1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making HP Washing Truly Optional - a Solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 25, 2021.

Do you think implementing this system would be good for the future of MapleLegends?

1. Yes

250 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Maybe

30 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    7:06 PM
    Warrior
    Yeah to be fair I'm legit laze to do the washing calculations. I do believe that the "HP washing optional" should be made in a way that allows any class to participate in bosses without having to do any part of washing. (Participation as in survive boss hit)

Mage survivability is annoying because the minimum to survive a hit requires a fair bit of HP and MP 1:4 if I recall correctly.

My end goal is to have:
    invest enough effort to get to the state where they can survive a hit for their class without introducing new systems or new items.

2. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    1:06 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I feel like the reason this isn't implemented yet is because of the fact that the bottle gives you Extra MP. It would mean you must vote to get it into HP - which will completely sabotage the "No Vote2Win" lie.
    But honestly FFS, I'm sure everybody would agree that it is definitely worth getting rid of the fake "No Vote2Win" tag, and being straight and open about it in exchange for solving the server's biggest problem EVER.
    I mean jesus christ Neckson were extremely Pay2Win, it wouldn't kill anyone to spare 30 seconds a day to show some gratitude to the server, and I'm sure that can definitely be agreed upon.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    8:06 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Don't count on people's common sense Liran LOL actually don't count with their gratitude.
    I really believe that anything that makes someone grind for (like monsterbook ring tier 13 AND quest ring AND daily quests) are perfect to completely solve the washing issue.

4. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Yeah well I mean I agree that it's something that must be grinded for and that's totally fine, though with the current items it's still not enough. Now the problem about items that are achieveable by everyone is that it's gonna make washed characters insane. For example a character with 13k hp would have 17k and such. That's why I think the solution suggested here is the most ideal. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Humm... It's a point but maybe washed characters wouldn't want to grind for those items since they're good already.
    Also I think someone being heavily washed shouldn't be the main concern if you consider DKs are already muled. In my opinion, DKs and also other jobs need buffs and this should be addressed in another thread.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    7:06 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    well, as with anything that goes in this server - if you can, then its now meta, hence u must. warriors gets t10 regardless - i don't see how having enough HP will deter range from going beyond what they need

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:06 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Washing to minimum is already easy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Getting tier 10 in a warrior was never a good idea for starters, its not "meta". People do because it's fun or they're looking for some cheap stats, remembering it's the worst ring comparing to the other jobs and if you invest ur time trying to farm anything it will probably be better than grinding for it, until a certain level of gears.
    Plus, not everything is about "meta". Everyone knows what's the best thing to do to progress quickly but really few ones do. Just look at yourself, why are you playing as a paladin that cant trade?
    And my suggestion tries to give people options to do instead of complaining a lot about the way it is. Most of them don't know how hp wash properly works and usually quit about hearing lies about that. But if you add those kind of stuffs you would be able to tell everyone "it's ok you can forget about washing and still be someone in the future".
    The idea is to make washing truly optional with those options. Personally, if I had the option to do daily quests and quest ring I would surely wash more instead, cuz I don't like that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    That's not true, the minimum to be able to properly participate in all bosses is 12k, though the benchmark is 13k for NT comfort.
    Sure you can do the mechanics of bosses and "dodge" certain attacks, but doing it is NOT ideal and overall a DPM decrease.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    12:06 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    What ovv means is that, washing to the minimum HP for bossing, for lets say lvl 160 is easy.
    After that, the remaining bosses can be easily washed, without many hassles mostly cause, leveling at that point takes time (a lot of grinding, or a lot of bossing).
    So in general, you're not looking at doing 160 -> 200 in a month, but most likely a long journey of bossing + grinding.

Voting at that point becomes second nature and tbh, from lvl 160 to 200 you're going to save a ton of APs such that you can MP wash and HP wash with big chunks of AP resets.

11. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    just vote and add some base int

12. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Frankly I'm not sure what you were trying to say there, even after reading multiple times. The only part I somewhat understood is that you mentioning that it takes a long time to reach 200 from 160 so people can gather many APs along the way.

If I got you correctly there's 1 big issue with what you are trying to explain.

By level 160 you should already hit your 13k benchmark (163 to be exact) because that's when Neo Tokyo starts.

• Like Like x 1
  13. datahush

datahush Red Snail

Mar 28, 2020
    Bowman
    upload_2022-6-26_11-6-14.png

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Tyron

Tyron Mano

Apr 5, 2021
    Male
    Ranger
    I also agree with a solution in that ballpark. It doesn't even need to be any easier or faster than traditional washing - I'd much rather do daily quests 4 years long than daily nx voting 4 years long.

It could even be quite similarly structured. Maybe this quest requires you to give up one AP permanently, but you'll get it back later with some extra hp. Or something like that.

15. NoNiceName

NoNiceName Blue Snail

Jul 4, 2022
    Male
    NoNiceName
    Assassin
    none
    i stared few weeks ago and found out abbout this HP washing thing,
    i can realte to Timmy, i not gonna do that i just want to enjoy the game with my sin
    #JusticeForTimmy

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. MainSan

MainSan Mushmom

Mar 20, 2022
    Male
    MainSan
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk
    Can't believe I haven't seen this post before. Best solution to Washing I've read yet. Making the quest requirements random every time is fun, keeps the game interesting AND gives initiative to travel the mapleworld, very nice :pinkbean:

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2022-7-10_12-20-23.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    If I might weigh in on this - the other server (the one with the hard R in its name) has a feature just like this that straight up gives hp increases (along with HP challenges of their own), and I think it's an amazing feature for easing new players into the mid-endgame and providing an alternative path of progression for those who want to play a ranged attacker but also lack the existing resources to wash. Personally I think that's the way to go instead of increasing max mp. Less complicated too.

I'm just wondering why we don't have a feature like this to keep and attract new players, and create a sense of meaningful progression over time that dosen't involve not playing the game (i.e. waiting for vote cash - I'm aware you can farm vote cash, but realistically the amount the average player gets compared to the NX requirements is just a tiny drop in the bucket and I think most people just decide to wait). And I say this as someone who heavily washes characters. The HP challenges being tested right now are great and all, but even that's heavily limited in effectiveness (being unable to HP wash at all if you choose that path, for one). I know some of the older players are heavily against something like this because it "invalidates" their achievements and time investment, but I'd like to also point out that from purely doing the daily quests, it takes almost a year and a half (roughly) to hit 30k HP (you'd get like 30 HP a day). Which is almost as long as HP washing if you didn't stock up on vote cash prior. So a daily HP quest like this won't exactly result in everyone being able to just create a 30k NL whenever it strikes their fancy. It's still a massive time commitment.

I guess the point I'm making is that this server needs to at least present players with the possibility of slowly progressing characters to the endgame, however long it might take (can't be too long, but yeah). Emphasis on possibility. Right now, the barriers to entry are way too high (daily voting over a year+, bishop or mage to self leech or tons of funding to buy leech, etc) to expect from the average player. A lot of us may not know or empathise with this because we already have existing resources (e.g. pre-voted accounts, bishops, etc), but I think most people (newcomers) just give up without even trying. With this, at least it's possible, and at least they'll try and play and be a part of this community for the long haul.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 2