1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase All Warrior Shields Maximum Slots from 7 to 10 Slots Clean

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by twing1, May 13, 2022.

1. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    4:35 AM
    twing1
    Beginner
    With 2h weapons being cemented in place as the damage choice for heroes/paladins and 1h weapons (even with a 30 att maple shield) being unable to keep up in dpm, I see no harm in opening up the other warrior shields that offer more defense and STR/DEX compared to maple shields to end game viability.

As of now, investing into 1h weapons as a hero/pally is twice as expensive as investing into their 2h weapon counterparts because a godly 1h weapon and a godly shield are both required to push dpm numbers, yet there is no real payoff because even with a godly 1h weapon and shield, the dpm does not surpass that of a godly 2h. Opening up the number of slots on higher level warrior shields would improve the viability of 1h weapons by increasing the defensive potential of this playstyle, as well as closing the dpm gap between 1h and 2h weapons by opening up the possibility of 30 att shields with +STR/+DEX stats from base.

If all shields were allotted 10 slots, Maple shields would retain their worth and value as a low level, all-class option, while the high level warrior shields that come with base STR and DEX would take their place as true end-game options, while at the same time not upsetting the 2h weapon meta.

The effect of this change would be strictly positive on build diversity, as it would improve the viability of under-performing playstyles without introducing meta-shifting power creep or economic turmoil into the pre-existing status quo.

This would be a harmless, relatively easy change to implement that would do nothing but add more diversity of play into the server.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:35 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I thinked in something similar, but with high lv shield (90+?)

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=01092058

These already exist in the form of the Timeless warrior shield. The only thing this change would do is invalidate any existing/scrolled timeless warrior shields as they are untradeable.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    Oh that's awesome! I didn't know that resource existed. I'm glad that it's already been changed, I was just going off of bbb hidden street. I have to spend some time on the maple legends library.

Thanks for sharing!

It would be cool if they added a "maple legends equipment changes" post in the features forum that keeps track of all of the changed equips, similar to the "maple legends skill changes" post.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    u think is a good idea if it apply to lv 100 shield?

6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    7:35 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I don't think so. Due to the quote below

7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    lv 100/110 shield can have it
    and tl shield can gain some att when leved

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Agree, they should just buff timeless/reverse shields too, 1h+shield deserve a buff in general and that's a good approach, waiting till lv 150 to be able to get a decent shield seems unfair while 2h with less investiment gets more damage

• Agree Agree x 1