1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved (Windows) New Trojan Threat ?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by SaltySalty, Jun 19, 2022.

1. SaltySalty

SaltySalty Mano

Jun 7, 2021
    6:56 AM
    Warrior
    upload_2022-6-20_1-32-47.png

Not sure if anyone has had this threat before, but I started having this randomly and all my clients would crash when it gets quarantined. Should I allow this trojan?

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:56 AM
    Moderator Post
    Did you got the June installer?

3. OP
    OP
    SaltySalty

SaltySalty Mano

Jun 7, 2021
    Warrior
    Yes i did. I was using the link you posted recently in announcements although the installer was named as the 17July version?

4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I just re-scanned the latest .exe and it's not detected yet. Make sure you did use the newest one and not the old one because that one is now detected by Microsoft. If you did all that and it's indeed detected can you post a properties window of your MapleLegends.exe with the detection seen?

5. OP
    OP
    SaltySalty

SaltySalty Mano

Jun 7, 2021
    Warrior
    As requested, i downloaded the installer again but using the mirror version this time. I installed it by running the installer as an admin. Then I seem to get a new malware along with this message when I try to open legends. If I try to open the properties, my windows file manager just crashes on me :")

upload_2022-6-20_20-6-37.png

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Can you restart your PC? The game throwing an error means it's opening fine but you are having an error that either gets fixed by spam opening the client or more easily restarting your PC.

7. OP
    OP
    SaltySalty

SaltySalty Mano

Jun 7, 2021
    Warrior
    ok so should i allow the threat i see on defender? Because i get spammed with the notification of detection or the threat shown above.

8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Can you click on it and see if it's actually the new client being detected and not the old one? I am not getting any complaints, so I am still thinking its your old .exe that is being flagged and not the new one. If it was the new one the client would not boot at all.

9. OP
    OP
    SaltySalty

SaltySalty Mano

Jun 7, 2021
    Warrior
    Ok maybe I goofed, but all the previous versions i have downloaded I have simply just been deleting the files... Is that what is causing this? Because my windows still does point to this client. But it seems like the spam has stopped so I think its ok now. Thanks for the help!