1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ainz Progresses a Poor Ranged Attacker

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Ainz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    4:25 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Beene

Beene Slime

Sep 8, 2017
    Male
    Buccaneer
    ratio + get on nerd were running ravana

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    9:25 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Day 29: Busy day, not much progress, gear showcase!

Hiya! Today's entry unfortunately won't contain any major progress because I had stuff to do irl. Figured this would be a good time to 'showcase' any gears that hadn't been shown in previous entries so that my current upgrade goals are placed into a better context.

Mage/washing stuff:
    [​IMG]
    Clearly some of these warrant more 'pride' than others. Overall, I'm pretty content with where I'm at. The 11 int sword is absolutely my pride and joy.

NL stuff:
    [​IMG]
    My NL gear is honestly mediocre at best. Given the fact that I don't exactly main this char, I don't consider this an issue or priority until I would hypothetically have 'a spare bil laying around'.

'Generic Attacker' stuff:

[​IMG]
    Clearly I have been incredibly fortunate to receive some of FeeedFeeed 's lovely gears. I'm more than grateful. (Feeed, if you're reading this, ily and I hope to one day be able to return these gears to their rightful owner)
    Aside from the specs, the upgrades relevant to my own gear were fairly minimal. Addtionally, in the current day and age, gear-sharing seems to be one of the main driving factors behind dpm-circlejerks, so I don't really consider me profiting from a friendship shameful.

Summing it all up, I think I could currently place myself in a low to mid range in terms of total gear value. A rough estimate would probably put this (and my Shad/DK's gear that I won't bother screenshotting) between 2.5-3b. This may be optimistic though, so please don't shoot me down for this guesstimate.

Aside from the gear overview, I briefly logged on today to do my daily ravs with BeeneBeene and I was very pleased to see we're both making notably jumps in our dpm (I went from 1.5m dpm to 2.1m dpm, Beenieboy made comparable improvements)

As always, thank you all for reading. I thoroughly enjoyed the small 'discussion' that ensued from my previous entry and I would really like to encourage any shy readers to pose any questions they might come up with. Interacting with people is the main reason I made this journal!

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 30: Small steps, trying new things, still figuring out what would be a comfy daily routine.

Hello again!

Started off the day with a small grind/selfleech. Got the hero-to-be to 106 and even leveled on the I/L as well!
    Opened gach, got a polearm 30 (and absolutely nothing else, still on a very long cursed gach streak), realised I still had a 97 att clean purple surfboard, figured I'd 30 it. Passed. Bought 2 more 30s, both passed. Left me with this beauty:
    [​IMG]
    But then I got greedy, failed 3 in a row without booming and then boomed on last slot. Whoops.

Did my daily 2 ravs, got scammed, 0 coins. Runs are still hovering around 10 mins each and I don't expect this to change anytime soon. NL won't be going through any major gear upgrades and it's not leveling particularly fast from just daily ravs.
    Question for readers: Any fun suggestions for (sologrinding) a NL at lvl 130? I tried ToT but it's like 5m eph. Also did a fair bit of BF/HH hunting, could still dip my toes into Anego hunting but keeping the maps/timers is honestly more timeconsuming than I'd like.

I also felt like trying to find a more interesting daily routine for my I/L. I did Latanica twice and I'll probably keep doing that occasionally for coins (though I heard the rates are abysmal)
    Additionally, I tried soloing Ravana on my I/L (with bishop present as HS mule) A run takes me about 15-16 minutes (37k Chain Lightning on average) Not the worst, not the best. Will probably do it occasionally when bored.

All in all, I'm having a pretty good time doing ~1 hour of I/L grinding + ravs. Hero is slowly approaching 4th job, meso stack is very slowly growing as I'm selling off the last stuff I had stocked up.

Char updates:
    [​IMG]
    (Wearing some random gear, don't mind the range)

[​IMG]
    Chilling near the dumpster like the trash that I am.

Future plans:
    - Get prequests for HTP done so I can hop on and buy a HTP when a good opportunity arises.
    - Keep leveling I/L and hero-to-be.

Thanks for reading!

PS: [​IMG][​IMG]
    PPS: Small spoiler for NugZehNugZeh's POTENTIAL NEW JOURNAL UPDATE??????
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 31: Kinda busy, kinda distracted, bit of everything.

Ok I didn't really do anything important today. Briefly leeched my hero-to-be. Gained a level so the homie is currently 107!

