1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

inflation, not a shrinking problem but still a growing problem.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RemiIia, Apr 26, 2022.

1. RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    2:11 PM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    first off. I am a retired player so it really does not effect me in anyway.

And anyways~
    we should take the time to applaud the efforts of everyone who has implemented the prestigious coin system in the game, I think it helps the server as a whole move in the right direction.
    I love that it encourages bossing within the community however, it didn't exactly prevent what it had meant to do.

since the ever-growing problem that the free marketers still use ws/cs as a store of value which caused the abnormal rate of inflation to score so high, it bought the attention of players and the game staff.
    it may have stopped, temporarily, or slowed down the process of inflation by shifting the focus of white scrolls and chaos scrolls back into goods of use for character progression rather than hoarding mesos. the game has improved a bit.

the problem isn't supplying the server with these scrolls, in fact, the new reward systems implemented promotes the supplies of white scrolls and chaos scrolls through normal gameplay which is great! And now thankfully these scrolls have been made untradeable as well to further the prevention of unfair circulation and accumulation for certain players.

I will not provide data because it is too obvious, so no point really and you'd have to ask my quantitative team anyway~

anyways, what we should suggest now making pouches untradeable and limiting the prestigious coin price ceiling to 1,000,000 Mesos. Not exceeding or proceeding less.
    So with that change, the staff will have to determine a new conversion rate of pouches 1-5 for coins, whereas the conversion rate of (x amount of coin for scroll can remain the same.) the idea of this is that you can't offload pouches into shops or liquidate the scrolls for easy Mesos and with less coins from pouches it won't be too abundant for players to just buy coins easily either since gathering 100,000,000 Mesos isn't a challenge for some.

If we can limit both of these processes in shops and trade, we will effectively and indefinitely cap the price of ws/cs to 100-110m. More importantly to keep in mind is how this brings back the focus of gameplay for players to use the prestigious coin system solely as a way for character progression, i.e upgrading equipments!

And here you have it, goodbye inflation! ( of ws/cs)

in regards to the negative feedback on this post that I would likely get from certain players. This is a suggestion for improvement and promoting the natural progression of the gameplay that evens out the leveling field for all.

• Disagree x 11
    • Agree x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I agree that direct control of the price of P_Coins by the staff would stop the inflation.
    • all governments have a set control over the value of their own currency, especially in a "closed market" (a market that's not global, across different countries)

I'm hoping that the "Power Creep" of WS/CS issue can be handled appropriately such that the Hard Set Meso Prices of P_Coins can be adjusted to increase/decrease in meso price every few patches depending on:
    • Power Creep VS. Power Drain - amount of perfect equips being made, sold, and or lost in the whole server

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    10:11 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Regarding power creep vs power drain, it would be interesting to know if equipment and items forever lost within banned accounts are factored into the generation & drop rate of pcoins/pouches/ws/cs gachas. Granted this type of information is very high level stuff so i doubt that it’ll ever be shared.

Personally i feel like divine staff intervention is not the way to go and would instead stifle the market purely on the fact that when prices are controlled and moved up and down by staff, consumers will get irate.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. noobynoob

noobynoob Slime

Jul 12, 2021
    5:11 PM
    bigger meso sink or increase drop rate of pouches

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2022-4-26_14-16-22.png

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kirep

Kirep Mano

Mar 19, 2019
    Male
    Porosk
    IMO any price control would instantly cause hyper hoarding, and instead of selling the coins directly, you would have people selling ws/cs service, with no coins on the market b/c of price control.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Prestigious coins would have been a great implementation if all it was was additive content to the already existing ws/cs system so that the supply-side issues could have been addressed. Instead, it was implemented in a convoluted mess that tied ws/cs prices together, made the price per ws/cs uncertain and volatile, and made less clear how many ws/cs are actually available in the market. Its implementation didn't even touch base on the hoarding/investment issue of ws and ironically amplified the problem instead.

