1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Thought on Dark Knight's Survivability

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by XiannvTeng02, Jun 17, 2022.

1. XiannvTeng02

XiannvTeng02 Red Snail

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    2:43 AM
    Beginner
    Hello all. I know DK is a lost cause, but here is an idea on how to improve its survivability (in case anyone cares haha) due to its Max HP is capped at 16.5k by Berserk.

[Below is just an example - please don't focus too much on the specifications. Also I've searched forums to see if similar suggestions was made before. But in case I missed, forgive me please considering we all love DK (or not).]

Replace effect of the skill "Aura of the Beholder" with below:
    When Beholder is summoned, each successful attack grants DK a damage-absorb aura which lasts for 4 seconds and can stack 3 times. Each stack of aura absorbs 4.5k damage (13.5k with max stack), and costs 10% of total MP when one stack is granted.

~~~~~~~ Some explanations
    Why replace "Aura of the Beholder":
    I assume this skill is intended to increase survivability since it recovers HP. However, 500 HP every 4 seconds doesn't seem to be helpful in combat, especially in boss fights. So why not improve it to do what it is supposed to do - keeping DK alive.

"each successful attack":
    Attack that deals damage to mobs/bosses (miss, DR, weapon cancel don't count). I haven't thought much about whether Crush/Fury/Roar on multiple enemies should grant 1 stack of damage-absorb aura or more stacks depending on the number of enemies. But one Crush on a single target should grant just one stack.

"lasts for 4 seconds and can stack 3 times":
    Hope you POGs can help with the specifications if you think this idea works. Tqq.

"13.5k with max stack":
    We Dks can finally have 30k "HP" when fighting yay.

"costs 10% of total MP":
    Seems fair to cost something when taking damage. (But where is the fairness when Sushi costs 3k ea when every other class gets to use the juicy NLC pots haha.)

Well thanks for reading this. Happy MLing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    8:43 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I feel like people underestimate how incredibly limited the v62 client is and how custom stuff like this would be to implement.

3. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    3:43 PM
    Maplers who enjoy berserk main DK.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    12:28 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    People who enjoy berserk main Corsairs.

FTFY :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. zswitch

zswitch Slime

Jun 2, 2021
    Male
    8:43 AM
    zswitch
    Dark Knight
    Can't agree more, make DKs great again, dalao

6. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    11:43 PM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    As said earlier, this is likely too custom to actually add. However, if you were to simplify the effect to just 3 stacks of 15% dmg reduction it might be a little easier to implement and less OP when it comes to weaker monsters who probably aren’t dealing 13k anyway. Even then I don’t think there is really any “stacking” buff in Maple nor any on-hit buff effects so it still might be too hard to implement for just this one skill. The most simple thing I could imagine is that you could make a buff that just gives the 45% dmg reduction but reduces your MP by 10% every time you are hit.

in the first place, is this even necessary? There are probably less convoluted ways of buffing eye of beholder and DK survivability if that’s what you want.