1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Set Prestigious Coin Prices to be a Fixed Mesos Price

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zeroxlr, Aug 1, 2022.

1. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    8:35 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Lets suggest ways to fix the economy rather than suggest to kill a whole class (mages), destroy safe spots, or to make mobs overpowered than they should be.
    • Multimages is a symptom of a broken economy, rather than the cause.
    • In Real Life Hours spent on (characters/grinding/farming) should be accounted for their efforts.
    • They also help the economy by reducing the prices of scrolls and equips, by increase the quantity and quality by farming them, so that everyone can get them.
    • Could also Lower npc price of equips, reduce etc/meso(amount) dropped by mobs instead = "less printed mesos" and increase quantity of scrolls/good equips to deflate the economy
    Economy was overrun by people hoarding WS/CS before the Pink Bean update in Oct 2020, such that the prices went from 100m(2019) to 150m.

upload_2022-8-1_11-8-20.png

upload_2022-8-1_11-12-42.png

When the Pink Bean update came along in late Oct 2020, the WS/CS began to creep from 150m to 200m

Then Prestigious Coins balance came along to address all the Hoarders of WS/CS in Aug 2021. This push people to Hoard even more and spiked WS/CS from 200m to 300m in only a few months before WS/CS became finally untradeable.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/summer-event-2021-balance-changes-explained.42322/

In June of 2021 (2 months before Aug 2021 before pcoins update), quad mage method was published to combat the Hoarders that were killing the economy.
    • In his guide, he even showcases himself using WS rather than hoarding it!
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/akashs-meso-journal-inspired-by-shivering.41316/

To address the probabilistic nature of % drops from gacha, WS/CS was converted to also being able to be purchased by Pcoins.

The biggest issue is that P-coins is a stock. This means that since Pcoins is not tied to a fixed Meso price, it itself become a currency of its own, much like how WS/CS was originally a type of stock that was collected and used as a currency before the Pcoins update.

Pcoins went from 1.8m (Jan 2022) to 3.8m (Aug 2022).

upload_2022-8-1_11-15-28.png

upload_2022-8-1_11-15-41.png

Originally WS/CS was gated to prevent the influx of Perfect Equips in ML, but now it's almost impossible to make or see perfected equips.
    • People who put in XXX amount of In Real Life hours should at least be guaranteed the chance of trying for at least 1 perfected equipment.

To fix, the symptom, it's best to fix the actual issue that is Pcoins = stocks.
    • I suggest to make Pcoins = a fixed mesos price instead (people suggested 140m fixed price like the good ol'days of ML)
    • Then fix the symptoms afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    4:35 PM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    what do you think the meso price should be then? and how many hours is reasonable to put in for a perf weapon?

idk about this, from my personal experience there are a surprising amount of ppl with perf weapons in my circle of ML

edit:
    isnt the problem with multimaging the meso generation = inflation?

I think the maple economy will always be fked since mesos are literally infinite and anyone can print them

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I think 140m keeps them obtainable for people that don’t promote inflation.

Ask them how many irl hours it cost. If they’re not stupidly lucky (KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove), it’ll be more that you’d want to spend on a mushroom game to begin with

Yes mage farming causes inflation. It’s truly stupid that tot still has safe spots; it’s not that hard to fix. That being said, there will always be super rich people. If they rule the price of stuff that you honestly need to become end-game, you’re promoting poverty and famine (totally not related to gas prices). Accept that some people have more money than they know what to do with. That way, normal people can still improve. No one needs a 60 stat oa to be hella strong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    To be honest... I dont know, I could only guess at how many IRL hours people have spent to make 4 characters + 1 sweeper just to farm an additional +500 hours just to get the amount of WS needed lately...
    • so maybe 3-4 years worth of playing ML = 1xperf endgame equip?
    I want the LUCK OF YOUR FRIEND CIRCLE!!

True, multimaging cause inflation, but it also causes deflation too. They also actively decrease the price of use-items/scrolls/equips by farming a large quantity/high quality of them too, which I saw that they pushed down the prices of Helm DEX/INT 60s by about 500k to 1m less/cheaper than before. Which is very nice for people who want to scroll their Zak Helms.

upload_2022-8-1_11-49-41.png

upload_2022-8-1_11-51-4.png

5. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    The return of the old prices on WS/CS to 140m range would be nice.

It'd be nice to lower the amount of mage farming... although they also decrease the price of scrolls and high quality equips too, by farming more of it.

