1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Equip and Cash Functionality in Key Config

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tujou, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Tujou

Tujou Mano

May 29, 2022
    Male
    Period
    1:34 PM
    Periberd
    Dragon Knight
    Eternals
    The Key Config is a window all Maplers are fimiliar with.
    Move around existing keybinds, unbind unnecessary actions, place skills and attacks, map consumables, etc.!

But it's a bit limited:
    1. You cannot unbind the "0" key on the num pad (Always will be pickup)
    2. Movement keys (arrows) are also stuck in their place
    3. Caps lock, enter, backspace, forward slash, windows key, and other important keys unmappable.
    4. Supports skills, consumables, windows, and emotes.

It's limitation 4 I'd like to look at today with a closer eye. I think there is a ton of potential with (reasonable) opportunity for implementation.

BEHOLD: YOUR KEY CONFIG, IN A PERFECT WORLD.
    equipkeyconfigaid.png
    Pay close attention to the awfully cropped Equip and Cash items now occupying space in slots 6 to "-"

HOW IT WORKS:
    A weapon is bound. In this case, a DK's polearm. Pressing "6" would equip Purple Surfboard, provided the character has the stats to equip the item, is not currently in combat (has caught their breath), and does not have an NX item equipped that blocks the weapon type (pls see my suggestion for the Maha donor item.) Alternatively, this keybind would unequip Purple Surfboard if the item is already equipped and the player has enough inventory space. These are all parameters already in the game, and checked when the item is just double clicked in the inventory or equips menu. Not a new feature, but a new access point to the same feature!

7. Purple Seal Cushion. Isnt it adorable? This is already a feature in the game. Hitting this keybind effectively "Double clicks" the chair from the Setup tab of the player's inventory.
    It checks that the player is allowed to perform the action (not in combat, not already in a chair or seated, not moving.) Exactly what this suggestion aims to do, but with the target being an equip or cash item instead.

8. An empty slot, for clarity.

9. Pet meso pouch! hitting this keybind, like purple surfboard, equips a cash item in the equip inventory. Following all the same restrictions as just double clicking the item, except the inventory does not need to be open or navigated to equip/unequip the item.

0. A pet is bound. Using this hotkey now summons and dismisses the player's pet.

"-". A player store is bound. Pressing the hotkey would open a player store- again, provided they meet the criteria to do so (not in combat, currently in a Free Market room, not too close to another shop, etc.)

All of these functions work exactly as already implemented in the game. The only difference is that they're bound to a key. This key, when pressed, follows all rules and limitations and mechanics the game has already created. They just need to be called by a button instead of double clicking!

But Y:
    What functionality is realistically gained from these binds?
    No, they are not simply "QoL" for the sake of things being nice. Although that definitely factors in, there are real gameplay benefits to these changes.

Starting in slot 6 again:
    6: WEAPONS. Almost all DKs will switch between weapons for maximum DPS depending on what's on the screen. Spears for single target, pole arms for cleave. Not only is it just clunky to pull up the inventory between fights, its just frustrating some of these build limitations affect gameplay. Implementing this change gives DKs a way to reasonable swap "Stances" in combat. This change also effects low level Assassins or Bandits using the other weapon type's damaging ability. Sindits! To be able to stab with your dagger, "stance swap" into claw form, and throw shurikens with some practice and new features would just really set aside Maple Legends gameplay. It's a buff to both classes without throwing in numbers.

9. Pet Equips, Cash Equips. Pets have speed bonuses or even HP associated with their equips, but sometimes you need to remove your auto loot. This is necessary in PQs, Bossing, Leeching, etc. Being able to disable this feature at a button's press is the difference between accidentally taking someone's card, drop, money, etc. Cash equips working on keybind offers new "emotes" in a sense. You can hit a bind to equip your mask or helmet that changes your face, and then take it off, similar to how an emote would function.

"-": A player store, a chalkboard, a match game set, Omok set, you name it. Bind it.

Thank you for reading my suggestion. I hope the functionality I can offer from the top of my head is enough to convince you this is worth implementing. With some creativity and hopefully not too much elbow grease, we can extend the game's keybind functionality to Equip and Cash.

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:34 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Creative idea, but it sounds like it would require (significant) client edits. That is, if it is even possible.

Imho it's probably gonna fall under 'not worth the effort of implementing', but that vote is reserved for staff, of course.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    10:34 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
  4. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    9:34 PM
  5. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    8:34 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    This would be excellent and especially for some character builds that swap MoN and HTP.

a great QoL improvement!

6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:34 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I dont know if this is possible but i love this idea.

btw, is possible use things in f8-f11?

7. OP
    OP
    Tujou

Tujou Mano

May 29, 2022
    Male
    Period
    1:34 PM
    Periberd
    Dragon Knight
    Eternals
    Only emotes can go into the F keys right now.
    Another avenue to possibly explore!

8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:34 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    yess it will be usefull if can be enabled