1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low @megaphone Settings Ignored at Spa (F) in Showa Town

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by JKNS, Jul 1, 2022.

1. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    1:05 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Even with megaphones muted, Megaphone texts show up in the Spa (F) map in Showa Town. Thought it was client-sided when I randomly started seeing smegas in my chat history while taking a break from cardhunting, and then realized after testing on my own smegas that it only applied to the characters in that map.
    What is supposed to happen?: Should not be able to see any megaphones with my game settings.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Spa (F), not sure if this is a thing in Spa (MJ.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Wait for any megaphones while in the Spa.
    Extra information (optional):

Attached Files:

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:05 AM
    Moderator Post
    So this is going to be a bit technical, but I will try. Basically, a set of maps are seen by Neckson as "Event maps". This is generally Fitness, Snowball, Coconut harvest, etc. In these maps SMEGAS's are blocked, when you /find someone it will say "X person is at an event map" (not in ML because we use a custom /find implementation) along with others. For some reason (I believe it had to do with the map ID) the spas are also classified as an event map. However, I am unsure why it actually makes your smega's visible since event maps are supposed to block them. Maybe that got reversed due to a bug.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    1:05 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Thank you, and technical responses are fine (if not totally welcomed on my end: think details are fascinating). I know this isn't urgent or anything, just made me wonder if the settings were broken for a few minutes until I realized it wasn't. I'm guessing it would be the same in Spa (M) then as well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1