So yes, inflation is bad, although farming more quantity of stuff lowers prices on goods too.
    • can instead reduce the amount of equip(lower npc prices)/etc/mesos drops from the mobs instead?
    • so less printed money, but print MORE scrolls + good equips that people want

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tarnished

Tarnished Mixed Golem

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Multi-mage min-maxers would be getting way more WS/CS than everyone else, it just devalues perfect equips and power creeps the whole server

The reality is people who are willing to go to extreme lengths to min-max will always be ahead of the curve, and frankly why shouldn't they be? The server is still enjoyable as a peasant - that's all that should matter.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    11:35 AM
    Vibin
    Beginner
    ToT will never get nerfed because it boosts player count by A LOT just imagine everyone making and playing 6-10+ clients even if it hurts our economy and ages the server by making washing easier. Like akashskyakashsky said quadmage ToT is easier to do than single client mage leech and it makes more money.
    It's been a year and there hasn't been an update on a nerf for it even though we all constantly see multimage setups being made via job advancement announcements and if you farm at ToT you know that the map is more packed than skele/petri now.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    12:35 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    if we are trying to have a high amount of players online by keeping mules active then we are literally fucked lol

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    they are not mules since they are actively attacking :^) #multigains

10. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    It just devalues the quality of #online, which just means when ML has 700 online it’s actually like 400 people, prob like 50+% are afk. That’s a huge disappointment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Item power creep has little to no difference on the server outside of an individual's perception on in-game achievements.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Exactly. Spend 100s of hours to kill a boss 10 minutes faster :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    it's also an easy way to get new players only for them to realize it late into the game or early if they use the forum. Also all those mages need votes to mp wash so another artificial boost for gtop.

14. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    You know you’re defending fake ways of seeming popular that actually destroy the server, right?

Anyhow, we’re getting off topic.
    Cheap coins good. Inflation bad. Coin system is just a replacement for hoarding.

Also, I can’t believe I didn’t say this in my first post, nice presentation of data zeroxlrzeroxlr !

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    the only thing im defending is the integrity of the server by pointing out these real ways of faking server popularity

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Imagine seeing gs2 getting nerfed so it's no longer afk, then thinking it's a good idea to spend scores of hours on a load of mages to make ToT into gs2. I kind of want to see the seething posts of folks who somehow couldn't see some level of multimage nerf coming. Or maybe balance changes will be put off until next year again, in which case we can laugh at me. Either way I'm fine with WSing my weapon without multimage, and I'll keep buying coins regardless of price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I lowkey want to see someone pull off 3 channel dodeca-mage farm tho ngl

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    12:35 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    The problem is not multimage alone, neither coin price increase. The highest coins are, the easiest it is for new players to grow until late game and be able to participate in every content like PB 20 men or lower and 6 men HT- gacha EV and bossing gets buffed with coin price increase. It`s not necessary perfect gear to participate in those late game activities.

Saying that, the actual problem is how easy it is to multimage with safespots and that for sure needs to be handled. People shouldn`t be able to farm on 8 clients. Bosses may drop a bit more coins, making bossing only progress even more feasible.

Like it has been suggested many times, more meso sink methods can be introduced to handle the excess of meso produced by the multimages that remain after making this kind of farm harder to perform. In this perspective, people could progress to late game in a fluid way, where it`s possible to obtain perfect gear only bossing with years of playing (like it already is but need a slight buff) or with multimage meta/ selling leech at 5-6/skeles/petris for the ones who want to rush things.

MapleLegends is a low rate server and you are not suposed to obtain perfect gear easily as this wouldn`t be good for the server identity, neither for it`s surviavility

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    I agree that multimages can be handled better.

I also think it'd be best to allow player to use different methods to play, however they choose.

Mesosink methods would be great to have, and I also dont like the excess of mesos produced.

I think to fix multimage'd areas instead of hurting or hindering players by removing safe spots...

Would be better to:
    • Lower the total pure mesos generated/printed per hour from the mobs on those maps
    For Example: if 10m pure mesos are generated/printed by mobs, rather than Traded/Taxed in FM, then fix it by:
    • reduce the amount of Etc dropped by those mobs
    • reduce the amount and number of Meso "bags" by those mobs
    • reduce the price of NPC'd equips that are commonly dropped by those mobs
    This method would allow players use keep playing the way they like, while only being able to "print" a normal amount of mesos in comparison to the rest of the server.
    • The FM-able scrolls + equips doesnt generate pure mesos, since it's only mesos from trade
    • creates increased quantity of scrolls which lowers/deflates/maintain scroll prices that are reasonable
    • creates increased quantity and quality of good equips sold on the FM, which lowers/deflates/maintain prices within normal ranges

This means that the 10m "printed" mesos can be cut down to 2m to 4m mesos instead, and doesnt hurt the play-style of the players, while helping the economy stabilize by lowering/maintaining reasonable prices of popular scrolls/equips!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    2:35 AM
    Dralith
    I would gladly get out of ToT if other methods of earning mesos were somewhat feasible. Nerfs and inflation will always push players to find sweatier strategies

• Agree Agree x 3