirate class was even a thing. My Corsair is meant to look like a fictional pirate character, but ALL of the suitable hats are Thief hats. Thieves don't even wear it since we all use Zhelm, Scar hat, etc.

Back on-topic regarding meso sinks, other parts of Maple that are potential meso sinks are those that every character goes through once in their Maple-life. This means that whatever it is, any advantage it provides to rich players (or any potential abuse) is severely limited since you can only do it once.

An existing example is 4th Job Advancement, where players can choose to fight Manon and Griffey, or pay 10m to skip it. So this could also apply to other Job Advancements, or things like Zakum Jump Quest.

Keep in mind it doesn't have to be a complete alternative. It could be balanced by being a partial alternative (for lack of a better term). Using the Zakum Jump Quest example, instead of paying mesos to skip the entire Jump Quest, it could be paying mesos to do a simpler version. This applies to any potential part of the game.

• Agree Agree x 1