1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Area bosses limited entry mini dungeons (Anego/Samurai/BF/

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Toon, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:01 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    No, their alt holds mapowner and thus you can't do anything. It doesn't matter whether it's their alt or their main, because their alt isn't going to report their main for KSing MapleF3

2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    So if you post your character in a map without killing a boss you can just hold it forever?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    If you hold mapowner forever, yes.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    4:01 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Anego (75m HP) and samurai (78m HP) are bad exp before 135 anyways. I assume the average level 125 attacker does like 2m DPM so you’re looking at around 20 mins duo to split roughly 7.5m-8m exp if you don’t have HS. Bigfoot (32m HP) might be decent now that they nuked the iframes and made it into a ranged dummy boss. Pianus and crow have similar HP to Bigfoot but they can hit pretty high damage so I don’t think the average under 135 ranged attacker can survive consistently enough to benefit them. In the end we have a majority of these bosses being worse exp and meso (if there’s no drops included) than grinding and Bigfoot being a possible benefit but only because staff removed the one semi difficult thing about it.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    4:01 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    bump on this.

if exp is really as op as what others feels, just half it, or limit it to one entry a day, or both together coz why not. the exp balancing can always be done later.

but having such content will better encourage more party plays with friends and guildmates, giving more social options to do.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    11:01 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    so there was a conversation in a different thread, which I believe can add to this conversation.
    so I will add some messages which I believe had good stuff to say:
    DoguuDoguu had a nice idea and point of few of some one casual:
    after I suggested to add a force spawn system at least for quest mobs @Soblet had a good criticism
    then the conversation deviated to thoughts about this thread and hear is what I think
    @Cak33 had this to response to me
    and here are my last 2 cents on this topic
    sorry for the long read, but I think it will add to the conversation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    There are scrolls too, which makes it a difficult issue imo. Lowering the drop rates of high valued items may work out, but if this idea will be implemented, there will be ALOT more people going for these bosses, as it is pretty much opened up for public. Won't be surprised to see if some people starts to go for Black Crow 4 or 6 times daily on different characters.

I'm probably being stubborn here but, I would much prefer to take the slow approach, and ensure that this implementation do not affect the current economy before we add in the high-valued items (YSS, ST, scrolls), before someone else shoots down the idea, claiming that its too OP, and take everything away, leaving us with nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    1:01 PM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I think the problem with taking out YSS/ST etc is that they add a lot of nostalgia factor, and are what those mini-bosses are most famous for. You could also just go the pap/rav/boss/toad route with etc summon and just massively nerf the drop rate for those.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    bump on this.

ik there's event & sweeper mules complains going on, but would be great to know if staffs have this in their to-think-about-list

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    11:01 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    with my luk probably not :(:(

11. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    There is something similar in MapleStory: the Silent Crusade portals. It has zone bosses and some unique bosses for the questline. There is a limit to how many times you can enter to them on a day but not a boss limit so if you want to use all the tries to kill a single boss you can do it. The boss doesn't count as the real one if you are doing a quest and drops nothing (still not an issue since all map bosses have a 5 minutes respawn timer). It could be possible to add this portal NPC on the map of the boss to enter to kill that boss, ofc limits are up to the GMs.
    Edit: My bad the bosses do drop the card for the monster collection.

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Just read the last page of this thread and I might have missed this on the last time.

In a way I think its similar to rav and pap where 120+ will always be carried by a probably 140+ melee who is capable of pinning the bosses.

I don't think anyone in the right mind will try to solo rav or bigfoot below level 130 unless u are super well-funded and can hit 10k lines or u are either a pally or shad who wouldnt mind pressing that one button for 25-30min on that one small boss

13. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    bump on this again

14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
  15. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    5:01 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    It`s been a long time i suggested this. Back then, there were more players hunting for those bosses and less economy problems for staff to deal with. In this sense, i wouldn`t support it nowadays as staff time should be invested in ntpt 2 finalization, fixing the economy and removing safe spots for multimages. Maybe this could be rediscussed when shadower/hero and dk get a worthy spot in this game again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. SharpestEdge

SharpestEdge Slime

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    1:01 PM
    SharpestEdge, Celaeno, Adrastos
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    The proposal is that the dungeon version of these bosses would not drop any items.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    5:01 PM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Including anego on Showa run should be nice, right now she's a useless boss, because we only have 8 ch and one player with 8 characters can hold all channels all the day.
    Maybe making random timer respawn can change this situation too:
    Anego respawn is 8 hours
    can respawn between 5,6 hours and 10,4 hours (30% margin)
    b..but yys...
    just nerf the droprate if a +2 int shoes is that op :shifty:

• Creative Creative x 1