1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Setup Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by scharkeyy, Jun 17, 2022.

1. scharkeyy

scharkeyy Red Snail

Feb 2, 2021
    Male
    12:55 PM
    Scharkeyy
    Assassin
    Hello, when installing ML from the main source, as well as Mirror I I'm met with the same error screen when the installation completes. I've attached a photo of the error I'm met with.
    I've completely uninstalled and removed everything to the best of my knowledge in an attempt to get everything fresh but I appear to still be running into issues.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I was much so very looking forward to returning to the game.

ML Setup Issue.PNG

2. DzenowaRAVE

DzenowaRAVE Mano

Jun 1, 2022
    US
    DzenowaPLUIR
    Cleric
    Rainbow
    Are you using an antivirus? MapleLegends shows up as a trojan and unless you add it as an exception it won't work, if you want to risk that or not. Linux players cannot even play rn and I am wondering if this is somehow connected.

So I can login to an account I made under VM, but that same account says I am blocked if I try to run it on Linux. Linux cannot run trojans or viruses, I am beginning to think the client might be infected with ransomware or a crypto miner.

3. OP
    OP
    scharkeyy

scharkeyy Red Snail

Feb 2, 2021
    Male
    Scharkeyy
    Assassin
    I don't know if my Windows security thing is blocking it or not, or how to add it as an exception if it's an issue.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:55 PM
    Moderator Post
    It's definitely your anti virus. Not Windows Firewall, but something you got installed with aware or no aware.

5. OP
    OP
    scharkeyy

scharkeyy Red Snail

Feb 2, 2021
    Male
    Scharkeyy
    Assassin
    Ah okay. How can I go about getting around it? I don't remember what I did before to be able to play when I first started.

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Find the said anti virus you got installed somewhere and create an exception to the ML folder and MapleLegends.exe. Once you did that re-install the game.

7. OP
    OP
    scharkeyy

scharkeyy Red Snail

Feb 2, 2021
    Male
    Scharkeyy
    Assassin
    Well I know I don't have any 3rd party virus protection like McAfee, Norton, etc. Everything that pops up for me when trying to run the game is Windows threat protection related pop-ups.

8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We had many times people thought they had nothing installed but ended up have one. We are officially whitelisted by microsoft. Please check your add and remove programs and see if something is there.

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Apparently out of nowhere Defender is flagging our file again actually. This is completely new and didn't happen before, so I am looking into it now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    scharkeyy

scharkeyy Red Snail

Feb 2, 2021
    Male
    Scharkeyy
    Assassin
    I turned off my firewall and disabled Windows Defender and I'm playing now. I appreciate the effort!

11. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    9:55 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Apologies for bumping a 7 month old post but for the forumers that might find themselves in this situation and are looking for clarifications to be sure that it's not Windows Defender blocking the client for them, to get a staff member confirm it again to be accurate.

Since there wasn't really a reply if this was resolved or not, the client is back to being whitelisted again by Microsoft Windows Defender right?

It's kind of interesting that it still randomly flags the client

https://discord.com/channels/969341430596239420/969387329993191504/1057611186335666186