1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sublets (Maple Journal)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Soblet, Dec 17, 2020.

1. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    4:25 PM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    LOL

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    9:25 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yo! No level up yet but a bit of bossing and leeching.

I made a post on this forum about how kebobs are a poor choice of dagger and not long after this thing got smega'd, had a good laugh. Don't let anyone tell you what to do or how to live your life! FoxF1

[​IMG]

Did my first ever HT run as the seduce target (late ikr). I kept postponing it since I wanted to figure things out before actually trying but never really paid much attention during runs so I went in pretty blind. I got alot of advice and stuff but it's hard to grasp for some reason FoxGhost

Anyways the first run went pretty well getting used to the timings and everything though unfortunately our non sed bishop DCed and then our sed bishop died leaving us without the heals. Still managed to hold out for a good while but I eventually got hit with a seduce>dispell>1/1>walk into rocks. The odds of that happening seem very very small (just HT hitting 1/1 is only a 25% chance). I had already used Hero's will a couple minutes earlier to avoid crossing middle and activating the other arm.

[​IMG]

Next time I'll save my will for when I get dispelled just to be safer I guess...

After that I did a couple more runs as seduce and those went fine and now it feels like I've graduated HT pretty much. Still no cards/chair though despite running it a fair bit FoxAwk

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I'm still working on my mule gang. They've passed lvl 75 which is usually the point at which you move from windraiders/CDs to wolf spiders. Problem is though that my bishop is nowhere near strong enough to 1-hit WS (2-hit is horrible, I tried lmao) and I have zero intent to spend any meso on anything but my shadower.

So I looked around a bit and since I was going to ditch my bishop at vikerolas for my shadower anyway (don't enjoy playing bishop at all grr) I decided to ditch the bishop right away. I'll miss out on some HS as my new HS mule hasn't got it maxed yet but whatever. This leeching was surprisingly fast but I didn't check the eph so who knows.. FoxF6 It's probably trash and all in the mind ehe

[​IMG]

I'll always try to make progress on multiple things at once when grinding and the badges are needed for the ''WS exchange'' so it's a win win. I won't stay here much longer though and head to my next leeching spot which will be the final step before vikerolas. Can you guess where that will be FoxF6

Pink Bean attempt number 2! Second run was here already (weeks fly by) and yess we got the clear FoxF2

[​IMG]

Awesome stuff, the run went super smooth and it was ofcourse much easier for me than the first run where I had to figure things out basically. Thanks for taking me on the run FoxLove

Thanks as always and take care! FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  3. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    176!

[​IMG]

A bit of bossing but I'm mostly focussing on leveling up the mule gang. After finishing up the stormbreaker levels I went to Leafre for the Harps. Pretty chill map and a bit better exp than I was getting in crimsonwood but still kinda slow.

[​IMG]

Good thing it was only a couple of levels though I did get a nice discount on magic seeds from the chief FoxTongue. There's a couple different price tiers you can go for and 12k is the second lowest. The cheapest one is 8k per seed but that requires so much grinding I might never go for it.

[​IMG]

On my way to Vikerolas! Experience gains will be so much better yay, I wonder how long I'll stay there and where I'll head after because I had not planned that far and there doesn't seem to be great options FoxAwk

[​IMG]

It's been a while but finally made some progress on the monster book again. My second nib and first HT cards FoxHehe

[​IMG]

Finishing the last sets is gonna be a while still...

[​IMG]

Did some tough dragon skin hunting for the Horntail elixir thing. I always do that in the map Leviathan spawns at and all 8 channels were up. Got two chairs out of it which fortunately didn't go to waste, hate to see that happen FoxF2

[​IMG][​IMG]

Been thinking of joining a guild again but finding the right one is literally the hardest thing in this game. I'm in the Eternals guild of the guy above ^ on a mule and they're all nice but low level and I'd also like to do bossing and stuff with a guild? I think. ugh. There's always a bunch recruiting so uh I'll try look into it more maybe.. FoxGhost

Made it to 16k HP but 450 HP worth of event gears is about to expire, was nice though FoxAwk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Byeee FoxBye

• Like Like x 10
  4. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    177!

[​IMG]

I mostly did a lot of vikerola grinding which is very enjoyable on a shadower and got a bunch of levels on the mulegang. Soon I'll be able to ditch two of them and continue with the ones I want to get to 4th job (SE and SI/TL mules).

