1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making HP Washing Truly Optional - a Solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 25, 2021.

Do you think implementing this system would be good for the future of MapleLegends?

1. Yes

250 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Maybe

30 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Renisdk

Renisdk Snail

Apr 28, 2021
    Male
    7:09 AM
    renisdk
    Spearman
    I’m started a month ago and thought I didn’t really need to wash my DK . O boy I was wrong I looked at some builds and my hp is shameful compared to others . I can’t hit 30k hp with hb even at lvl 170 now

• Like Like x 1
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:09 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    170 in a month is crazy fast though. I doubt you'd have the vote cash to wash to 30k even if you had the mp for it.

3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    He's lvl 93 :3

4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Time to get some int then...

5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    DK is definitely salvageable. I had no base int on mine until around level 90 and still hit 30k with HB at 155. Get some int equips, pump base int, and do some MP washing and you’ll be fine. You only need to generate like 560 extra MP to get 30k with HB at 160. Over 70 levels it’s possible especially if you’ve already been wearing stuff like zhelm and dep star every level generating MP already. This also assumes you’ll wear a MoN and tier 10 ring which are both good to have anyways.

Edit: just checked my cash shop history and didn’t even spend that much NX imo to salvage my own DK. This includes resetting 40ish base dex and whatever base int I had (I think around 80 but it’s been a while). This was also before tier 10 ring or MoN so I had to wash slightly more than I would’ve now.

upload_2021-5-17_7-37-12.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    4:09 AM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    I disagree with your assessment on shads. Shads are the class that can do it with the minimal washing like warriors (40-60 base int, small amount of int gear). You don't need 8k hp at lv155, that's for shads that want to hp wash.

7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    7:09 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    You are right. 8k HP is not required, if there's HB. Without HB, then the 5k base +1k monster ring will likely to bring issues.

I find bucc's low-int washing very similar to shad in terms of strategy used (50int base, hit level 150, get 5k HP on shad and 10k HP on bucc) and roll into HT.

With HB ofc there wont be much problem, but ive been told at times that nowadays, melees are expected to survive without HB, and hence, the washing threshold for bucc is now at least 15k, according to iPippy. If we translate that into shad, thats roughly 7k before T10 monster ring.

Quote is from this thread which you may read in further details: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/non-hp-wash-jobs.39653/page-2

8. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    I'm not a shad expert, so this should be taken with a grain of salt. But I believe shads can survive with even lower HP for something like HT because BStep has iframes, so there should be no reason to be taking touch damage on the left and right heads (which drive the 15k HP threshold according to https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/important-hp-thresholds.31698/).

And there is a party comp meta where you throw 1 DK with range, and cleave with cleave. And most of the time, you can only get 1 DK, which gets prioritized to ranged party, especially if there's someone who needs HB. But if you're a shad that isn't SED target, then you could sign in the range party requiring HB if you desire. Might have to argue your place in ranged party, but everyone loves smok.

Also, Blu301 only has 6.3k base HP, at level 200, so if he can do it then anyone can. https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/blus-full-guide-for-shadowers.26735/

9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    For pink bean shadowers do need to reach this threshold:

15k HP
    -Able to tank PB touch damage with HB

Every melee attacker should be able to take touch damage. With meso guard, this brings you down to like 7.5k hp, and tim is able to reach this with all the hp items that staff has released.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    just ran some calculation using chew's washing calculator

on bandit, 50 base INT, with 13int zak helm (from lvl 50 onwards), 21int HT pendant (from lvl 120 onwards) and 7int racoon mask (from lvl 120 onwards) can help to obtain 6.3k HP at level 180.

With T10 ring and pet scrolls, probably can hit the 15k HP threshold.
    i'll take back my words regarding shads, but compared to warriors it won't be an easy wash.

• Like Like x 1
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    It only seems like it's not as easy because the minimum required MP per wash is triple that of warriors. However, I think that current balance for Shads washing is fair simply due to their effective HP being doubled through Meso Guard.

A shad can wash once every level with 60 base INT and 60 INT gear (and even more if they MP wash), but their gain per wash is effectively 36 hp per fresh wash. This also impacts their level up gains at 44 hp gained per level, so their natural effective HP growth is double their NL counterparts. This also impacts the effectiveness of HP gear like Tier10 (plus triple stat usage).

Shads are balanced as it is. Making HP washing easier for them (through Sku's suggestion) will just make them unnecessarily overpowered.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    Camper
    If only balance team had cool people like Sku

• Like Like x 4
  14. NecksonBad

NecksonBad Slime

Nov 12, 2020
    San Andreas
    CarnivalPQ
    #JusticeForTimmy

15. muc

muc Snail

Jul 4, 2021
    aaa
    Camper
    Replace the op consumable with a daily, once per account quest that gives free ap resets would be a great way to make HP washing easier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Pelinsu

Pelinsu Timer

Jan 15, 2022
    2:09 PM
    One contribution to this might be including some amount of NX as a requirement to finish the daily quest, therefore the voting would continue and HP washing becomes available for people at higher levels.
    +1

17. Anostifus

Anostifus Blue Snail

May 30, 2022
    9:09 PM
    XxDexlessAznSinNLShinobiNarutoxX
    Beginner
    Love this solution.

It might be even cleaner if instead of a permanent upgrade to your character's HP, the item applies the +HP to an item (like the monster ring). So that there is still a non-functional distinction between washed characters and non washed (washers can still feel accomplished, and new players wouldn't be missing out on anything). More importantly so that any character can revert back to their true/vanilla character HP just by taking off the hypothetical equip, rather than being permanently disconnected from the classic experience.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Waterisgood

Waterisgood Red Snail

Mar 6, 2022
    Male
    united corn
    Magician
    Strongly support this idea

19. Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    Warrior
    An alternate suggestion that is built on the current system which makes
    Class-differentiated monster ring:

We all agree that T10 monster ring is itself an accomplishment right?

Then the easiest way is to reward those who made it to T10 to give them access to all Bosses based on their class.

I'll use this as a reference https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/guide-major-bosses-hp-required.41825/

These are just estimates. Don't flame me for the lack of precision/accuracy.

Assuming that the definition of truly optional allows for ranged classes to boss without HP then 19.2k total HP is required. Assuming that ranged classes have 4k hp at lvl180 with absolutely no washing then we will need monster ring to give 15-16k HP for ranged classes.

Something similar for bandits: We take into account that MG exists and the fact that it is NOT RANGED. Touch damage 25k. We will need 12.5k HP for bandits. Assuming they also have about 4k hp at lvl180 unwashed we will require just 8.5-9k HP from the monster ring for shads.

You can do something similar for mages and other non-ranged classes

Idk I let the balancing team do whatever they want.

Idk maybe you can reset your ring HP to do other things. Don't @ me . Ask balancing team

The reason why I not talk about mages is because I'm really lazy to do the math for mages to survive whatever. Bishops got invincible sooo....

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    HP washing optional technically doesn't mean MP washing is also optional :D

• Agree Agree x 1