1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Corn's Horntail Journal (inspired by Akashsky's)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Cornwall, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    3:32 AM
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Hello everyone,

I am making this Horntail journal in order to keep a record of how I am improving my mechanics using a corsair. Since I first started this server playing a DK, trying out as a corsair is a whole different thing for me right now. Additionally, I decided to self leech myself up to lvl 175 in order to take more advantage of MP washing so I could reach higher HP potential. So in essence, I am a high level corsair noob. However, after watching akashskyakashsky horntail journal (https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/akash-skys-horntail-journal.27002/) I can see how the performance inside HT continued to progress as more runs were accumulated.

The objective right now is to consistently produce more than 50% DPM efficiency.

My current dummy DPM on cider is this:
    upload_2022-4-25_1-2-57.png
    SE+SI+MW20+Echo

My first horntail run after resetting my INTs to 4 was a 12-man hosted by our one and only ryanlightsryanlights, in which I managed to obtain 5.4m DPM:
    upload_2022-4-25_0-59-4.png
    SE+SI+MW20+Echo

This means that the DPM efficiency that I achieved was of 48%.

On the next few days I will try to keep this journal updated with new runs (I've never been good with journals but hopefully this helps me create a new hobby).

Stay tuned!

Attached Files:

• Great Work Great Work x 17
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    12:32 AM
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    The question we all what to know is:
    Team Zerk or Team Dismount?

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    10:32 AM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Don't forget your gloves goat

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    For now, team dismount seems the most adequate as low boat hp and I only have 14k hp. Maybe after a few levels and I wash a bit more, team zerk does seem more enticing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    So I've decided I will only be updating this thread after all of the runs of the week have finished.

This week I was performing worst than the previous dpm posted, ranging from 4.4-5m dpm. I believe the main reason to be is because I'm using my sed mule during the run which makes it a little bit harder to get used to dismounting, spamming octopus, etc. while also taking care of the sed mule.

All of the runs I did this week (6) were 6mans, which I feel is even better for my performance. The last of these runs, we ran out of resses and my sed mule died early in the run. This run I managed to output this dpm:
    upload_2022-4-30_14-3-36.png
    SE+SI+MW30+Cider

This is the only run I've achieved 50% efficiency. So to reach my current objective I have to keep reaching this DPM continuously.

Stay tuned for more!

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It has been a while since I updated this (as I said in the OP im not very good at keeping these things up).

As of recently, I kept getting 5.9~6.1m dpm. However, today I got to upgrade my gloves from 15 atk to 21 atk. I achieved my highest DPM so far on my 29th run!:

upload_2022-5-19_1-1-30.png
    SE+SI+MW30+HT Buff/Cider

I haven't checked my dummy dpm recently, but im pretty sure this is at most like 57% efficiency. This run is the first I've had with some free-fire DPM at end of the run (for like 40 seconds to a minute). As our squad keep getting stronger we will probably get more free-fire DPM time to boost this DPM up.

:D

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
  8. SiriusPlaque

SiriusPlaque Slime

May 15, 2020
    Want to know has your squad gotten stronger?

9. OP
    OP
    Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    upload_2022-6-28_0-53-28.png

This has been highest DPM so far!

SiriusPlaqueSiriusPlaque I would say so yes.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1