Aside from this, I felt like seeing if I could figure out any NL sologrinding spots (Credits to HiyoHiyo for not letting me give up on the class)

NL sologrind DPM tests: (No SE, no MW, no HS, ciders)
    [​IMG] This map.
    [​IMG] This map.
    [​IMG] This map.
    [​IMG] This map.
    Then I figured I might as well bring some buffs around to see if I could make 1-2F better. Had expected a larger increase, I guess the bishop being 15x is leeching more exp than expected.
    [​IMG]
    (With self-HS + mw10 + bishop in map)

Future plans:
    - Do JC prequests on NL for juicy exp
    - Continue getting 1-2 levels a day on hero
    - Consider leveling SE mule (?)
    - Do some sologrind eph tests on I/L, perhaps 5-6F solo is an idea

• Like Like x 3
  6. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Tfw you spend 100m to interact with Ainz and don't get in the journal. OnionGloomy

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 32: Short entry, did random stuff

Finally kinda fixed my gach dry streak:
    [​IMG]

Leveled on the NLboi
    [​IMG]

My specs weren't selling, figured I'd slam them with a 30 to see if I could get dex on there to make them worth CSing again:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Feelsbad

Did some more scrolling:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Feelsbad

Figured I would try out some card hunting on Hurricainz, my (absolutely hopeless) Level-10-Tier-10 project. Only did a brief session because it was late, but it feels good. Nice change of scenery when I don't feel like ulu3 or 1-2F on NL.
    Sentinel - 16th floor: 9 minutes + 800nx + 1 gach
    Ice Sentinel - 13th floor: 4 minutes + 250nx
    Fire Sentinel - 11th floor: 6 minutes + 250nx
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  8. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    wot da....
    when did you become a mathematician?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Oh Ainzy *blush*

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 33: Still very busy, small cardhunt + upgrade!

Very busy IRL until the day after tomorrow, but managed to squeeze about an hour of gametime in.

[​IMG]
    First upgrade for the I/L made! Figured I would go for the lower end of 170-175 tma, since it would leave me with a decent chunk of money to buy other upgrades. Definitely going to save a fair bit of meso for HTP, the rest will likely be put towards a 20tma cape.
    Hopefully I'll also have some money left over to spend on the hero, but we'll see when we get there!

Aside from that, I completed a couple more sets on my Level-10-Tier-10 project :')
    Didn't log how long each set took me, still happy I got some progress in.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 34: Wow wa wee wa, got a lot done today.

Hello everyone!
    To compensate for my last (relatively tame) journal entry, here's quite a significant one!

This stuff was kinda spread out across two days, but the vast majority was done today. I don't want to know how many hours I spent on Maple today, but it was a fun day.

- Daily ravs w/ Hiyo on my I/L
    - Daily ravs w/ Beene on my NL
    - JC Preq on I/L
    - Leveled up on the I/L, we're 50% away from 150!
    - Had some time to kill, farmed 4 days worth of Rav etcs.
    - Went to do Krex preq, figured I might as well try getting the Lantern from Latanica:
    [​IMG]
    No Lantern, a pouch though? Wonder what it contains..
    [​IMG]
    - Finished Krex preq (still had a Lantern on my mule)
    - Finished Ifrit quest (dear lord, that took me a minute)
    [​IMG]
    - Was getting my certificates ready because I wanted to buy a HTP today. Got carried through Papulatus by HiyoHiyo the best bm in the server.
    - Solo'd Pianus (forgot to screenshot, died twice, ty charms, +2% chaching, got my certificate!)
    - Solo'd Pianus again to help a guildie get certificates:
    [​IMG] Poverty Fish? ((Guildie cut off from picture because I'm too lazy to log in and ask for permission))
    - Realised (just in time) that I hadn't actually completed Zak Prequests on this char, despite it being like 6 years old..
    [​IMG]
    -Actually did Zak Prequest
    [​IMG]
    - Bought a quick zak cert run because I wasn't sure if I could actually participate on a guild/friend run in time for my HTP run.
    - Got my HTP! Rolled 6/6/7/8 on my first pendant, 6/6/6/8 on my second pendant, 7/7/7/7 on my third pendant...
    [​IMG]
    All in all, still a good upgrade over my MoN.
    - Also, very happy to present my latest upgrade:
    [​IMG]
    - Additionally, did some very short card hunting to get my mage started, that Monsterbook HP is gonna come in pretty clutch if I ever want to do bossing on my I/L.
    Before: [​IMG]
    After: [​IMG]

