1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Comprehensive Omega Sector Quest Guide

Discussion in '(Party) Quests' started by Ainz, May 6, 2021.

1. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:02 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Hi everyone!

Work in progress, I'll update this thread over the coming few days!

1. Introduction and disclaimer
    I think the Omega Sector Quests don't get enough credit on this server. They are all fairly straightforward and can mostly be done in sequence (similar to Ariant).
    I think this can mostly be attributed to the following:
    1. Very few of the quests have high individual rewards.
    2. It's quite a large zone with a fair bit of back and forth.
    However, when you go through these quests in an efficient way, the rewards quickly add up to an easy way to grind through part of the level 40-50 range.
    Note: due to the wide level range of Omega Quests (30-50 or 30-80 if you count the last few quests) you won't be able to just quest from 30-50 here. I suggest saving up all the 30-40 quests and going here once you reach level 40 to complete them all in one quick session.

2. Preparations

Required quests:
    Before getting started on the Omega Sector quests, start Chief Stan's Letter. It opens up another sequence of like 5 quests that you really don't want to be missing out on. Don't miss it like I did and have to spend 2 more Warp Tickets to get 1 measly quest.
    Also start this quest in Nautilus Harbor, it's a free 30k exp for simply getting to Omega Sector and talking to Dr. Kim.

2.2. Optional:
    I personally recommend doing Bartol's Request to get Warp Tickets that'll let you easily go back and forth between Omega Sector and Victory Island. It only takes about 2 minutes and can be a huge timesaver further down the road.

Huge recommendation: Before going to Omega Sector, pay NLC a visit. Find Elpam Gorlab in the top right of the map and accept his quest Lost!. It's fairly simple and gives a GFA 70% at the end, which -at the time of writing- is worth approximately 5-5.5m.

2.3. Important warning
    Before you start doing the Omega Sector quests, it's vital that you have NOT started/completed Lost in the Ocean. Having this quest started/completed blocks a quest line of like 5 quests in Omega Sector. Thanks to AnnolisAnnolis for reminding me to put this warning here.

3. Let's get to work!

3.1. Level 40

I personally would not recommend going to Omega Sector before this level. There are a few quick quests you can do, but there's simply not enough of them to really make it worth your while. My suggestion is to get to level 40 (through E.g. Korean Folk Town quests) and then starting off.
    Turn in the following quests:
    Start the following quest:
    First, go into Omega Sector: Silo to find Chury.
    Now, here comes the only time-sensitive part of this quest guide, so be prepared to rush a few actions through within a time limit of 30 minutes. It really shouldn't be hard to complete in time, but just as a heads-up. We're going to be completing 3 quests at once, one of which has a time limit. (Just to illustrate, I did this on a 70 int lvl 40 marksman without any decent gear, wrote this guide while doing it and it only took me 16 minutes)
    • Head to the top-right of Omega Sector and find Jr. Officer Medin
    • [​IMG]
    • Accept his quest 'The Revolutionary Plan for Constructing Defensive Walls'
    • Head up to Eos Tower Third Floor and Find Roly-Poly 10.
    • [​IMG]
    • Accept his quest 'Disgruntled Roly-Poly Worker'
    • Head up to Eos Tower Fourth Floor
    • Kill 20 Black Ratz, collecting 5 Hard Walnut [​IMG]
    • Farm Block Golems until you have 20 Yellow Toy Block[​IMG]
    • Once this is completed, go up to Eos Tower 9th Floor (the climb from 6 to 9 can be a bit tedious, but it's still comfortably doable)
    • Once here, just kill the bottom Bloctopus until they drop 1 Bloctopus Keychain.[​IMG]
    • Make your way back down to Eos Tower Third Floor, hand in the quest at Roly-Poly 10.
    • At this point, you can either walk back manually or just pop a Nearest Town Scroll.
    • Head back to Dr. Kim and hand in both The Revolutionary Plan for Constructing Defensive Walls and Bloctopus is an Alien?
    Great job, you've completed the only time-sensitive part of the Omega Sector quests! From here on out, it's all smooth sailing.

