1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information MapleLegends 2022 Development Roadmap

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, May 5, 2022.

1. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    1:19 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    As someone who has left ML due of simply not having the desire to depend on voting solely for washing
    And my opinion may not equal in weight as players who currently play the game

I am eager to see what these changes and QoL happen
    I don't believe in the playerbase choices or justifications but that doesn't apply to Kimmy
    I have faith that you may be able to come up or have a good solution to these issues, and i'm excited to see what they'll be, hopefully come back again and have fun on this game, because i admit ML is s till one of my favorite servers

Now i proceed to spin

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. saito

saito Slime

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    7:19 AM
    Syndication
    I/L Wizard
    In my opinion you should do this:
    -Remove hp washing compleatly
    -change xp rates back to 1
    -re introduce 2x xp cards in cash shop
    -make late game pqs and bosses more available and not caped as daily quests.
    -adopt a maxhp increase from various endgame bosses and pqs so you need to grind this part of the game to get into later bosses with higher hp requirements. (not as a drop)

results: ( this will nerf leeching and make the game more playable from start to finish where u dont have to nx stall to get correct hp)

leeching and washing destroys the game.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
  3. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    2:19 AM
    Jean
    Beginner
    Funk
    ^ some people like motto will agree HP/MP washing destroys the game but leeching is people's choice that one thing that's no one can't stop them even if the game go to 1x EXP people will still do leeching.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    What how? It's the exact opposite.

Washing allows people to enter boss runs where they would otherwise get one shot, you can wash heavily so you can take another one or two shots from the boss before going down and it saves mesos on pot costs (mostly because % pots are too cheap to begin with). None of those things "destroy the game". You don't need to cripple your early game in order to participate in the endgame bosses later as long as you know what you're doing (that's the biggest issue when it comes to washing imo).

Meanwhile since leeching is so effective compared to actually grinding all you see at certain maps is mage upon mage with a bunch of leeches and no chance for people to party grind (you can buy leech though). Party questing and party grinding just cannot compete and dies down because of it.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    Jean
    Beginner
    Funk
    i not part of people who hate washing. man is hard to say something without sound like "i agree with those people."

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:19 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Screenshot_2022-05-22-17-39-29-681_com.android.chrome.jpg

i will make a summary of what happen when no need hp wash

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    when we don't have hp wash unfortunately we need balance the classes, so you don't need to reroll after reaching high level and dealing less damage than a int sair, if we follow this way of thinking we should nerf pallies to the ground, how they don't need wash and do pog damage?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Yeah, sure neee a balance anyway

9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Dumbest post lmao

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    well, all server i played that dont had a rework in jobs with no wash req is this what happen

btw, now i see reply about the pic i printed from the hero topic, i am not talking about damage...

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    Jean
    Beginner
    Funk
    reading this twice so is time to reply for real so strong boss can kill player in one hit that freaking crazy!!! now i know why people do HP washing in first place. but man going hard to kimmy and the staff to keep washing i mean once a owner make something optional can't changed back.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:19 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    "volunteer" *cries a little inside*

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  13. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    11:19 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Thank you lots for all those cool calcs!

OnionBlush

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Who let you out of the calculator cave

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:19 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    DOBY IS A FREE ELF! Lemme out of the cave! FoxF1

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Let me ask, have any roadmap for cards?

17. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Hi Kim, I love the work you guys have done to the server over the last few years. Really great work!

I do have some critisism about this statement though. I mean it in a kind way, so I hope you wont take it the wrong way.
    Your statement comes across as a smooth talking politician answer, where you talk about everything but never actually answer anything or give any specific details.
    HP washing is the most sore topic with this server, and I think the players derserve a more direct answer than this.
    It leaves the reader with a sense of confusion and angst, because we literally have no idea what direction this will go judging from your statement, but now we know changes is coming so we better hope for the best.
    Instead we could have been assured everything would be fine by giving a few important details on what specific things will be tweaked in which direction.

So my advice is just to be more direct, it will work better when speaking on a sore topic as long as the tweaks are good, -but still, youd want to know if the tweaks are bad beforehand too right?
    Thanks for giving a statement on the topic, I appreciate the staffs efforts.

Sorry for necrobumping :walkingdead:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    That's not how roadmaps work: They never give the exact detail until it's fully finished and finalized. Nor is giving months ahead of time the right details possible anyway, because things aren't final.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    Are you guys still planning to finish implementing the pre-BB changes (green highlight are the ones added so far; I apologize if I missed any) to Maple legends? I'm interested in the Thief changes(Meso Guard, BoT, Assaulter), Warrior changes (PS/SB scaling buff), and Gunslinger changes.

I noticed that Dragon Knight's Crusher was changed to have better scaling. Will you also do this for other skills too? For instance, in the Sair guide, it's recommended to not upgrade Outlaw's Burst Fire skill until you have 11 SP since Double Shot will outdamage it until then (and it had a small dmg increase in pre-BB right before BB I think).

20. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    While we aren't specifically following GMS' changes, our skill balance/QoL work is definitely not complete yet, meaning that more changes in this direction are likely to come with upcoming extra balance patches.

I can't mention specific skills (mostly because they haven't been decided yet), but there's indeed more of them that require attention like Crusher.

• Great Work Great Work x 2