1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

.wz related bug / OCD SOUND_DX8 Bug

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by OverEasy, May 16, 2022.

1. OverEasy

OverEasy Red Snail

May 12, 2020
    Male
    8:49 AM
    OverEasy
    Assassin, Night Lord
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): only happens in HT during lefthead,
    Screen goes black / sound gets cut off then game closes.
    [​IMG]
    What is supposed to happen?: n/a
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: HT (left head everytime for me)
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Usually happens to me when lefthead is almost dead.
    Extra information (optional):

Only started happening recently to me, maybe after the Valentine's day event.
    I have reinstalled the game. Even tried to re-install for before a run. I have also enabled all sound settings then muted and relogged. Still experiencing this issue :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:49 PM
    Moderator Post
    Do you happen to have a program called "VoiceMeeter" on your PC or other audio enhance programs? We recently had someone that solved this very same problem by getting rid of it.

3. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    7:49 AM
    Likewise had this happen to me in a run this morning (and these DCs have only started happening recently as well, sometime after the Valentine's Day Patch). Did you find out a solution to this?

4. OP
    OP
    OverEasy

OverEasy Red Snail

May 12, 2020
    Male
    OverEasy
    Assassin, Night Lord
    Hi Kimmy,

I don't have "VoiceMeeter" or audio enhancement programs on my PC.
    Speaking to the few others I know who also have this issue, we all D/C during left head when its about 25% hp left or lower.

After I d/ced in my 1st run last night during left head, 2nd run I tried something by going right head when left head summoned 3rd or 4th darks and I didn't d/c at all.
    I know this isn't a good solution for all cause some people start right head first and will eventually have to get to left head anyway (which happened in my run on Friday).

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. RoyalBumpkin

RoyalBumpkin Red Snail

Mar 28, 2020
    Male
    Sexybumpkin
    I/L Wizard
    I got this twice in HT too this week and CWKPQ literally 5 minutes ago. I have my sound to lowest but maybe I'll try muting it completely.. maybe just restart your modem/router/client everytime before you boss XD

6. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    I'll add on by saying I already play with my sound off, but perhaps I need to set the bar for the sound all the way down as well since I currently just had it muted.

7. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Interesting: I was on this run yesterday, and I have Voicemeeter installed on my computer. My audio sometimes cuts out in HT (just BGM, not game sounds), but it always recovers once we crystal out, and it hasn’t caused crashes (yet).

8. OP
    OP
    OverEasy

OverEasy Red Snail

May 12, 2020
    Male
    OverEasy
    Assassin, Night Lord
    Yeah I spoke to mardi about this already, we both play with sound off. We both tried re-installing / restarting pc before runs.

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:49 PM
    Moderator Post
    Playing with sound off does nothing in maple because muting still puts through the sound as volume 0.

10. OP
    OP
    OverEasy

OverEasy Red Snail

May 12, 2020
    Male
    OverEasy
    Assassin, Night Lord
    I tested out not attacking left head again when it got to around 20-25% HP and I didn't D/C or get the sound_dx8 error. That's currently my only work around this bug during HT which isn't a very effective solution