1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tradeable Neo Tokyo chairs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thuglifer, May 7, 2022.

1. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    11:31 PM
    Beginner
    Not sure if there's prior request before or upcoming plans for this, writing this to check in. I also don't see why not, for all chairs from neo tokyo bosses to be tradeable since we've already nib's chair being tradeable? :drool: Sure we could sell chair services for the untradeable ones, but most often than not, there arent much buyers since if they've done the pre-quests up to the point for the boss, they're most oftenly better off running with friends and getting it free via rolls. Also, even if there aren't any services being sold, if a chair drops and everyone already has a chair, it's just a wasted drop since it's untradeable. By being able to sell the other few chairs if changed to tradeable, would as a side effect also help with splits when content running :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:31 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Why not untradeable instead to be more in line with most chairs that drop from bosses?
    Wondering what your reasoning is behind making the NT chairs tradeable instead

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:31 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Tradeable means an increased supply of chairs all around. Making everything untradeable would make more sense.
    This should, however, come in conjunction with an improved drop table of sorts since NT is mostly trash still.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    nib chairs r being sold in the market, why not for the others? So if it's changed for all to be untradeable, those who've been selling nibs chair compared to the upcoming NT bossers, the newcomers will most of course loose out. In the first place, if all chairs from NT were meant to be untradeable, it should've been rectified before content release, not left as it is or after. I'm actually amazed no changes were made since release to have nib chair untradeable, as you would so want it to be.

For someone to bring up any issue with having more supply of chairs in the FM, im just speechless.

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I'm not arguing what I want or not, really just wondering what your reasoning for the suggestion was and if you thought about the opposite as well

6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Run the content to get the chair. Simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    oh u mistook me, you mentioned " in lined with most chairs" so i mentioned " as you would so want it to be" as referring to staying in line w existing chairs not what u want as a player. Also, if it's going to be changed to untradeable (nib chair), are existing chairs in store/bought by players going to be changed as well to untradeable (the same item code) or will there be 2 types of nib chairs then?

8. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Making chairs like nib and spirit of rock untradeable at this point would introduce a plethora of issues. Sure, they should have been untradeable to begin with but we are where we are now. If it was announced ahead of time that the chairs were going to be made untradeable, it could lead to drastic changes in the market value of them and negatively impact people. And if it wasn't announced, can you imagine how the people with multiple copies of the chairs on the same char would feel, or the people who had it on less ideal alts/mules or who had lent it out to friends? And even if it was announced, what about the people who are taking a break from the game? Should staff entertain tickets from players requesting for transfers of chairs?

9. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Exactly my point of why the other NT chairs would be better off changed to tradeable rather than changing Nib chair to untradeable. As mentioned by the 2 above to preferring to change nib chair to untradeable, I do not see it being "untradeable" as an adequate change.

10. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I'm not going to advocate for or against making them tradeable, but will only say that making change to several other things in a system based on the premise that an outlier exists is generally not sound action. There could be merits in doing so but the basis of the argument shouldn't involve references to the tradeability of nib chair, which is not intended design.

11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Yes. This would directly be something worth addressing case by case and has a proper solution (GM assists with trade or transfer to alt account) and end (the number of tickets will inevitably go to 0).

• Like Like x 1
  12. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Shouldn't boss chairs be untradable as a proof that you ran shit tons of that boss, or you got lucky lol.
    And untradeable is the trend for all the regional boss and expedition boss chairs.

More like why nib, spirit of the rock and toad (?) boss chairs are tradeable lol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    its just like HP washing, an accident that cannot be fixed

14. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Agreed, the tradeable boss chairs should be made untradeable (Spirit of Rock, Nibelung and both Castellan Toad chairs). This will likely help with Spirit of Rock availability too instead of the few regulars camping it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i guess we can make existing chairs tradable but new chairs untradable (two different chairs)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    11:31 AM
    iPippy
    I dont buy into the argument that tradeable boss chairs cannot be made untradeable. This server has made (and will continue to make) significantly more impactful changes in the name of bug fixes. I don't necessarily believe the current state to be a massive problem, but it also unclear and thus confusing for a new player to discern which chairs are tradeable vs untradeable, while simultaneously opening the door for unhealthy player interaction.

Compared to event chairs, boss chairs are *always* obtainable at any point in time. Sure a player can get unlucky in finding one (I only recently got my first NT chair myself), but they are not time limited and a new player can obtain them.

I actually dont think I like the economic implications of tradeable boss chairs. Currently, tradeable boss chairs are rolled, hardly ever split, even if they hold considerable value relative to the boss's other drops. It provides a precedent to roll other valuable drops (roll for pouch), which really only serves to obstruct community building.

I somewhat understand why players are hesitant to split boss chair profits. The currently tradeable boss chairs have a small market, and it looks like they are a pain to sell. Their market values are likely inflated for whatever reason right now, but even at realistic price points they are still among the more valuable drops in the drop table.

Not every player wants to roll large value items, especially when they know the other player doesn't actually want the item, but only wants to flip it for their sole profit. I've never understood why this was considered socially acceptable for these items in the past and do not believe this behavior would change if more boss chairs are suddenly opened up to market. Losing a nameless/dunas chair sucks, but it's ultimately a 0 value loss due to having no resale value. Compare that to losing a nib/toad roll and then seeing it listed in FM.

#RollForMW20

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    I don't know about you but I simply just avoid folks who roll for toad chairs or main drops in general. I see your concern as more of needing to be aware of who you run with rather than trying to change the FOMO and runners behavior; that is not what this suggestion is referring or hopes to do.

• Disagree Disagree x 2