1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Auf Haven Circlet Balancing Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, May 15, 2022.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:05 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    As mentioned by staff, maplelegends will be getting neo tokyo part 2 soon, and this will include auf haven. The vanilla drop table of auf haven included the auf haven circlet, along with the respective scrolls that are used on it.

This purpose of this thread is to offer some suggestion / open discussion on how the helmet can be modified to better fit maple legends.

https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1002972
    upload_2022-5-14_22-17-55.png

60% scrolls (+3 stat, if failed, will boom at 50% rate)
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/use?id=2040033
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/use?id=2040034
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/use?id=2040035
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/use?id=2040036

upload_2022-5-14_22-23-16.png

5% miracle scroll (5% to give +4 all stats and some avoid / defense)
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/use?id=2040037
    upload_2022-5-14_22-22-54.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our neighbor server, mapleroyals released the circlet mostly as vanilla, except they buffed the 5% miracle scroll to 10%. This means that a royals player needs about 200 white scrolls to complete a perfect helm, giving a staggering 82+ stat total (up to 87 with their server specific godly system).

I think what mapleroyals did was a mistake, as an 82+ all stat helm is too powerful, even at a cost of ~200 white scrolls.

Rework Suggestion - Modify helmet / remove miracle scroll
    -Change the stats (avoid / weapon defense / magic defense / accuracy) of the helmet to be inline with a scarlion / targa helmet, except, the average stats should be 17. This means that the stats on a helmet can vary from 15 to 19, for all stats.
    -Change the slots to 10
    -Remove the miracle scrolls from the drop table
    -Nerf 60% auf haven scrolls to give +2 for their respective stat instead of +3

This will make it so that the helmet is an accessible upgrade for most of the server population. With an average stat of 17 across the board, the clean helmet is a 2 stat upgrade over the targa / scarlion helmet.

It also opens up a lot of damage potential for warriors and thieves, who can now scroll their helmet for main stat instead of secondary stat (with the LUK and STR scrolls).

Auf haven helm becomes an upgrade over existing helmets, but not so much so to the point where it invalidates every other helmet.

Anyways feel free to disagree with the above suggestion or offer your own input / suggestion on how the auf haven circlet could be best modified.

I do hope however, that the majority of people agree that leaving auf haven completely vanilla is not a good choice.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    6:05 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    copypasta from my bt application

i’d suggest that, from 4 all stats 40 hp and 4 avoid 5% pass rate, it goes to 3 main stat + 1 all stat, 20 hp and 4 avoid at a 25% rate. That way, people gonna need around 80 white scrolls to finish the helmet which is similar to the amount needed to finish a +7 timeless weapon nowadays. However, there’s another option: making an exclusive Auf circlet white scroll that could be crafted with neo tokyo coins and auf haven etcs. This opens a new market for nt coins and would be nice too, without inflating even more the white scroll market. This would generate a market for people who run the boss but aren`t end game enough to actually scroll it, so they can sell the Auf Haven White scrolls they make while running Neo Tokyo. Both options are good tho, because pouches drop from nt bosses, so farming Auf Haven coins for scrolls would be simultaneously prestigious coin farm.

I believe it’s important to maintain avoid +4 as this attribute diminishes the disparities between NL and the other classes. When it comes to 3 main stats and 1 secundary stats, i believe it’s a good way because we shouldn't invalidade secundary stats on endgame gear/ secundary stats from rings during events. For instance, max str for a bowman on a Auf helmet would be 22 on this proposal and 62 dex. This same way of thought works for other classes too. So, we are talking about a 84 total stats helmet, which is only 30 to 28 stats more than the actual end game helmets. That would be like another 6 att for end game archers and even less for other classes. Not incentivizing power creep. For warrior/buccs would be a good amount of str (+ 43 from perfect scarlion) which is around 6 att for them- rate for buccs and warriors is usually 7:1.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    5:05 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Since it opens up to STR and especially LUK scroll for helm would this make NLs even more OP than they are now?
    Really dont think NLs should be further buffed wrt equipment wise. It just doesn't feel right with the trend we are having right now.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    6:05 AM
    I heard that in Royals, a handful of players passed +20 miracle scrolls then let the staff greatly nerf the drop rate and the success rate.

5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Does NLs have 25 base dex? I haven't heard any NLs hitting 25 base dex (usually ive heard its around 40-50) and still able to equip craven, so I don't think thats an issue for now. Adding the facestompers will add more woes to their base dex.

It does give indirect buffs for warriors however, since the meta weapons do not have any dex requirements

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    25 dex is the minimum for thieves

7. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    I didn't try to argue/explain anything, I just answered about the minimum dex needed to be a thief lol

8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    oops, going to edit my reply kekw.
    thanks

9. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    After thinking things through, I think that my original suggestion makes auf haven helmet too strong and invalidates all other helmets - even with the risk of a boom. I think that the 60% auf haven scrolls should be kept, but nerfed to +2 stat per scroll instead of +3 (assuming that the helmet is reworked to be inline with scarlion / targa helmets).

I'm updating my OP to reflect this. Kimmy has just confirmed that we can expect this content in the next patch, so if anyone has any balancing suggestions they want to put out in this thread, now would be the time to do it - before it is released.

• Like Like x 9
  10. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hey everyone, just want to say the balance team has been well aware of the AH Circlet and the impact it could have on the meta/game for quite a bit now. I want to reassure everyone that they've been working hard to make sure it will fit in well with Legends. Thank you for setting up this thread and all comments will be read by the staff team. Great input!! ^-^

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1