1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

PQ Unlimited MAX lvl -with- Penalties???

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SPaRky no.37, Jun 22, 2022.

1. SPaRky no.37

SPaRky no.37 Slime

Jan 23, 2021
    Male
    Sydney
    12:35 PM
    Assassin
    What if PQ's have NO Max level limit? They still have to be at certain level to access quest BUT afterwards they can do PQ as many times as they want?

That way:
    Parties can be filled up better!
    Players can get UNIQUE PQ ITEMS found only in that PQ

!!However doing this makes it hard because Overleved Players can One-Shot bosses!!

Maybe a -NERF- debuff to OVER-MAX-Level Players so they are weaker?
    [Debuff = PlayerLevel - MaxLevel]
    It might be hard to code...
    OR
    PQ Monsters take a certain amount of MAX-damage that only a MAX-Level player can make.
    lvl 10 --- 50 dg
    lvl 199 --- 60dg
    OR
    PQ Monsters HP is different. 5 hits to drop, instead of 5000hp.

Just something to help PQ be accessible to old-schoolers like me
    Remembering the good days!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    11:35 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
  3. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    11:35 PM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Maybe locking skills you didn't supposed to have, like lock 2,3 and 4 job skills from KPQ, 3 and 4 job for LPQ etc.
    Seems to hard to make something like that (because the damage range needs to be changed too), and probably it'll never come to live, but it is a fun thing to think
    Staff already have some plans on mind for this year to PQ's, it's better to just wait and hope something good.
    Personally i don't like that idea, too custom and people want to flex their job on PQ's

• Like Like x 2
  4. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    7:35 PM
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    Limiting Jobs/Skills that are useable in the PQ is probably too custom or having X amount of hits kill mobs also seems "eh". So instead how about just put on a "debuff" on higher level players that lasts the duration of the PQ.

The Debuff takes AWAY weapon / magic attack / and other stats. <- I see a lot of issues with this personally so I'll suggest more.

OR

Only allow players to wear PQ Level Appropriate gear. For example: If you're doing KPQ, your gear that your character is wearing can only be Level 1 - 30. <- How would we enforce this? is what I'm thinking as potential problems.

So if I'm a Night Lord (for example) , I will have to go to the Kerning Weapon/Armor store, and buy low level gear. (and scroll it if deemed necessary). Of course they keep their STR DEX INT and LUK stats. So that might still be an issue.

OR

Another suggestion I have is to have the NPC of the Party Quest hand out "custom gear" that the higher level player [based on their overall Job (4th...3rd...2nd...)] has to wear for the duration of the PQ. This gear SHOULD expire after.. let's say an hour or so. I'm thinking this custom gear should try it's best to limit players damage for the duration of the PQ even with their 2nd/3rd/4th job skills. Although This is probably very tedious for Dev's and players alike. (Again not sure how to enforce/force higher level players to actually wear this gear/prevent them from de-equiping it mid-PQ)

Other than that... Jump quest Skill restrictions but tweaked?

You know how in some maps (JQs), certain skills are not allowed? I was wondering if that could also be applied to the PQ maps. So for KPQ (again as an example), Only 1st and 2nd job skills are allowed.

"Only Teleporting Skills are Allowed in this Map"/"Skills are not allowed in this map" kind of vibes but it will be:

"Only 1st and 2nd Job Skills are allowed for Kerning Party Quest"

That's all I got tho. Maybe if we mix match and tweak some of the suggestions, we can figure out something. Or just wait! I'm sure things will get better soon for PQers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    4:35 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    There's no workable solution to bringing your overleveled character into PQs. You either have to make too many custom changes or you "break" the PQ by being too strong or having skills you shouldn't have yet.

If you want to experience the PQs you can make another character for it (PQ mule) and if you want to obtain the PQ rewards on you higher leveled characters you could make the rewards tradeable within account (see WS/CS right now).

• Agree Agree x 5