1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjust Timeless Diesra

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by carebu, May 19, 2022.

1. carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    5:07 AM
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    I've done some spreadsheet math and come to the conclusion that a perfect Timeless Diesra(levels included, 161wa 31str) is worse than +5 PSB even with level 200 stats/gear. IE in the best strength scaling vs attack scenario. Which means it's much worse earlier. And this is also accounting for the fact that PSB loses half of the effect of SI from being overspeed. This is in free fire attacks per minute calculations that may not be exactly accurate to tickrate/interruption considerations, but that just favors higher attack speed items anyways so PSB wins even more.

Considering..... PSB is event gear and Diesra is Pinkbean gear, not to mention the absurdity of getting perfect timeless gear anyways. Kinda bums me out. And since the polearm weapon category is kind of a meme in of itself, I was just hoping to propose that the Diesra move up from Slow (8) to Slow (7). Gives a man something to strive for in the end game. This would bump the Diesra upto being like 2-4% better at equivalently scrolled levels on high timeless levelup rolls, only when SI is active.

If you want me to provide the raw data I can, but it's formulated into my janky spreadsheets for gear/damage checking so I'd have to completely reformat it for readability. Plus I encourage staff to do their own math since u have the mathlord NiseNise who can probably check with more confidence of what I claim.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    2:52 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I once considered making a decently scrolled diesra to farm CWK exchange items only to later realise that its speed was slow 8 and not slow 7. So I gave up promptly. Please show some love to diesra. I don't have numbers but I think even crimson arcglaive is better than diesra.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    6:07 PM
    Its shape also needs to be adjusted. Ugliest PB weapon, an axe is put onto a bent stick.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    5:07 AM
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    Yes, it would be. The difference of 4 attackspeed is like 60wa apparently. Given you have 1200~ strength.. (less str = less value of wa, so diesra is worse lower) With SI the gap narrows 1 point but it's still like a 30-40wa advantage. My numbers may be hyperbolic don't quote them, but as stated a 129 surfboard beats a 161 +20~str diesra.

On the brightside you 127?+ surfboard or glaive owners (i forget glaive max attack idk if 129 is possible) can say you have a better than perfect timeless polearm :^) Mine's only 124, I'm a pleb