1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sublets (Maple Journal)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Soblet, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    8:23 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Could have appled to clear that HT together?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. pebbytan

pebbytan Mano

Dec 17, 2021
    Female
    Pebbytan
    Bishop, Bowman
    Aspect
    Yooo I am part of the journey!!! Pebby was here FoxF2

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Nice signature MapleF3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea we did apple quite alot but during arms and no bishop it's not really worth it for the seduce target especially a shad. I did try bombing left arm a bit but doesnt really work well.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    182!

Oh wait...

I did do another thing though FoxTongue

[​IMG]

Very cool. I was progressively feeling more like I couldn't advance on my shadower so was looking for a faster/easier route but still wanted to keep it enjoyable. For me that would mean multiclienting attackers instead of the more popular multimage setups. It's kindof similar to soloing PQs like I did when I started with this journal and I really had fun with that so yea here it goes.

Problem is that I'll have to level these guys up to atleast somewhat into 4th job before I can use them and I want to do a light wash on them to hit around 18k hp. Not looking forward to leeching up more chars again (already did some CWK sign mules leeching off my bishop and I've had enough of that). So instead I'll level them through PQing FoxHehe

Problem is I decided on this after leveling them all up to 20 at HPQ and now I'll need to convert one of them into a PQ carry while it already has 85 base int. Not gonna remake though, I'll just gear it up a bit better if possible and get an early monster book ring on it to offset the damage loss. Time to find some OK claws and stars and stuff...

For now I'll be hunting cards for the PQ carry, in no particular order (I was about to start leeching at genins so decided to start card hunting at ninja castle). Long road ahead before I can actually get anything out of this but here we go FoxAwk

[​IMG]

Joined the last Teaparty PB run FoxShy Thank you for having me on last minute so many times, and thanks for getting so many people their first PB experience FoxLove We didn't get the clear but sometimes not clearing is better.

[​IMG]

And got my 4th Horntail card after a 6 man run. Always a good time When XbowtjuhNL is hosting FoxHehe

[​IMG]

I got into a habit of grinding at nightghosts while waiting for HT runs to start. It's actually better meso/hour there than actually running HT FoxGhost

[​IMG]

My HP/MP is nicely balanced now and I'm considering putting hp washing on hold atleast for a bit. I don't think there's much difference in survivability between a 19k or 30k shadower tbh but I'll probably change my mind again later.. FoxNinja

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading, take care FoxBye

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Actually 182!

[​IMG]

Nothing new, still doing Horntail runs whenever I can and just chilling collecting cards on the PQ carry, can't wait to get into PQing again FoxTongue. It's pretty slow going right now but whatever, just hit my first tier and taking baby steps.

[​IMG]

Still a long road to tier 10, not sure where I wanna go next, I'm going by area since I'm high enough level for anything. Might just clear the easy cards on the continent first.

[​IMG]

Why do these kebobs keep showing up? I'm scared FoxF5

[​IMG]

I've totally stopped washing and found another use for my vote cash. It's really nice for the card grind/hoarding thing I always end up doing and I also finally bought a shop (hoped to get one from events but rip). I'll try sell the usefull ETCs I find but not sure if that really sells. I have little patience for repeatedly setting up shops.. FoxNo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alright back to the card grind, byeee FoxBye

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  7. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Still 182!

Grats nerd FoxSpy

[​IMG]

More SE mule card hunting, some sets are tooo easyyy.

[​IMG]

Other sets just take forever... I'll quickly skip the ones I feel are not worth the effort, the goal this time is just to get to tier 10 after all. So far I've skipped the dark nependeath, extra C, ashigaru and black goat cards, boss cards I'll only pick up when I don't have to camp them. Everything else was fairly ok to collect. 47/300 sets so far FoxHehe

[​IMG]

I joined my previous guilds ''30 man Horntail event'' (more like 20 I think and some didn't join the second run?) which was good fun. Funktail used to feel like something so distant but we eventually got there, very glad I got to to spend my early bossing levels in Funk FoxLove

[​IMG]

Second run we tried to cause early mass sed but noone really died to it and it was actually pretty chill not having the arms around while taking down the heads. Wish this was a more accepted strat...

[​IMG]

Back to the card grind, byee FoxBye

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta

OK no level up but still wanted to post somethings.

Found a screenshot from the Funk guild run from last post, the run was chill enough to pull this off lmao.

