1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to start playing MapleLegends efficiently (and become a madman).

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Lirbo, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    5:16 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    That's actually a pretty solid idea. Bookmarking that thought for later lol

2. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    8:16 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    This guide is absolute gold. When I first created my MapleLegends account, I read this guide. Only a few parts really made sense. The more I play, every time I re-read this guide, more and more of it makes sense! Well done, and thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    2:16 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    You're welcome lol, glad you made good use out of it MapleF2

4. NoPar

NoPar Blue Snail

Sep 16, 2022
    Male
    8:16 PM
    NoPar
    Hi, any tips for a poor, absolutely new player to complete the second job advancement for the pure int thief, and for the warrior?

5. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    8:16 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    It might be worth creating a separate thread, as that's a great question.
    • Get amorian baskets/other usables for accuracy
    • get attack pots (warrior elixirs, etc)
    • buy 100% attack scrolls from the npcs (70k each) and scroll your weapon
    • see what items you can find/scroll to increase stats.
    • get some useful buffs like SE if you have (helps a tiny bit); mw is useless if your luk/dex is 4
    • see if you can borrow/loan some gear from friends / guild
    However, if you don't have the mesos for that, it might be worth putting your pure INT thief on the backburner until you have the cash to equip and fund it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:16 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    instead, just get some stat (luk) gear as stat is more valuable for pure int thief. i think at some point even a 2-3 luk glove does more than a 12 wa glove.

for the really cheap and cash strapped like me; there's zero loss for any 2nd job advancement until lv70 since 3rd job gives 5 ap. just grab a zhelm at 50 and that's all the stats you really need - just don't use sp above lv30

7. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I don't think too many people will say no if you asked if you could borrow some gear just for job advancement, by the end of the day the server is scam-proof and you can't scam w/o getting banned and the player refunded.

Other than that my best suggestion other than gear scrolled with your main stat (LUK) you can get Amorian Baskets and Ciders (should be enough) and if that's not enough you can grab Heartstoppers, and if that's not enough there are always apples for last resort.

• Like Like x 1
  8. EndStrategy

EndStrategy Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    1:16 AM
    Beginner
    Beginner
    -
    I thought the Frozen Tuna polearm had the highest weapon attack? Unless there were new low level spears I don't know about

9. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    It might have (tho the beginner-exclusive for level 20 is like 3 times higher), but regardless in order to get it you'll also have to spend an owl, and maybe a mil just to get it. That's why accuracy pots simply do the job better

10. EndStrategy

EndStrategy Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Beginner
    -
    Aren't the accuracy pots to assist with using the weapon? Not instead of using the weapon? Not sure how your response related to my post.
    Also I didn't add that the Frozen Tuna should be the highest common weapon for the 2nd job advancement challenge.

11. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Oh it's related because the Frozen Tuna topic was brought up after talking about how to execute the 2nd job adavancement. So I was saying that Accuracy pots + Ciders can do the job better than simply whacking job with the tuna.

I'm making a secondary Night Lord which has 25 DEX and 6 LUK at the moment. I'll be doing the 2nd job advancement soon and update what I needed to accomplish the task. Overall it's not too complicated and I have done it countless times already, but for the sake of documentation I'll post it once done.

12. EndStrategy

EndStrategy Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Beginner
    -
    Oh, are we still talking about the same thing then? I was thinking that the Accuracy pots + Ciders would be used with the Frozen Tuna as the weapon. Were you thinking of using another weapon for whacking?

Cool, thanks I would appreciate that documentation very much. Not sure if you were going to, but could you post some screennshots showing the whack damage please?

13. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    They sure can be combined with a Frozen Tuna. What I was trying to say is that I think your regular class weapon with the AccPots + Ciders would deal more damage since you can use attack skills instead of whacking mobs with CTRL. (Sure Frozen Tuna has some high attack but w/o some STR I don't know how well it will scale)

14. EndStrategy

EndStrategy Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Beginner
    -
    Ah, I understand now, thanks for clarifying.

15. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Here's the gear that I used to job advance on Everdusk (Level 30 Rogue -> Assassin)

Blue Bandana (4 All Stats)
    Rat Mouth (7 DEX)
    Earrings (11 DEX)
    Robe (21 DEX)
    Glove (14 ATT)
    Cape (2 ATT)
    Garnier LV 10 Claw (10 ATT)
    Cider (20 ATT)
    Candy (30 Accuracy)

I faced difficulties killing the mobs so I switched to the Pig Book or whatever its name which has 42 ATT and 10 Accuracy (which turned out to be the better option), since the only Frozen Tuna in the market was offered for 30m.
    It's very clearable with the Pig Book but it requires a lot of HP potions and I was getting impatient, I eventually used an Onyx Apple combined with a Level 10 Claw.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    u know lucky 7 scales off luk only right

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Didn't really bother too much with the calculations, but surely LUK helps a lot more than DEX and ATT when you have 5 LUK...
    Couldn't find my 11 LUK earrings... so I did my best to maximize the min-range.

18. EndStrategy

EndStrategy Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Beginner
    -
    Ah unfortunate that you didn't have a Frozen Tuna, thanks for the update too. It doesn't matter now, but with those dex-boosting equips you could have equipped a clean or scrolled Meba for the higher attack claw and 'faster' attack speed.

Some other equips that would have / could still help with accuracy is a scrolled blue wisconsin and scrolled shoes.

EDIT: Also scrolled eye-equip

19. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    no no really, from ayumilove:

Lucky Seven/Triple Throw (credit to HS.net / LazyBui for recent verification):
    MAX = (LUK * 5.0) * Weapon Attack / 100
    MIN = (LUK * 2.5) * Weapon Attack / 100

no dex in equation

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    5:16 AM
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    thats right, dex gear might as well be int gear for lucky 7
    ^_____^

If you stack some decent luk gear you can do 2nd and 3rd job adv with 4 base luk and no apples

• Agree Agree x 1