1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion for fix multimage

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by flow, Jun 26, 2022.

1. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    7:26 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Hi!
    Lately i was thinking in ways to fix multimage without nerf till death the maps (or mages) what i believe isn't a good way to do it, that is my suggestions:

Shuffle the respawn from these maps, using the same mechanic used in Orbis:Strolling Path
    upload_2022-6-25_20-7-13.png

upload_2022-6-25_20-17-17.png
    upload_2022-6-25_20-17-27.png

Turn then in different ID's, change respawn time from one of then, mages who can clear the entire map is going to be hurt, while normal attackers still fine.

Maps suggested:
    Leafre:The Burning Forest
    Malaysia: Fantasy Theme Park 3
    Temple of time maps + removal of safe spots, but increase droprate of these maps, its a potential farm map for attackers
    Ninto

10 Min respawn is too long, values should be lower in my oppinion, like 1 minute 20~25 seconds?

EDIT:
    Respawns should'nt match, the respawn timer doesnt need to be very long, 50% of the map respawning in 15 seconds make every mage need to cast twice instead of only reducing their mob kill per minute, reducing the time to loot the map with a sweeper, even harder to make it, seems a good choice a removal of scroll drop from these maps too.
    Mob count or exp can be increased (in special ToT questline exp) for compensation.

At least removing the scroll drops from these places to make people avoiding it don't look a hard thing to do, like the phantom watch removal i hope these broken maps receive a change in a short period of time instead of years like tot safe spots

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    7:26 PM
    Make every map respawns 2 and no more than 5% mobs every second. Don't respawn all at the same time.

But, clever maplers always find ways to optimize their output.

3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:26 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This would have the side effect of hurting party play at these maps. Party play accomplishes something similar to what multimage does - a large part of the map gets cleared by 2 or more people training on the same map.

It would make solo play at these maps better in comparison, however.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I'd imagine 1 minute is probably still overkill for achieving the effect that you'd want. A global 20 second respawn time for all mobs at ToT would already decimate all but octomage setups, which probably would not be worth doing anymore, while still likely allowing for up to two players to use the map normally. Could do something similar for ulu1 and other maps with the different IDs concept.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    That's true, but even these maps being "small" (ToT exception) i can't see 3rd job maplers cleaning everything before the respawn wave, these maps are very vertical making their life hard (ropes too op) but you're right, unfortunately a party with more people can get nerfed on these maps, but we can "avoid" these situation with maps more suitable to big parties, on a simmilar level, like Unbalanced Time , Forbidden Time , Lost Time

6. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    bumping for edit feedback, multimage still a problem

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    How is multimaging still a problem?
    The meso sink has grown with the NLC pot increase. The mesos need to be generated from somewhere.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I believe we implemented something similar to this suggestion as per the previous balance changes thread:
    • Spawn system changes: 15% ~ 20% of the mobs in a map will now respawn on a 30 second timer, instead of the usual 10 seconds for the following maps:
      • « Memory Lane 1 to 5 »
      • « Road of Regrets 1 to 5 »
      • « Road to Oblivion 1 to 3 »
      • « Ulu Estate 1 »
      • « Fantasy Theme Park 3 »
      • « Longest Ride on ByeBye Station »
      • « Deep Ludibrium: Twisted Time »
      • « Deep Ludibrium: Unbalanced Time »
    Is this different from what you were suggesting? Maybe the changes weren't big enough?

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    That's exactly what i meant when i made the post, but in practice doesnt seem to change it too much, as a multimager i almost can't feel any nerf with the actual numbers, now i was suggesting changing the new respawn timer from some of then to 25~55 seconds, making the respawn irregular but seems like there's a client limitation to this unfortunately