Multimage farming isn't the problem - it is a reaction to a faulty system of production that doesn't adjust its supply to meet a steadily growing demand. How many more people are stuck in a white scroll project because of Timeless weapons that demand wsing more slots than dragon or NT? How many more people are trying to finish out their end-game gear because they've reached level 200 over a year ago?

Power creep on items has a negligible impact on the server. Even if 100 more perfect weapons were introduced into the server over night, nothing would really change because apples exist anyways.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    What about adding chaos scrolls to monster drops like cold eyes. GMS had this and so can ML. This way, we don’t have to rely on gacha luck to obtain ws/cs for non-bossers. This can generate more cs in the game and thus, more pcoins in the game. This way, anyone can try their luck to make money and bring down the price of pcoins to a more modest value of potentially 1m each.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    6:11 PM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
  10. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜

is that a meme of shivering? lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ido

Ido Blue Snail

Feb 6, 2020
    Male
    11:11 PM
    idoybh2
    Bishop
    This defeats the purpose of adding pcoins in the 1st place imo. Wasn't the whole point to encourage bossing?

This so called 'problem' has a much simpler solution imo. Just make bosses drop pouches more often and higher pouches. For example HT drops a pouch 4 (up to 30 coins). Split that to the usual party of 12 and you get 2.5 coins each tops. You can actually get more from zak (20/6=3.3). Enough coins in the market will eventually make the prices lower - no need to go on extreme measures such as limiting the price of sell imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    5:11 AM
    200 poor. new term.

13. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    P coins were supposed to re-adjust the price of cs and ws back to their acceptable levels of about 100-110m each. It is implemented well but the current outcome was not expected. Pcoins jumped from 3.1m to 3.6m-4m mesos literally overnight from June 17th to June 18th 2022.

You said it perfectly. Pcoins were a way to encourage bossing, but there should still be another way of meso making other than relying on pure luck from gacha. There needs to be other ways of making mesos. Why should one be forced to boss to make a reliable have a source of income for obtaining ws/cs. This is why I suggested copying gms in adding some cs drops to some monster drop tables. I was also exchanging conversations with a guildie yesterday and I noticed that no area bosses, like the crow boss, female boss, grandpa boss, toad boss, etc don't have a mysterious pouch drop table. This is something maybe the GM's may want to consider including some drops into those boss's drop table.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ido

Ido Blue Snail

Feb 6, 2020
    Male
    idoybh2
    Bishop
    The best thing you could do about prices rising is to stop buying em. Also irl imo. The power of your wallet is strong and can def drag prices down.
    CS/WS drops from mobs is too extreme for such valuable items. You don't have to buy a WS/CS to be successful in this game. I don't see the problem with it's price being high (I agree 420m~ per one is too much, however).
    There are ways to make money in this game by regular drops, by selling leech, by doing quests etc. I don't see PCoins as the only "reliable source of income". There are def many more.
    I agree with the last part, more things should drop pouches imo, even if very rarely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    You did it, economy solved! You surely took HS econ. Let’s all just stop buying coins. If you buy coins you’re ruining the economy

Edit: for the record I pledge to stop buying coins for a cumulative 6 week period to do my part in helping the economy

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ido

Ido Blue Snail

Feb 6, 2020
    Male
    idoybh2
    Bishop
    I mean, If no one buys for a certain price people will drop it. I'm not saying this is the perfect solution. I did say earlier that imo more coins should drop...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    When enough people run PB and can generate valuable assets worth billions of mesos out of thin air, sellers need buyers with access to large pools of mesos in order to continue selling their goods at those prices. Sellers are better off returning the mesos back into the economy so people can continue paying high prices for their future goods, so buying coins at higher prices is not only feasible for them, but it is incentivized to maintain high prices of their goods while having unfettered access to buy coins (non-participants get priced out). All that matters is converting PB drops into coins regardless of the cost. Mesos will continue to flood the economy in this way through mage farming and meso reinjection, and the value of these items will go up so the increased coin prices can continue to be ignored.

Access to leech will only expedite a future where people are running multiple PBs a day with their fully leeched attackers.