1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Final thread about this, the Sky ski issue

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by xquzion, May 11, 2015.

1. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    10:27 AM
    Sean
    Greetings friends.

First week into the server we saw 6-10 drops of sky skis, since then NONE of these has ever seen the light of the market. I was one of the few to have one pair but I blew it up yesterday (got greedy).

The issue is that many warriors rely on weapon accuracy stat so they go for weapons like Guanyu polearm etc.

And as far as I remember there was not even a single drop of shinobi bracer the first 2 weeks, then when many sins hit 50ish their droprate upped like crazy? If you run 35 @ shrine you are bound to get 1-2 shinobis. But not a single ski after so many weeks in the server? Right now they are more rare than white scrolls.

Of course we cannot compare a lvl 55 weapon and a 85 one hence why im asking Skis to be rare but not impossible to get.

Im just asking to consider to revert its droprate back to where it was since its obvious it has been tweaked to a super rare jackpot drop as many fellow spearmen need that extra acc and attackspeed.

please note that the majority of players grind at very certain spots, windraiders/ wolf spiders/ himes and many mobs that drop high level spears and polearms are untouched which makes them extremely rare in the market (Fairfrozens,pinakas,hellslayers). Only Treat managed to get like 2-3 of them from bossing i suppose.

last note is that most of the jobs got weapons from exchange quests from windraiders when there is no spear version. Which means many jobs have access to certain goodies like dexless claws and sweet 2h swords. So please consider making the sky ski *Rarely* obtainable again!

please love spearmen like you loved sins and you bestowed the mighty bracer upon them.

thanks in advance for taking the time to read this
    pce

• Like Like x 1
  2. lottamoose51

lottamoose51 Mushmom

Mar 29, 2015
    Male
    3:27 AM
    Weed
    Horizon
    I agree, we need more skis!!

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:27 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I have some suggestions:

a) add more DEX. 15 DEX = 12 ACC, which is more than skis, and you'll be able to use weapons with higher watk later.

b) gash in perion if you want the skis so badly

c) Don't use dark scrolls on equips you can't afford to blow up.

4. OP
    OP
    xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    So when the rest of the pairs that got gachaed get boomed or failscrolled noone has them eh? And if you wanna check how bad gachaing at perion is take a look at the previous thread of mine. Warrior elixirs op.

you can get stonetooths, shinobis ele wands and staffs for breakfast, I dont see why I cant get a pair of skis with 100 gacha or so

also Lionheart if a DK is washing how exactly will he dish out damage? What will he add? 100 dex 40 int ? Whats left for STR then?

5. Tiko

Tiko Mushmom

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Next door
    Tiko
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    First of all sky skis are considered end game gear not only because of their 10+ accuracy but because their attackspeed is higher too. No1 can argues that a good sky ski>all other spears at late game. Secondly do you think that perion gacha drop rate is much higher than shrine? I dont cuz 9/10 you will get elixirs...In that 3rd one you are completely right he totally fucked up :p But this is maple you know scrolling needs risks. If u dont have the balls you will never make any outstanding gear to go on.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Sky skis are only "endgame" when you are spoiled and have all the skis you want to 30%. If the supply is properly balanced, it should be much more feasible to crank out a godly pinaka or dragon Faltizan that can still outdamage sky skis.

I'll admit most of the time what you get from gash is garbage, but that's par for the course anywhere. You guys just got unlucky and are demanding drastic changes because of it, plain and simple.

Also ele wands seem to be pretty rare. You guys complain about 6 skis on the server? How about there being only like 1-2 of each wand type and mages outpopulating DKs 10 to 1.

Oh also: you guys should support the idea to make gash items also available by killing monsters. That way you could also try to hunt skis if you desired.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    I don't think gach rates have been touched since Beta.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    they used to drop from both nlc and shrine, Navi confirmed their removal from nlc but I havent seen a single one yet in the market after that

9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So, these guys are saying a GM confirmed this change in the chat box like a week ago. But it isn't in the update logs. I thought it was just rampant speculation at first. If the availability of sky skis were really changed, I think I'd at least like to know the reasoning behind it.

10. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:27 PM
    Sky Skis were removed from NLC because they were not supposed to be there in the first place, it was placed there by mistake. We can suppose that the rates from shrine were very low to begin with since now there are hardly any around.

• Like Like x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    Thing is, noone trains at mobs that drop any kind of 80+ spear/pa so market is completely dry off of them while you can see some weapons for other classes here and there, not to mention stonetooths,shinobis exchange quest weapons and many 100's due to skele's. And since skis got removed from shrine as well I guess, noone attempts to gacha at the other places simply because it is not worth at all. My main concern is that when any DK hits 80ish he will have to farm weapons for himself and the mobs that do drop them are not a good incentive exp wise or dropwise (scrolls and other eq's) to train on...

(farmed blue cents for FF yesterday after 2h~ no drop so far)

12. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Bowmen have to farm for their Nisrock/Neschere too, and maybe pirates for their concerto or what not, not too sure about them. Night Lords have to farm for NRC, if not gach at Kerning to get Sleve (because it only drops from Horntail). I (assassin) don't expect myself to be able to throw 30%s on either of those claws any time soon, I'm happy with just 60% on them until I farm more claws or more becomes available if at all.

So I think a lot of people (not just DKs) have to farm for their stuff too.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  13. OP
    OP
    xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    but all the mob places you stated are grinded upon by a big if not the total playerbase at high levels, while mobs like dual birks (pinaka drop) and others are overlooked simply because they are not worth at all. And farming 4h daily alone on shty mobs for a weapon drop can get as frustrating as you can imagine. To make my point clear, MOST jobs have access to endgame weps, while our DK gacha one got removed from the shrine and nlc spam so we have to spend hours to farm a single high lvl weapon @ mobs not worth the grind.

• Like Like x 1
  14. lottamoose51

lottamoose51 Mushmom

Mar 29, 2015
    Male
    Weed
    Horizon
    #FixTheSkis

15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Birks are actually a decent training spot. All you need is some patience because soon enough as more people get up there in levels, they will be training there. And also, if you wanted to hunt your own gears, it'll probably take a few days at least. Complaining you've been at one spot for 2 hours for one very specific drop is nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Birks are also the only spot for White Neschere so that'll be two classes farming them.

You can of course, simply do perion gach for skis. They give horrible pots but for skis it should be worth it (and gach is free, too). A fair rate on average would usually be 35-150 tickets or so? If it takes more than that then maybe the admins can buff the rate a little.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  17. lottamoose51

lottamoose51 Mushmom

Mar 29, 2015
    Male
    Weed
    Horizon
    The fact that you need to gach and spend 7-25 days of voting to get one weapon is ridiculous. Especially since everyone else will be getting good scrolls at shrine and making a shit ton of money.

18. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Sky Skis look like a luxury to me with +10 acc and normal speed. If you're not willing to sacrifice your income for it then you'll have to make do with farming for Pinaka, unless the admins want to change that.

19. OP
    OP
    xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    been at blue cents for 5h totally, I only got couple axes and maces and Im clearing fast with priest friend. No eclipse/FF drop yet

20. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Don't know the formula for equip drops, but I would say one equip drops every 30-60 min? or maybe longer, and a mob drops a variety of equips so it may take a while before you get the specific drop you want.