This next part is going to start off with a fair bit of walking and accepting quests.
    First off, go through the left-side portal of Omega Sector. While in Off-Limits, farm 30 Mateon's Tentacles [​IMG] and 1 Ripped Travel Ticket [​IMG].

Then take the bottom portal to go to Kulan Field I. Here you can accept Eliminating Grays from Black Mesoranger. Complete this quest by killing 30 Barnard Grays while farming 20 Space Food [​IMG] and 30 Elpam Magnet[​IMG] for other quests.
    Once you've finished collecting the etcs, hand in Eliminating Grays to Black Mesoranger.
    [​IMG]

After this, pop back out to the right to Off-Limits, and take the top left portal to get to Boswell Field, go one map further to Boswell Field II and accept 'The Alarm Clock' from Pink Mesoranger.[​IMG]

Continue going left to Boswell Field III, where you'll find Hoony. Turn in Dr. Kim's Comments here and accept the follow-up quest.
    Finally, go two more maps to the left to find Gunny in Boswell Field V. (If you're already level 41 or over, you can also accept Eliminating Mateon from Green Mesoranger here, but we'll get to it at some point regardless)
    [​IMG]
    Hand in the final part of Dr. Kim's Comments, accept the follow-up quest and pop a nearest town scroll. Turn in VIP Ticket to Florina Beach and head to Dr. Kim to complete Dr. Kim's Comments. Also make sure you accept 'Supplying the Robotic Parts'

To start off this part, I would recommend first going through the teleporter back to Victoria Island (warp cards can be bought at Bartol for 10k each after having completed his quest, so they're quite expendable). In doing so, you can go visit Elpam Gorlab in NLC again to complete Lost! and accept his second quest.

After that, head over to Eos Tower again and use the Eos Tower Scrolls to get to Ludibrium.
    In Ludibrium, we'll need to gather a few items:
    • [​IMG] 60 Temporal Fragments (From Tick-Tock, for ReVersal)
    • [​IMG] 30 Table-Clock (From Tick-Tock, for The Alarm Clock) The initial quest says 20, but make sure you get 30. The follow-up requires another 10 and you really don't want to have to make the trip again.
    • [​IMG] 10 Cogs (From Chronos)
    Aside from this, we'll have to make a quick pitstop in Toy Factory <Process 1> Zone 1 to find Assistant Cheng.

Head into the Clocktower, go down to Toy Factory <Main Process 1>, and head to the far left.
    [​IMG]First, find Assistant Cheng, turn in the quest, and head over to Chronos to farm 10 Cogs. Then head to Whirlpool of Time. Get the Tableclocks (30) and Temporal Fragments (60) here.

Now, we're gonna start heading back to Omega Sector (because Neckson likes designing quests in ways that you can't gather everything in one single session, we're gonna have to make another trip back to Ludi).
    On the way to Omega Sector, make sure you don't use an Eos scroll to go all the way down. Instead, hop down to the 76th-90th floor and enter the Drumming Bunny mini-dungeon near the top-left. Get your 20 Dull Crystal [​IMG] here, and then hop down to the 71st floor, use Eos scrolls to get all the way down to Omega Sector.

Turn in Retrieving the Robotic Parts to Dr. Kim and accept the follow-up quest. Turn in The Ore of Dark Crystal to General Maestro and accept the follow-up quest.

This next session is mostly just walking and whacking boxes, but make sure you first head into Silo (recommendation, take the portal numbered 3), hop down a little and buy one Pain Reliever from Dr. Pepper.

Then head over to the left portal, first go to Kulan Field II (Bottom portal) and whack the reactor box thingies until you find Gray's Document.

Head back to Off-Limits and take the top-left portal, continue on to Boswell Field II and turn in The Alarm Clock. Continue going left to Boswell Field III and accept and complete Hoony's Toothache.

Now, we're going to have to head into some hidden maps to whack some more boxes!
    First off, Boswell Field III:[​IMG] Take the portal highlighted by the star and find the reactor, whack it until you get Box of Parts.
    Then, Boswell Field IV: [​IMG] Same thing, go through the hidden portal highlighted by the star and whack the reactor.

