1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Standardize "Endure" skill

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ryanlights, Jun 15, 2022.

1. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    3:59 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Currently the Endure skill is not equal in terms of HP/MP regen.

upload_2022-6-15_4-14-49.png

Warriors gain HP only.

While for Thief, they gain HP and MP

upload_2022-6-15_4-15-26.png

Please re-work Endure so that all classes with it, gain both HP and MP.

It's not a big change but I think it's a really nice QoL improvement for Warrior class.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  2. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    9:59 AM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    you mean a really nice QoL improvement for the hb mule rope climberOnionthehehe

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    4:59 PM
    I agree. Forum is nearly dead. We should create more threads to keep it alive.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Warriors get the thieves version of endure spread out over multiple skills don't they?

HP and ladder regen at first job then the palladin? gets mp recovery at 4th, something like that. If you do what's proposed here you'll make some warrior skills obsolete.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:59 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    white knight and crusaders already have improving recovering mp skill of ~40 mp - not even on the rope!

but no one that i know of other then myself added them :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I believe it's the base 3mp plus 20mp from maxing out endure for thieves so 23mp every 10 seconds which is constantly recovering. There's a little caveat for shadowers using assassinate since going into dark sight resets the 10 second timer meaning you don't recover mp at all iirc.

• Informative Informative x 4
  7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    iirc endure used to have a bug that heals u even tho yr not on a rope, but that has been patched out.... i think?
    the one warrior has on 3rd job heals u regardless of what you are doing, even if yr spamming brandish or any other skills (except being dead as a ghost ofc)

as a casual hero player i added it coz i find other 3rd job skills uses except for CA. If endure gets patched to heal even more MP while spamming brandish, im all for it for the MP pot savings (i hate buying and carrying large numbers of potions using my NLC mule, and is too cheap to buy from FM). But I guess the main point im trying to drive is, i believe majority of the people here just simply don't care. We got a superior MP healing skill compared to thief endure and no one adds it anyways.

8. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    2:59 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Just make Aura of the Beholder heal a small amount of MP along with HP, since this is only really a DrK issue (Hero and Paladin already get a passive form of MP Recovery).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    The MP recovery bonus is the difference between a 1st job skill and a 2nd job skill

10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Tfw brawler 2nd job hp skill is worse than warrior 1st job hp skill :(

The real buff warriors need: higher mp regen on ropes. Why do thieves get to be leeched more optimally?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    12:59 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Make warriors regain %-based hp/mp and then make Horntail arms do 6k mp drain, or have both have map-wide aggro. :^)

12. OP
    OP
    ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Thief HP/MP regen numbers seem random and not aligned with anything specific. 62 HP and 20 MP while Warrior gains just 10 HP, both across a 10 second window. Warriors not getting MP regen from endure seems like a gMS oversight tbh.

Let's change this to match the stats of "The Relaxer" chair. A chair accessible to all new players as soon as Maple Island.

upload_2022-6-15_19-4-40.png

and change the scaling of adding points in from amount gained to faster recovery.

So at Level 1 it will regen the same as Max Level, just faster when maxed.

Proposed change:
    Level 1 = +50 HP/+10MP, Every 100 seconds
    Max Level = +50 HP/+10MP, Every 10 seconds

This way Endure does not power creep The Relaxer chair.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Dark sight should not reset the endure timer, easy fix.

14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:59 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    all peoples say wk should add it for ht mana drain, unless u hybird not? o.o

15. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i've asked similar, tho not totally the same question in the past - if heroes have to wash to 3k+ mp to tank the mana drain for sed.

the answer i always get is - good to have, but don't worry coz thats not yr job. the bishop and sed mules will use will instead of heroes/pally most of time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    Sed targets can always help themselves more and shouldn’t solely rely on a Bishop to save them (such as using Hero’s Will to break walking into a 1/1 instead of eating it and being helpless). A good sed target can pull more weight than the Bishop in staying alive. 3030 MP is nice to have, but tanking a mana drain means you’re not eating a 1/1, which is the real lethal thing during sed (and can equally screw you out of being unable to Will), but 1/1 hit locations are telegraphed on the ground in HT and can be communicated to your Bishop if necessary (or again, just manually Willed on occasion).

Every Hero and Paladin should probably max MP Recovery. It’s helpful in sed situations, but the useful skills in 3rd job run out very quickly. It’s not a great skill, probably on the fringes of being just ok, but it does offer nice utility and makes it to where you can get by with less than 3030 MP.

17. OP
    OP
    ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Can just scale it adjust for the Master Level (since Warrior Endure is 1st job and Thief Endure is 2nd job), not a big deal.

18. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:59 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i mean about skill, all people say that is must to have

19. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    You can live without it, but it has an actual use where it can be useable, which can’t be said of something like Final Attack. Even Magic Crash does (after defense buff changes), since it also has a use in HT, but it is so much more niche and minor than what MP Recovery can bring (especially in situations where you use a Warrior seduce target). Must have is something like Stance.

20. OP
    OP
    ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious