1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Party Quest - Player Detector?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SPaRky no.37, Jun 29, 2022.

Tags:
  1. SPaRky no.37

SPaRky no.37 Slime

Jan 23, 2021
    Male
    Sydney
    2:23 PM
    Assassin
    An app that shows the number of ACTIVE players waiting in the PQ lobby.

Those that has moved around once every 10mins.
    That way Players know if there are PPs waiting for PQ.

• Creative Creative x 5
  2. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    1:23 PM
    Create mules and place them to the PQ entrances and streaming on twitch.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    1:23 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    a sub disc channel?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:23 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Just use #recruitment for pqs

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    4:23 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    A better suggestion would probably be to add something custom ingame or perhaps off the top of my head to expand the /find feature when you're in pq maps to detect players in other channels. Although this may lead to privacy issues and a way easier method of tracking but it's 1:30am right now and i am jetlagged so my brain is not working that well.

Best thing to do is to just default to creating a secondary account for smegas and to just smega whenever you're looking for people to pq with.. although to be fair if users have @megaphone settings toggled off it defeats the purpose anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    12:23 AM
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    I'm sure you could do something like this but it wouldn't be easy and maybe ML wouldn't be happy about you doing it (I don't think there's an available API to access who is on what map, but there is a command gms can do to see how long someone has idled)

The way I theorize this would be implemented by a player would be with mules watching each map with hooks for packet reading that are definitely along the lines of hacking with good intention. And this is such an esoteric anti-socializing thing I doubt staff would want to implement it. It's practically akin to remote lobbying from modern mmos. I know it's sad to sit in pq lobby rooms at offtimes waiting for a party to come and go hoping they'll drop a player.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:23 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Just wait for pq buffs. At this point anyone who's waiting for pqs (without aiming for the PQ equips that are outclassed anyways) is just wasting their time.
    Obviously you're not going to find anyone, there's no reason whatsoever to PQ. (Unless you think it's fun to queue up with a party where 2 members don't speak English and the third is a full-int sin that just whips out his chair at the start of every stage and wishes you good luck)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    9:23 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Darn.. got caught by the Tate police !!

I'm sorry for having my smegas off, I just don't like "DRINK!!, CHEERS!!" spam and the occasional "S>leech 3.4 / 3.5 / 3.6 / 3.7" mumbo jumbo (I paid 40mil for Ulu 2 leech FOURTY MIL.. ????? then Ulu 3 for 25mil which is reasonable.), also personally I don't enjoy PQs because of reason that Ainz mentioned and obviously me becoming a squeaky clean NL I do be whipping by chair out to sit down and wish them that LUK that I'm clearly lacking, but I've never PQ'd on my characters anymore because it can become a total waste of time having to explain what rolling is but then they loot the boss's drops regardless, then you send in reports, then that person is gonna be all like "Wot DA a why ban ?? Wot I do ?!" and then never log back on again because 'didn't use roll mechanic XD'

But honestly Ainz is right, the PQ items are pretty much useless after awhile so theres basically no point in getting them the cards included since you pretty much don't really need them to obtain Tier 10 ring.

But if the people wanna PQ because it's fun for them, I won't interfere because "It's their story." just have fun the wau they wanna have fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1