1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleepywood Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daydreamer, May 9, 2022.

1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    5:04 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hello Legends! I wanna talk today about changes to improve Sleepywood.

You might recognize me from my Sleepywood challenge thread. This thread is not related to that challenge, but as you may have guessed, I really like Sleepywood. It's nostalgic and has a very cool theme. Unfortunately though, it's not that relevant in v62-- at least not beyond level 21 or so.

The purpose of this thread is to suggest some small changes and additions to Sleepywood (or more specifically, the ant tunnels) that could improve the content there and introduce some interesting new spots for grinding and questing.

One of the most iconic parts of Sleepywood, besides the sauna room, are the "Kill 99" quests. There are a few of these: kill 99 horny mushrooms, kill 99 green mushrooms, kill 99 zombie mushrooms, kill 99 curse eyes, and kill 99 evil eyes. These quests are excellent and don't need any sort of change.

What does need changes, however, are their awful "Kill 999" followup quests. These are daily repeatable quests which look good in theory, but have godawful EXP rewards. They're not worth doing at all. I want to suggest increasing their EXP by maybe 400% to make them more worthwhile.

Additionally, I'd like to suggest some more quests of this type (kill 99/kill 999) for the deep ant tunnel mobs. To be clear, I'm suggesting these quests for the following mobs specifically:
    Cold Eye
    Dark Drake
    Ice Drake

For Cargos, Tauromacis, and Taurospears, I think their EXP should be increased. This is because these mobs are much more like "mini bosses," with a low spawn amount and higher HP.

It was mentioned in the 2022 balance roadmap that there is a possibility of adding Gacha-locked scrolls to some mobs. I personally think that Cold Eyes, Dark Drakes, and Tauromacis/Taurospears make good candidates for these. Cold Eyes in particular should be looked at. Cold Eyes dropped chaos scrolls in pre-BB GMS. That is probably not something coming to ML, but maybe some other high-value gacha-locked scroll could be added to their drop table, similar to how helm INT 60s were added to drakes.

Thanks for reading!
    HalloweenML
    ;)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I believe Zombie Mushrooms dropped CS at a VERY VERY low rate on GMS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:04 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    [​IMG]
    Pasta calculating with which Ant Tunnel maps would be best multi-maged after high value gach exclusives are added.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Sleepywood needs more sleepy and definitely more wood. Too many caves, damn it!

I sort of agree with the 999 quest, but I don't think any amount of exp upgrade would compensate for the sheer amount of monsters you kill for only an exp/maybe some potions reward.

This is more of a gripe about a cool conceptualized place that ends up being abandoned, but that applies to just about everything:
    • Sleepy is awesome because it's deep forest Victoria Island, supposed to feel like the "high level" area of the Island, but gets abandoned because there's not much past the level it's designed around.
    • Omega Sector is awesome because it's got sick music, feels like an out-of-the-way(at least before Pirates) adventure, and has its own challenges and loose storyline to follow. But it gets abandoned because there's not much past the level it's designed around.
    • Abandoned Theme Park is fucking awesome as a concept, I love the theme parks in eastern countries(most of them are gone) that sprouted because of several economic bubbles formed, which subsequently became abandoned once those bubbles popped. I wish there was more to it but there's nothing past the level it's designed around. And apparently they're getting rid of it in GMS, which is super sad.
    There are several others that Neckson just never did anything with. Maple had a lot of great concepts that just never lead to anything. I love the game for what it was and what it is but a flaw is still a flaw even if you love it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    Daily 999 kill quest rewards Gacha Ticket or Random Gach-locked scroll? (Leaning towards the scroll).

Edit: I'm 99% Joking...?

• Like Like x 2
  6. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    As someone who has extensively played one of my characters in a Victoria island-locked challenge, I can say that the EXP of these mobs are inexcusable. Even in the context of only Victoria island, FoG and excavation site end up being much better because the mobs have much better exp:hp ratios and spawns. I think when these mobs were originally released, they were intentionally given terrible EXP to slow the pace of the end game for players who reached that level.

When you combine that with the insane exp rates of world tour maps today, they don’t even stand a chance. For example, a single Dark drake has 3x the HP of a greatest oldies, but only gives half the exp. And no, I’m not even including the exp from the latest hits compilation, just the base form. With this being said, they should give at least 6x more EXP, maybe even more to compensate for their comparatively bad spawns.

BUT, even with a significant EXP buff, they would still not be great. The drop pools of these monsters are also terrible, basically any scroll you can get from these monsters are useless and their drops are all fairly low level.

Some need less help than others. For example, evil eyes are mostly pretty good spawns, they just get huge power creep from genins and teddies. If there was like a 20-40% exp increase they would easily be a good option in the 30-50 level range. But most others need significant buffs. I also think cold eyes should have a very significant buff as they are the main spawns in all of these maps but their exp ratios pale in comparison to similar options like zombie lupins or golems. Then again, most of Victoria island could probably use at least a 20% exp buff for these levels.

I really do hope they buff these mobs, as sleepywood is one of the coolest areas in maple. And honestly the El Nath mountains and orbis can likely also use similar buffs. But sadly, I don’t think the devs will really consider it vs changing bossing, PQs, quests (lol) or any other amount of things. Still, I am rooting this suggestion, and not even really for my Victoria-island locked character as I’ve already basically done everything I have wanted with them.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3