And lastly, an update on my mage:
    [​IMG]
    Finally broke 1200 tma as a result of getting HTP, cape and leveling up!
    I don't think I'll have any notable gear upgrades coming up in the near future, so breaking 1233tma will probably happen in 6 levels! 155 here we come~

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 35: Hene-hoe time (its not a phase, mom)

Seeing how I have my last exam coming up (that will determine whether or not I graduate), I'll be limiting myself to essentially no Mapling for the coming days.
    I did finally cave in to HiyoHiyo 's consistent pressure to make my character look somewhat more aesthetically pleasing than...well...whatever this was:
    [​IMG]

Fun-fact: While I was going through the process of pretty-fying my character, I had the absolute scare of a lifetime because I had forgotten what face my beautiful boy had:
    Click here to be scared. (Why I can't embed this is beyond me)

So anyways, I'll be spending my time mostly afking in FM, shamelessly begging for fames. Upon reaching 200 fames (hypothetically speaking) I will absolutely be changing the sign to 'Road to 300 fames'
    [​IMG]

Goodbye everyone, I hope you all have blessed RNG!

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Turn on defames.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. NugZeh

NugZeh Slimy Retired Staff

May 6, 2017
    Male
    UK
    8:25 AM

wow this is my fav journal post so far! keep it up ainz

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 36: So much to do, so little time.

Heya! Only gonna be a brief update from me today.

Solo'd me a rav!
    [​IMG]

Not very fast, though...
    [​IMG]

SWEET
    [​IMG]

Saw this funny message on my phone:
    [​IMG]
    Clicked to react on it, looked up:
    (This is why I said "Solo'd me a rav" and not "Solo'd me 2 ravs")
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WOOOOO THE BIG 150!

Think my daily approach for the coming week is just gonna be 1 or 2 daily ravs a day (depending on if i react to more funny messages and die), supplemented with 1-2F grinding for ~30-60 mins and hopefully find me a trio to occasionally JC with :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    have you tried resetting your disgusting 5 STR, 5 DEX, and 6 LUK pepega

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 37: Nothing eventful today

Solo'd my ravs (and survived both, like the god I am)
    No pouches today, but clear times did get a little bit faster.
    Run 1: 45:25 remaining
    Run 2: 45:54 remaining
    I think this was mostly due to me entirely forgetting to use Ifrit yesterday (resulting in runs with ~44 minutes remaining).
    The difference between run 1 and run 2 here was probably caused by me staying closer to rav, still need to remind myself Ifrit does not have the same gigantic range as Chain Lightning.

Did get a quick dpm12 in rav. This is, of course, inflated due to the summons, but I think I can just use it as a metric for whether or not I'm improving.
    FeeedFeeed yes I washed out my str/dex/luk, thanks for the suggestion :')
    [​IMG]

And then I finally started washing. I definitely don't have enough NX to keep up a significant amount of washing, but any improvements will be well-needed for when I eventually want to run NT.
    Before washing:
    [​IMG]
    After washing:
    [​IMG]
    (Gaining ~120 hp cost me ~70k nx)
    Pretty solid gains! I hope to eventually end up somewhere around 4.5k.

Slapping my wand 7 back on:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]And got a small taste of TMA with echo
    Final update of today:
    [​IMG]
    Only 20 more tma to hit the threshold for 1hit petri with echo! I still have plans to buy a 4int YSS at some point, so perhaps that'll happen before I hit 154 and speed it up slightly more.
    Will probably do another gear overview in an upcoming journal entry so I can review what would be a next reasonable upgrade, seeing how petri 1hit without echo still seems fairly far away.

As always, thanks for reading! If you're doing any (sc)rolling today:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    Love ur journal its awesomely varied not stupidly
    OnionGirlLove

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:25 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    is worth for you got a green sock for now?

20. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I think it could be worth! They're definitely not very expensive, and having the upgrade until right around october would give me some extra time to save up for a YSS. I'll consider it, ty for the heads up!

Day 38: Doing my daily duties!

30-45 mins of 1-2F solo:
    [​IMG]
    Monkey looking very content with itself.

Did my ravs:
    Run 1: 45:54 remaining
    Run 2: 45:38 remaining (would've been 45:45 but canceled with 1hp)
    [​IMG]
    Stonks, solo runs might be very slow and boring, but the meso so far has been pretty chill.

And finally, here's where we left off:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1