The eph doesn't compare to what you can get on a mage but I get about half of that I think which isn't too bad considering I'm fairly high level. Plus I barely use pots (no hp pots just use an elixir once every 20-25 mins to keep my mp up) so it's all profit basically.

[​IMG]

I thought about filling the soon open spots with leech byers to sell some shad leech for a laugh but it's not worth bothering probably. I enjoy my freedom not having to sell my hours.

[​IMG]

Now I'll soon catch up to the two mages that I made way back. An I/L that I used to hunt the monster book ring with which is at lvl 101 and the F/P that I used as a PQ mule is at around 94 I think. They might be useful to level up to 4th job so I could potentially use them to grind stuff with on the side though I'm not sure if I would even do that and I wouldn't want to waste that effort. Maybe I'll get the F/P up to 101 and leave both there in case I ever change my mind.. Not sure yet.

Totally forgot about this thing. It started out as 108 att clean and it finally reached max level.
    2/10att 2/5luk 2/5str FoxGhost

[​IMG]

Luckily the scrolling wasn't so bad this time, only needed to pass 3 to get an upgrade over my current dagger FoxHehe

[​IMG]

It shouldn't be this hard to get upgrades at this stage of the game, I'm still using basically the same gear I had at lvl15x lmao.. I like how the result gets gradually worse in a perfectly balanced way though.

Other than that I did some HT/NT/JC runs though I'll try to focus more on leeching for now and get that out of the way.

Rip event gears FoxYawn. Now that they're gone it's become pretty annoying to switch equipments to level up timeless stuff so currently I'm just waiting for the next update that hopefully fixes the leveling bug making life easier. Speaking of updates we just had an announcement about some huge upcoming changes and while some of them seem great others have me worried if I can keep this character going the way I want to. Not much info out yet so we'll just have to wait and see but could potentially be pretty bad, fingers crossed FoxAwk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cya! FoxBye

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
  5. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    178!

[​IMG]

Wew I've been leveling slow but it still feels like I'm making good progress overall. Ahh I've really been slacking on this journal again though as this back to back nib chair drop already happened so long ago FoxAwk

Won the second roll, thanks guys ^^. Only missing 3 NT chairs, 2 Toad chairs and Pink Bean to finish the set.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Such a cool chair especially if you use it as ''mount'' with the visual glitch.

[​IMG]

Then the mulegang hit 95 and it was time to move on from Vikerolas. Problem was that I wasn't really sure where to go next. I tried nightshadows and galloperas (and even ToT yikes) but they were all worse exp and drops than vikerolas. Then I tried the Censer map in Shaolin and that actually had a fair bit better exp than vikerola but worse drops and it didn't really seem worth the time either way so I'm kindof stumped now..

I think I'll just level my mages up to archmage and use them for the last 100-130 stretch for my SI/SE.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The added benefit is that I'll have 2 mages I can use to make some mesos on the side if I ever want to. It's looking like I'll need to start farming WS now as I'm finally close to getting a worthwile dagger FoxHehe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One more level up to go... FoxAwk If I get a bad last roll I might try more daggers but if it's okay I'll start doing WS10. Only need to hit two 10%s for it to be an improvement over my current dagger lmao.

And another succesfull PB run FoxF2. As a single client shadower the boss fight is pretty simple and there's not much risk of dying which I was most worried about the first runs. Now I've focussed more on trying to keep dpm up as much as possible, looking good FoxHehe

[​IMG]

And my second Horntail card. Haven't really done much card hunting anymore as I kindof want to get better gears before running bosses too much..

[​IMG]

At least the washing is going well, already close to hitting 17k with an event that hopefully rewards APRs on the horizon. I also finished my skill build and decided taunt and ninja ambush are worth less than saving SP for MW30 even though I won't be able to afford it for a long long time. So for now I'll save up 10 points before using more SPs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading and until next time FoxBye

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  6. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I'm a fan of your new look

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Haha I can tell thanks.

8. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    [​IMG]

1/5 str 3/5 luk 6/10 att.