[​IMG]

This pose during assassinate always looks good FoxHehe Pretty decent DPM too though I did use an apple. I always wanna know what dpm I get but rarely ever bother to start one.

[​IMG]

Our 6 man turned into a 5 man a bit too early for comfort, some bad cancels later and we got the clear with 25 seconds left on the clock FoxXD This is way too stressfull..

[​IMG]

And at last I got Horntail card 5/5. Took me long enough but this was the last card I was missing from the 1st page of the gold (bosses) tab yay FoxTongue Onto page number 2 I guess.

[​IMG]

Speaking of page 2, I got to run my first ever Toad. I guess it's like a cracked up krexel? Rather uneventful boss fight but we got some decent drops atleast (card and pouch wew).

I was told it hits hard and you need to stay at full hp but it honestly wasn't too bad xD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the final stretch of cards I still need, though the upcoming patch might add some more (BF and HH are currently unobtainable) FoxSpy

[​IMG]
    OK I'm going on a nice long break now for like 2-4 weeks. Have fun with the event everyone! FoxBye

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    3:23 AM
    Beginner
    looking for new journal updates, after shad changes Foxpat

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Sublet is soloing pb as we speak

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Oh wow time flies, still managed to keep my break within 2-4 weeks woo! FoxF2

183!

[​IMG]

Came back from holiday with a vengeance as the annisummer event and patch dropped. A ton of changes but most of all, we got new cards added FoxShy. Not sure why but hunting cards is one of the most enjoyable things to do, also the first thing I do when they get released usually. I think I got most of them and none of them were too hard to get, just need Crimson Guardian, Firebrand and pretty much all of NT2.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Books getting huge..

[​IMG]

Oo speaking of NT2, I should probably get to clearing that.. I went to check it out but solo would take too long zzz. Or I guess I could hmm. Looks like fun content to get into, if anyones running Dunas2 hmu please.

[​IMG]

FoxF6 wth

[​IMG]

I wasn't really sure what to do this event so I grinded water goblins for points for a bit and took down the occasional Crow. Ez 35 mill. Didn't really get much out of the event but w.e.

[​IMG]

mm my favourite int gear dealer. I really love the face and hair and everything I got now, will try to keep it for a while FoxAwk

[​IMG]

21k hp FoxSpy and only like 200-250 more days of voting for 30k hp, so going to finish this 30k/11ishk hp/mp thief in a little under 3 years. With pretty inefficient washing and all, not bad but I'll be happy to finally have some spare cash to work with when it's done..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading, byee FoxBye

• Like Like x 8
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Oook maybe I should make this a bi-weekly thing or something lol but I'm still somewhat active..

Just not a whole lot on this character, motivation has been low so I only join the occasional boss run and that's about it. Getting meaningful upgrades has become progressively harder and meso income has been stagnant so yea. Grinding for meso has been too slow and bossing for meso is also kindof bad as a not so funded single client shadower.

I did finally get my Dunas2 clear though woo, looks like it's also a pretty bad boss to run as shadower as you either get dispelled constantly or have to deal with either missing alot of your attacks due to assassinates short range or having very low damage output with boomerang step. Or maybe I'm missing something and there's actually a better way to tackle this boss..

[​IMG]

Tried a hail mary dagger upgrade but boomed the last two timeless killics I had saved up, here's the best result I got out of all my effort so far lol (this one boomed too FoxGhost).

[​IMG]

So I've been slowly working on my money making scheme multi-attacker setup, hunting cards and waiting for the ''PQ update'' to hit to run them through the PQs. Almost halfway there FoxF1.

[​IMG]

But since I don't really enjoy card hunting for a mule too much and I don't get much enjoyment out of my main right now either I decided to join the Osslock challenge, been pretty fun so far FoxHehe. It's great not having to worry too much about washing or dpm or whatever FoxAwk

[​IMG]

Just grinded out these gloves woo (why don't low level thief gloves drop from anything FoxF6).

Decided to go with sindit this time around as that seems to make the most sense for a side project like this. Just 2 more levels to get the meba then the next upgrade will likely be a korean fan. Meso management is pretty rough since normally I play very conservatively and hoard every bloody thing I come across but now I try make it a point to use my resources to speed up my progress (aka use my pots lol).

