1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Range choice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wysaro, Jul 6, 2022.

Which range for adventurer without leech and with base int?

1. Bowmaster

28.1%
  2. Corsair

56.1%
  3. Night Lord

15.8%
  1. Wysaro

Wysaro Red Snail

Jul 6, 2022
    Male
    5:46 AM
    Brawler
    Hello guys, im an old player of legends, i don't play for a long time (think 2~3 years), but i was able to keep voting for a while (i have rn 631 ap resets saved from vote cash along the time not playing), and also a kinda good budget from old equips that i had on my Dark Knight.

I dislike the idea of playing a melee character these days, so im retiring my DK and planning to make a range one. But, im not the kind of player that will put 300+ int on a range and have to be leeched till 150+, im planning to have int ofc, but not that much, i was thinking around 150 int base and int equips will do.

And for that, i want a range class that i can play even with 150 base int, self lvling, enjoying the long run, im not in a rush to lvl extremely fast, i like doing PQs, meeting good people on the run and self grind. I saw a few Journals (most recent the GetSmoked guy, spencil2) and he did a great job on the Corsair with no funds at all. I talked too much but the main question is, which range character i can have the fun im looking for (self grind, independant if i want, doing PQs and have good damage on long run)?

P.S - i think ill take night lord of the pool, becouse i like to do alot self content too, so night lord without SE wont be a good idea i think, or am i wrong?

Ty in advance <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    10:46 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It sounds like Corsair would fit your perfectly.
    Fun to play, independent (of course buffs help but no must) and are able to fit in every type of content really!
    It's most important to pick something that you think you will enjoy playing, regardless of how hard the grind with int might be. If you're not satisfied with how the class plays you won't pull through that easily.

I'd suggest taking a closer look at Corsair or Marksmen

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dcon

Dcon Slime

May 12, 2020
    4:46 PM
    DconW
    Corsair
    DuckNation
    dps and independent? Corsairs the way to go

decent dmg even with average gears

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    I would definitely recommend MM

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    It's true i hab a corsair

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    All of the above and maybe consider buccaneer aswell. It's quite different from the regular melee jobs and do very well endgame.

Can't really go wrong with either of the archers/pirates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    4:46 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Corsair/Archer for independence

• Like Like x 1
  8. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Corsairs fits very well on your description, but they have by far the worst 1, 2 and 3rd job in the game, if you don't mind this its fine, they are the best on the 4rd tho
    Marksman have a more linear progression, and can do VERY well with a large amount of base int, between those two i think marksman are more fun to play, but it is very personal

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    I would say not corsair. Its weaker than archer/sin until 4th job making it harder to grind.
    BM is most self reliant class, they have SE and don’t benefit from SI and have a good 2nd / 3rd job skills.
    Sin without SE is fine for grinding I think, just not that great for bossing.
    Hope helps and have fun!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    NL is good for bossing, but very limited to farm.

BM/MM is "ok" at both, also u can join at runs for se mule and mm snipe have fixed damage.

Corsair is good at both, but u have more mechanic to learn

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    1:46 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I'd say any Archer would be the better fit, Night Lords would need to buy stars and Corsairs would have to recharge their bullets. Another thing with Corsair is if you use all your summons and you die you're stuck on cool down and they also have the worst washing formula in the game, where both Thief and Archers have the same formula.

But all in all it's entirely up to you on what you want to play and enjoy more, GLHF.

Code:
    Pirate (Gunslinger)
    Code:
    HP Gained LvlUP: 22 - 28 hp
    MP Gained LvlUP: 18 - 23 mp + total INT/10

HP Gained from Fresh AP: 16 - 20 hp
    HP Gained from Stale AP: 18 hp
    MP Lost from AP Resetting: -16 mp

MP Gained from Fresh AP: 14 + base INT/10
    MP Gained from Stale AP: 14
    MP Lost from AP Resetting: -16 mp

[Pirate 1st Job**] Minimum HP Formula: (22 * level) + 255
    [Pirate 1st Job] Minimum MP Formula: (18 * level) - 55

[Pirate 2nd Job Onwards] Minimum HP Formula: (22 * level) + 380
    [Pirate 2nd Job Onwards] Minimum MP Formula: (18 * level) + 95

First Job Advancement Bonus: randbetween(100,150) + randbetween(25,50)  hp / 0 mp
    Second Job Advancement Bonus: 200 - 250 hp / 150 - 175 mp

• Like Like x 2
  12. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    Conversely, I would argue that it is because of that formula that Corsairs are so much more independent than night lords. You are free to pump int and mp wash as you like, because you can hp wash with Stale AP whenever you like. All you gotta do is build up enough MP, then you can reset int once your theoretical goal has been met, but the actual HP washing itself can be done later as necessary. So your upfront cost needed is only the Neckson cost of your [Int Reset] + [MP wash].

Compare this to Thieves who HAVE to pump int early if they want to maximize benefit from HP washing because their Fresh AP HP gains are better than their Stale AP HP gains.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Could also consider FP or IL mage. They do great/decent at the few bosses worth running, are unrivaled at grinding, required or great in alot of PQs and don't have to lower their damage in order to wash.

Probably the easiest route for what you're going for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    funny thing is that everyone is suggesting different jobs, thats good to see tbh. get something that u like the most.
    i would say the best job to play with int is marksman because of snipe skill, but since 150 int isnt that muuuuch, youll probably be fine with any other perfectly.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    Wysaro

Wysaro Red Snail

Jul 6, 2022
    Male
    Brawler
    Thanks alot for the replys guys! ;)

I'm thinking on Marksman and Corsair now (not BM, since a few ppl told that marksman have a easier time playing with int becouse of OP snipe skill), i tried to make a Mage, but retired him (actually since its lvl 83 i'll leave him as HS mule), tbh i hate the mage gameplay, idk why, but i dont think its fun (for me).

I'll maybe start with Corsair since was the most voted and more ppl talk good things about it, and see how it goes, since it's basically the same equips of archers at low lvl game, i wont have to sell all out to make an archer if gunslinger don't go well tho. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1