And, one more time, Boswell Field V: [​IMG]

Then, pop a return scroll. Turn in The Power of Origin to General Maestro and Retrieving the Robotic Parts to Dr. Kim. Accept the follow-up quests from both as usual!

//Note to self:
    • Accept Dogon's HQ
    • Go back and forth to Ludi to retrieve Alarm Clock etcs and complete Terminating the Dark Force on the way.

Last update: May 21st, 7:30 am servertime.

• Great Work Great Work x 18
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    -reserved in case I need it-

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    -reserved in case I need to say this will never get updated

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    3:02 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    You'll definitely want to add NPC Elpam Gorlab in NLC with his quest Lost. This is a legitimate good use of a warp ticket or two...or three even!

[EDIT] Also, it is absolutely imperative that you do NOT start NPC Robinson's quest in Aqua Road with the SOS Bottle until AFTER you've completed Kay's quest to find the Dropship. Kay's quest is about finding Robinson, and if you find Robinson ahead of time, you will be cut off from the rest of Kay's quest string involving finding Robinson.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Was aware of both facts and they will be covered! Thanks for mentioning it tho!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    Kamairi
    Hero
    Ohhhhhh, thanks for posting this! I'll let you get ahead a bit more before giving your guide a test run on my baby cleric! FoxF2

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    5:02 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    I think the Omega Sector quests are also pretty good for newer players or 1st characters in the server because a lot of the quest rewards are usually 100 of some potion that you can either use or NPC for quick meso. The main thing kinda competing against this is that for those players, a lot of the time spent at these levels is at LPQ (for nostalgia or maybe another factor), and LPQ also does the same thing in terms of giving you a stack of 100 potions for quick money (plus the bonus stage equips and some decent scrolls if you're lucky).

That said, I always do these when I cardhunt the area because the questline is easy and very straightforward (it also lets me not have to make a second trip back when the Zeno questline opens up at a later level than the others).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    Kamairi
    Hero
    Ono! Seems like some of the img links are broken! (present in all three sections atm)
    upload_2021-5-11_0-11-46.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    6:02 AM
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    Hell yeah. These quests are obnoxious and seeing them all laid out here is great.

A non-Omega tip: the NLC Quest with the temporal fragments is one of two pre-reqs for Finding Jack, a level 50 quest that gives a hilariously large amount of EXP. The other pre-req is Subani’s legacy, which is a little annoying, but it’s worth basically leveling from 50-51 in an instant when you hand in Finding Jack.

10. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    5:02 AM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    best thing about omega sector quests is the amount of FATTTT sausages it gives

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Oops! I'll fix that when I get back, not quite sure what's breaking the img links. I think Hidden Street doesn't like them :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. orbus

orbus Red Snail

Mar 16, 2020
    Page
    Can I abandon the finding robinson quest after I've already found him and gave him water to still get those quests?
    Probably not, which is wildly bad design, especially since the aqua road quests are lower level than omega sector stuff.

13. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    If you've responded to his SOS Bottle, then Kay has no reason to send you on quests to try to find him. =o(

14. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Well I'm happy to find out I'm not the only one who likes Omega Sector...
    It's always worth it to pick up some Pain Relievers while you're there. The extra defense goes a long way at lower levels.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    You can also get grilled cheese from NLC which are pots that heal 500 HP and MP (so rpoabbly useful for a lot of classes until lvl50 or so) which give 20 def for 30 minutes. So just 10 def less, but also heals :) (but yes, not in Omega)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    6:02 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Hello please update.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    upload_2023-2-13_21-14-36.png

• Creative Creative x 2
  18. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    Chief Bandit
    Listen noobs, ainz has provided me with a resource of knowledge that will aid me in making the most mindblowing turbo questguide the world has ever seen, including multiple setups and requirements fitting for all the players both new and old

(wont be covering INT builds I literally don't care bout u)
    (ETA 2-7months)
    #StopbullyingAinz

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:02 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin