1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

QOL Suggestion - Allow Items to Stack with Like-Items in Item Storage and FM Shops

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by twing1, Jun 10, 2022.

1. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    4:05 AM
    twing1
    Beginner
    I'm currently using my item storage to hold all of my different mineral and jewel ores. I got tired of the stacks taking up about half of my etc inventory, so I purchased the maximum number of upgrades for item storage spaces available in the cash shop for 48,000 vote cash so that I could store all of my stacks of ore in there.

What I didn't know is that each time I deposit some amount of ore, it creates a new stack in the item storage for that newly deposited amount of ore, even if a previous stack of ore is already sitting there in storage.

The Problem through Example:
    • I have a stack of 48 diamond ore in my item storage.
    • I have a stack of 4 diamond ore in my etc inventory.
    • When I deposit the stack of 4 diamond ore currently found in my etc inventory into my item storage, instead of depositing those 4 ores into the pre-existing stack of 48 diamond ore to create one stack of 52 diamond ore, it creates a whole new stack of 4 diamond ore in addition to the pre-existing stack of 48 diamond ore.
    • Even after pressing the "arrange" button in the item storage, both of these separate, incomplete stacks of diamond ore remain, untouched.
    This is super inconvenient, as every single time I run out of space in my item storage, its typically due to there being several different incomplete stacks of the exact same item. This requires me to then make available enough room in my etc inventory to temporarily hold all of the items in my item storage while I clean out the item storage, re-stack all the items using the function in my etc inventory, and then re-deposit all the newly stacked together items back into my item storage, for another 100 meso cost per stack. It's a headache and a half, and I'm sure that this is not working as intended, even if GMS had it this way.

I've noticed similar functionality with depositing items into FM shops, as well.

Example:
    • I'm selling a stack of Helmet for DEX Scroll 60% in my FM shop. There are currently 8 of these items in a single stack, listed for 2,899,999 meso each.
    • I enter maintenance on my store to list another Helmet for DEX scroll 60% that I found while training. When I list the item for the same price of the others (at 2,899,999 mesos), instead of adding the new scroll to the pre-existing stack, a new stack of the exact same item listed at the exact same price is created.
    I can understand that if I were to list the newly added Helmet for DEX Scroll 60% for a price that were different from the price the pre-existing stack of these items are being sold for, a different stack would need to be created. However, if I am listing the exact same item for the exact same price that the pre-existing stack of items is being sold for, I see no reason why the newly added item shouldn't just stack with the pre-existing one.

Suggestion:

When depositing stacks of items into item storage or FM shops, they should default to being deposited into pre-existing stacks of like-items, and only when those pre-existing stacks get filled up to the maximum stack capacity (of typically either 100 or 200 items) is when a new stack of that item type should be created.

Example:
    • I have a stack of 81 mithril ore in my item storage.
    • I have a stack of 15 mithril ore in my etc inventory.
    • When I go to deposit the stack of 15 mithril ore into my item storage, I am still charged the 100 meso deposit fee.
    • When the newly added stack of 15 mithril ore is deposited into my item storage, it is by default added to the pre-existing stack of 81 mithril ore. This results in a single stack of 96 mithril ore, now residing in my item storage.
    • I go out hunting monsters again and accumulate another stack of 5 mithril ore in my etc inventory.
    • When I go to deposit this stack of 5 mithril ore into my item storage, I am still charged the 100 meso deposit fee.
    • When the newly deposited stack of 5 mithril ore is added into my item storage, 4 of the newly deposited mithril ore are by default added to the pre-existing stack of 96 mithril ore to create a maximum capacity stack of 100 mithril ore. After this stack hits the maximum capacity of 100 mithril ore, any amount of leftover mithril ore from the deposit amount (in this case 1 mithril ore) is added to a brand new overflow stack of mithril ore in my item storage.
    • If there is not enough space in the item storage to create an overflow stack of mithril ore, I get an error message saying that the items I have tried depositing cannot be deposited because of lack of item storage space.
    • At the very very bare minimum, using the "arrange" button in the item storage should merge incomplete stacks of like-items into the same singular stack, unless merging those incomplete stacks of items would exceed the maximum stack capacity. In these cases, the two or three or however many original stacks of items should be merged into as many complete stacks as required and one overflow stack for the number of items that exceed the maximum stack capacity amount.
    A similar solution should be implemented for listing like-items for the same price in FM stores.

Example:
    • I have a stack of 90 mithril ore listed in my FM shop for 100 meso each.
    • I have a stack of 12 mithril ore in my etc inventory.
    • When I go to list the stack of 12 mithril ore for 100 meso each in my FM shop, it is by default added to the pre-existing stack of 90 mithril ore, and only after the maximum stack capacity of 100 mithril ore is reached on this original pre-existing stack of mithril ore, any left over amount of mithril ore (in this case 2 mithril ore) is added to a new, overflow stack of mithril ore also listed for 100 mesos each.
    • If there is not enough space in the FM shop to create an overflow stack of mithril ore, I get an error message saying that the items I have tried listing cannot be listed because of a lack of FM store space.
    • If I were to instead list the the 12 mithril ore I have in my etc inventory for the price of 1,000 mesos each (or any other price that is not the exact same price the pre-existing stack of 90 mithril ore is listed for), the stack of 12 mithril ore would not be added to the pre-existing stack of 90 mithril ore listed for 100 meso each, and would instead create a new stack of 12 mithril ore listed for 1,000 meso each.
    I am not aware of how much back-end development would be required to make these changes happen, but it seems like it should be fairly easy as the functionality already exists in trades between players, buying items from stores, and picking up items from the floor.

If it is within the realm of possibility to implement these changes, it would be a huge quality of life improvement, especially for those who are struggling with inventory management.

Thank you for the consideration of these suggestions.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    7:05 AM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    I always thought this was the purpose of the organize button in storage and that it just hadn't yet been implemented.

3. OP
    OP
    twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    I hope that this is the case, and they actually are working on it. It seems like an oversight to leave such a basic functionality of the game in such a miserable state, especially when the desired functionality already exists in the game and could be (seemingly) easily incorporated into item storage and FM shops.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    7:05 AM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Priorities :shrug: I'm sure staff has theirs in order but FWIW I'm told these are some real irritating packets to get sorted

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:05 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Big case of effort vs reward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    I know a lot of people on this server don't see the value of this suggestion because people have storage mule characters which make the storage system completely obsolete, but for those who don't multi-client this is a huge QOL improvement. If this change were to be implemented, it would practically boost the character's inventory space by a potential of 48 slots (at max improvements). In it's current state, it is clunky to use at best and requires meticulous inventory management to use effectively. Furthermore, it feels like a dupe having spent 48k NX on it only to find out that the functionality is not working as intended. That is a waste of 9 days of vote cash.

Highly doubt this change will end up being implemented because this server caters hard to multi-clienters, but figured I would post it anyway because the single-client experience needs improvements too.