1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making low-level bow/gun/claw usable for Islander/Beginner

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Spectree, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Spectree

Spectree Horny Mushroom

Jun 14, 2022
    6:45 PM
    In maple island, there are strumps that can drop bows and guns, and pigs that can drop claws. It will be of great fun if islanders/beginners can use them.

And it is also reasonable that islanders/beginners can learn by themselves the usage of those weapons, LOL.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    7:45 PM
    Fork from anniversary event is claw for all classes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    6:45 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Two all job claws already exist Legends & personally against changing anything with the lvl 10/15 weapons you proposed. I don't believe the claw subclass oddjobs are viable enough to warrant making it accessible year round. Its something to look forward to if you missed out, play it for a bit, & onto the next project. It should remain niche (imo).

Here before the verbal beating.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    3:45 AM
    I disagree because the claw that throws arrows was the coolest thing ever and the only oddjob that appeals to me, should be available to get every Christmas and be untradable. But it would probably make islanding way easier. Also make my permabeginner more fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:45 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Correct me if I am wrong as I am not a beginner or anything but isn't the appeal of playing a permabeginner that it's extremely niche and with limited options?

It doesn't actually sound very reasonable if you get to learn how to use these weapons without becoming the job attached to it. I know there's some all class stuff going around so there's still some options and while limited, they are things you can look forward to at times

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    I doubt this will change the biginner meta since the 100+ beginners use a Crimson Arcglaive plus the claw uses luk stat. It would probably just be another flavor of beginner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:45 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    This is still the everlasting concept of islanders choosing to limit themselves to a specific playstyle and then being unsatisfied about said playstyle :')

I'm aware it's currently 'unfair' because there are islanders that have smuggled items or got stuff from events, but that's the case everywhere and in every game. Being present at events gets you stuff. Just wait for the next event and I'm sure you'll be able to make your luklander/clawlander/whateverlander

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    6:45 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I agree that it should be available year round, niche was in reference to it being event limited rather than customize the current low level claw/bows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    8:45 PM
    Dragon Knight
    Islanders are not a monolith and not all players share completely identical motivations for playing one. Im not endorsing aforementioned opinion but it's not a contradiction when some islanders vocalise their interest in additional or increased access to alternate gear.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Fork and mittens would be very cool…every holiday

Although its by event only… and sometimes the holiday it’s supposed to be in didnt have it for the event that year.

• Agree Agree x 2