It's too bad but I don't think I'll be able to get better level ups if I try again and this is literally the lowest overall stats I would even consider to ws10. Leveling daggers (any timeless equips tbh) has been such a letdown that I'm probably going to settle for this but I'll give it some thought first.. FoxYawn

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Continuing with this dagger seems like a giant waste

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    Galaxy
    Gurk: "115+ prolly worth"

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    1:25 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I think I said 116+ :V

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    Galaxy
    30 the shit out of it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    After seeing you having leveled countless of daggers and this being your first 115 while also being your initial goal of getting a 150 dagger.
    I would settle for it but maybe consider WS+30 first slot or so if you feel like ws-10 not being worth it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    3:25 AM
  15. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Aaand we are back again. I didn't really get much done at all since last journal post for a number of reasons. Mainly because if I don't go ''hard'' (I'm pretty casual, hard means 1-2 hours daily) enough at either grinding or bossing or whatever I lose motivation and due to some IRL things I didn't have the time to play as much as I need to to keep going. I did login mostly just to chat but even that died down so yea. The little time I did have for gaming was taken by doing quick matches on RA2YR which is always a great time.

I did get to run PB, HT and some NT bosses when getting invited for runs FoxF2. Finished the Nibergen set yay!

[​IMG]

And tried to figure out how the hell you're supposed to hit Ariel like this without falling down (I didn't lmao, I guess I could use pickpocket or ask everyone to stop attacking when I need to reposition but not sure if that's appreciated hehe)

[​IMG]

But mostly I've been trying to level up my mage though tbh I forgot what I was doing that for exactly, I'll figure it out along the way no worries. FoxTongue This grind is pretty boring, hope to finish it soon... FoxGhost

[​IMG]

I never knew there were multiple maps named ''Kamuna'' so I couldn't find Nightzy-Wightzy when looking but I got a nice compliment out of it FoxHehe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cyaa FoxBye

• Like Like x 7
  16. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    1:25 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Using pickpocket is actually kind of big brain. I once did a dpm1 to see if I was hitting and it came back a zero :D
    I'll try that next time I run on shad (after shads get buffed with upcoming patch ;))

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Lool that's pretty funny, pickpocket earnings are so small that I almost exclusively use it as a tool for measuring whether I'm actually hitting or not than anything else. There's a couple situations where it does help in that way not just at PB. Idk about those shadower buffs though FoxNo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

179!

[​IMG]

Once again I've been fairly inactive other than trying to catch the occasional HT run and sometimes getting a level up on my FP arch mage to be that I lost a purpose for lol.

Sub 1hour runs now wew!

[​IMG]

I've actually been so inactive that I didn't buy pet equips for a while and instead finished some of the pet quests that I had not done yet. Sadly no gorilla robo though FoxAwk

[​IMG]

The quest log is looking very very empty now. I've got a couple hidden quests I can still do and should finish the Latanica quest again but other than that am all done yay FoxF2

[​IMG][​IMG]

I decided to keep buying timeless daggers for a bit longer as long as they are somewhat affordable (around 300m a piece now). Already kindof trashed this one after one level up but maybe some 30s will stick maybe FoxYawn

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hey at least the washing keeps going, 1k more HP and I'll have 30k with HB which is pretty neat (even though there's rarely any HB around but w.e it's the thought that counts). It's nice to be able to cleave heads at HT and not really pay attention to the arms and have a good laugh when the seduce bishop follows me around for heals. I can still die fairly easily if I get an unlucky sequence but the probability of it happening goes down pretty fast now.

I doubt I'll ever stop using meso guard at bosses that can 1/1 (and seduce) but who knows, still lots of washing to be done..

Next up I'll keep running HT more as that's enjoyable right now, maybe try to find some CWK runs aswell though it's hard to schedule for me right now being busy irl, we'll see.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Take care and see yaa FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Nice 170 int with gear :^)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Investing in int gear goes a long way =)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    180/181!

Okay I've been slacking again, never really feel like posting if nothing noteworth happened..

[​IMG][​IMG]

Reaching 180 is great, it means I am now at full potential at every boss (your damage dealt gets lowered a little when your target is higher level than you are). Mostly did alot of HT for minimal meso gain but decent exp. It's fun though and I can slowly inch towards 200 this way FoxTongue

Still don't understand why the bloody timer was reduced by so much, sometimes 6man runs just go wrong when people DC FoxCrazy

[​IMG]

Leveled up another perf timeless dagger 4/10 attack.

[​IMG]

Haha silly me

[​IMG]

One day FoxF1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welp almost 30k hp with HB atleast.. Cyaa FoxBye

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 4