1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Friends and I are thinking of starting Maple Legends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TimOh, Jul 18, 2022.

1. TimOh

TimOh Snail

Jul 18, 2022
    Male
    5:30 AM
    But we're a bit turned off by the idea of HP Washing.
    How necessary is it in Maple Legends for bossing?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:30 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It's unfortunate but if the goal is bossing with all of the late game bosses in mind(Horntail, Neo-tokyo, Pink Bean) HP washing is 100% needed for essentially all classes, even tanky ones like warriors. It might be possible on a Shadower with all the HP gear available, but it won't be very enjoyable and you'll still be 2ko by most stuff and require Hyper Body.

It's a good server if you can tough out the HP washing. Viable characters start at like 40 int for warriors, and 80-140 int on most other classes. At those levels they can be played rather normally through 3rd job.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    5:30 PM
    make a pally, it only takes 4mths of voting for 30k hp.
    or a drk, 2 mths of voting for 30k hp with HB
    or a ranged 1.3~1.5yrs of voting for 18k hp

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    My advice to new comers would be to not get intimidated by hp washing.

While for level 160+ bosses it is practically mandatory for the majority of classes, there are ways of putting hp washing off until a very late level that are super beginner friendly. These methods would allow you and your friends to play the early game (1st-3rd job) how you remember it on gms without having to worry about hp washing, and still give you the flexibility to get enough hp through hp washing later on if you decide to do so. This is true regardless of your class.

Here is a link to a guide I wrote targeted at new players. I had a bunch of friends join maple legends, and they were all in the same dilemma as you folks. Link: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/sugarbaddies-washing-basics.46012/

The guide basically puts hp washing off entirely until level 120, and if you want you could put it off even more by investing in greater levels of base int later in the game.

If you do decide that you want to hp wash early on though, I highly recommend you just follow the tl;dr section at the top as it will require the minimal amount of int investment to allow you to keep your damage and training independence (to not rely on leech), while at the same time giving you enough hp washes to complete any content. This does come at the cost of nx efficiency though, but if you are just casual players, as long you are diligent about voting everyday (even days you don't play) you should build up enough of an nx nest egg by the time you start hp washing to hold you off until very late game when the leveling process slows down anyway, giving you more days of nx voting/level. Even at the highest level of nx investment, all that is required is 6 days of voting for nx/level, which is extremely reasonable for the higher levels.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. KurayamiHS

KurayamiHS Orange Mushroom

Mar 8, 2021
    Female
    Bishop
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    multimage is pay2win because not everyone can afford to get a better pc/multi pcs to run that many clients, it's just another way for the elite to further increase the disparity between players.

i honestly think this will be the thing that shut down this server not only because of inflation but because of how the setup changes the way we play the game and maybe even how we think of each other.

most people who create this setup are hardcore sweaty players and within time it'll become the norm and not everyone can do it so those casual players will leave from feeling limited.

but hey at least hp washing doesnt take as long anymore

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    Wolf
    Shadower
    Hey it's a good time to start, the summer/anniversary event is around the corner MapleF2 I recommend mage class to start your journey and get familiar with the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Fix

Fix Slime

Dec 27, 2021
    Male
    10:30 AM
    Sondre
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    I am a fairly new player, and I too was somewhat put off by HP washing initially.
    Turns out I enjoy this aspect of the game more than I had expected, and once you grasp the idea of making a proper MP pool you will realize it is not really that bad.
    There is a lot of good links in this thread regarding HP washing, and I recommend at least spending a couple of minutes reading the tl;drs.

Either way, I would just give the server a go. Check out the community and the server, as it should be what determines wether you stay or not.

Lastly, my only tip (that I got when I started) is to make two accounts and vote on them straight of the bat. Play on one and have the other slowly building NX. Thank me later!

Welcome to MapleLegends happymush

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    It is a good game to play and spend sometime with your friends having fun together, whom you are playing with, while not caring about optimisation.

If you are really into bossing stuffs and wants to play the full content, it is gets quite iffy with hp washing and gears later on.

11. Tarnished

Tarnished Mixed Golem

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    I started on this server 2 months ago as someone who didn't like the idea of HP washing either so here's my recommendation:

Just make a Hero, Paladin, or any Magician as your first character. These characters don't require washing at all, and they're incredibly easy to wash if you decide to do it anyway.

You'll be able to play the game as originally intended and have a great pre-bb nostalgic experience.
    Over time you'll learn the details of this server and have your own idea of whether or not washing is worth it. If you're like me you might find yourself increasingly tolerant of the mechanic, because it is a pretty fair albeit overcomplicated progression system.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    6:30 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    I understand your point, but this isn't the place to show it, and wipeing the server because multimage'ing become popular in the last months? seems too much for a 7 years old server, and creating multiples mages isn't easy and cheap like people suggest, its not like, oh, i have 4 mages, instantly rich.

no.
    OnionF2

13. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    You don't need an expensive computer to run multiple clients, almost anything from the past decade can run multiple clients. People have gotten old af tables to run mushgame. I don't wanna be the person who says get a job hippie but if your running such weak hardware, that you can't even run multiple clients of a game released in 2003, you should probably find some way to earn more money. If you have the free time to get to multimage leech you have the free time to earn some money for a better computer.

Plenty of sub $150 usd pc builds on YouTube, you won't be able to play anything modern though. Everyone's English in this thread is good enough that they could get a remote job transcribing English. If you take a break from maplelegends for a month you could earn enough money to make a much better PC and multi mage like the best of them. Even if you don't like the idea of getting a job to be able to play this game at its peak efficiency, you should get a half decent computer in this ever evolving world.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    4:30 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Honestly, just play. Most of us came to this server for nostalgia reasons, and you can get your fix of that. The reality of ML is that the game meta has been analyzed and solved to where it’s completely different from the game we knew as kids, but that doesn’t mean you can’t join and play the game as you remember. After that, decide if you want to stick for the long-term or not, but you can gain as much enjoyment out of the game as you want without having to worry about everything else that comes with it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Yay! Encourage the potential new players by going on a random tangent about how poor people should just work :')
    (I understand that wasn't the point of your message but why in tarnation did you post it, let alone in this thread)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021

17. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    4:30 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    yall the thread is about hp wash, not multimage

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    Technically it's about both. OP's question is a two parter. First is about HP washing, second is about bossing.

HP wash let's you create a viable attacker for bossing, and multimaging let's you actually gear it up.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    6:30 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    wtf hahahah

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    They ask how necessary washing is to boss.
    No mention of gear, mages whatsoever

Also you definitely don't need to multimage to obtain decent enough gear to carry your weight in every single boss. There's more to bossing than perfect gears

• Agree Agree x 3