Ok just wanted to give a small update, have a good one FoxLove FoxBye

• Like Like x 6
  13. HotCow

HotCow Pink Teddy

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    HotCow
    Hunter
    Funk/NewLeaf
    Finally!
    upload_2022-10-28_12-22-10.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Cool to see this thread is still going, last time I was in here a year ago we were roughly around the same level/rate of progress but you've pulled way ahead now

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    1:23 AM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    Osslock is the end game. Hope you find it as lax and relaxing as I have.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    184!

[​IMG]

I got most of my exp from Funky Horntail runs, 6 mans still give me around 9% each run so it's still fairly fast to level up.

[​IMG]

Haven't been super active so I was surprised to come back and have easy 6 man runs without bringing a bunch of night lords, bosses often start out as intimidating but over time end up as easy care-free content. Funny how that goes.

Played on my Osslock a bit until reaching level 35. Struggling with mesos gives an entirely different dynamic to the game but at late first job that struggle was pretty much over, even with the increased star recharge costs lol. I've put the character on hold for the event and am considering following my own somewhat stricter rules to play by. Right now I'm enjoying my main again so it might be a while FoxTongue

[​IMG]

Still card hunting on my PQ/attacker mule. I decided I'll start PQing once I reach tier 10 ring even if the PQ revamp isn't here yet. I got my first tier 10 ring using a second/third job ice lightning mage and it feels so much slower this time around. Part of it may be that my motivation for a mule is lower than for my main but it also seems shadower is just slower lol. Hard to tell with a small sample size and the nature of RNG though. Currently at 165/300 sets.

[​IMG]

Love the halloween event this year, a ton of quests to go through and even a party quest (glad I finished before the skill nerfs on the final stage though haha). And very happy to have the omni key and toymaker set again. Now all that I've lost from my 2015 bandit and haven't got back is the crystal rudolph pet which I'll probably never get again and the thanksgiving equips which seem unlikely too, w.e.

[​IMG]

And I just got my first Core Blaze clear, thanks for the invite FoxLove. It's always fun to run bosses for the first time. Now on to clear Dunas 2 again I guess...

I often feel like I should level up or upgrade gears more before attempting these stronger bosses but what you said about things becoming too transactional resonated with me and I'll try change my mindset on this HarleyEllisHarleyEllis

[​IMG]

Since my efforts at pursuing a timeless weapon have been fruitless I've finally caved and got a little upgrade. The low availability (and high cost) of timeless daggers make getting an upgrade too unreliable so I'll try to get some smaller upgrades first. FoxAwkFoxAwkFoxAwk
    Also I'll need a decent secondary dagger soon FoxHehe

[​IMG]

Event gears and some more washing got me to 24k+ HP now, I did spend quite a bit on cosmetics delaying my 30k but I rarely ever run the risk of dying anymore so it's whatever..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you for reading, take care! FoxBye

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  17. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:23 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Soblet in auf when?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Probably like 2 months FoxSpy

19. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    ayo how u get good dagger kty
    gib me mezoz ploz fm1ch1

anyway, poggers high lvl !

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Oh geez I did not realise this wasn't updated for so long, I thought I only skipped one level up, anyways..

185/186/187!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] Thanks for always helping me out FoxCrazy
    [​IMG]

Once again I've been mostly running poverty dragon, starting to run less 12 mans and more 6's which is nice. Also doing daily JC and occasional NT bosses levels me up pretty fast.

And also went through Core Blaze and 2nas so I'm now ready for my first Aufheben run, already joined a discord channel for it just haven't actually signed yet. Soon I guess. Should be fun to give it a try.

[​IMG]

And also also we wanted to run Nameless but couldn't find a pinner so decided to try pin it using onyx apples. This went surprisingly well though I did sometimes hit below 50k which disrupts the pin. With a bit better range I'd be able to pin easily though probably still not very worth to use apples for this. Shadowers can pin some bosses just need a good damage range for it.

[​IMG]

Nib with the Funk gang FoxHehe

[​IMG]

Speaking of late I'll be running PB again this week at past midnight but figured it's only once a week so I'll survive. I think the boss has changed alot since I last ran it so looking forward to how it is now.

Got some cards but not alot yet, they'll come eventually, not really too focussed on this.

[​IMG]

I did get alot of cards for my up and coming attacker mule, just the final stretch towards T10 now. 222/300 sets.

[​IMG]

Tried to scroll some gear but you know how it goes, nothing but sadness. Did reach 25k HP milestone though so yay! FoxF2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Byeeeeeeeeee FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Like Like x 2