1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Set Prestigious Coin Prices to be a Fixed Mesos Price

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zeroxlr, Aug 1, 2022.

1. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    8:00 AM
    twing1
    Beginner
    Wouldn't a more organic solution be to provide another, more casual but throttled means of introducing ws/cs into the economy?

The problem with multi-maging, as I understand it, is that it is not very accessible to the players. Only the sweatiest players willing to self-leech multiple characters have access to this avenue of obtaining meso/ws/cs, and "normal players" (as I'll refer to the non-multi-magers) simply cannot compete with the multi-maging efficiency.

The problem that I foresee with simply linking ws/cs to an exact meso value (through p-coins) is that even though the price of ws/cs would be reduced thereby making ws/cs more available to a greater number of players, normal players are still going to be in direct competition over resources with these multi-mage farmers. Additionally, bossing as an activity will be devalued because p-coins (boss rewards) will be tied to a meso value that is almost inevitably going to be less than the current value of p-coins on live.

Introducing ws/cs into the economy through the use of a brand new avenue would both lessen the negative impact multi-magers have on normal players, and also devalue multi-maging itself by providing a suitable alternative to it.

The introduction of more ws/cs into the economy too would unfortunately inevitably de-value bossing, unless the new avenue of obtaining ws/cs also incorporates bossing as a pre-requisite.

What I'm proposing would be a repeatable quest, level locked to 150+ characters, that can only be completed once every 7 (or more) days for each account. To avoid easy completion of this quest for multi-clienters, an element of randomization will be introduced. I'm imagining a quest with 10 separate stages or so - with the possibility of rolling 1 of 10 unique completion requirements for each stage, for a total of 100 different variations of the entire quest. Each stage is independent of each other, so that each variation of every quest stage is compatible with each variation of every other quest stage. This is incorporated so that it would be very difficult to complete the stages on multiple accounts simultaneously. One would need to be incredibly lucky to get the exact same stages 1-10 on two different accounts.

Completion requirements for each stage would vary between chasing down certain NPCs across multiple continents (to ensure investment of time or NX via teleports), hunting down a number of different monsters and collecting unique quest items (not the common etc drops to preserve the current economy), hunting down a number of different solo-able bosses, completing party quests like gpq or hpq, completing jump quests/obstacle courses, etc. The idea behind these quest stages is to make them accessible enough that any player that meets the quest requirements can complete them, but also a big enough pain in the ass that the quest as a whole would be difficult to complete in a single day, let alone across multiple accounts. To incorporate bossing into the quest, the final stage of the quest would always require either a certification from a random non-soloable boss or some amount of p-coins ranging from 5-20 coins.

Then, after all quest stages are completed, the player is granted a white scroll or a chaos scroll, on a 50/50 probability. After completing this quest, the quest cannot be accepted again until after a 7 (or more) day timer expires.

An example quest map:

Stage 1: Speak to each of the Florina beach tour guides.
    Stage 2: Clear dead mine. Eliminate 200 coolie zombies, 200 miner zombies, 200 fly eyes.
    Stage 3: Mushmom hunter. Eliminate Mushmom, Blue Mushmom, Zombie Mushmom
    Stage 4: Help a noob. Complete 5 HPQs
    Stage 5: Repeat one of the jump quests.
    Stage 6: Wyvern killer. Kill 200 of each wyvern type
    Stage 7: Grocery delivery. Give 50 store-bought food items to the eskimo on the whale in aqua road.
    Stage 8: Eliminate 5 crimson balrogs.
    Stage 9: Banish the Banishers. Eliminate 1 of each type of banish monster.
    Stage 10: Collect 10 p-coins.

Each stage would have 10 different variations unique to that stage, that are mutually exclusive from the other stages. Anything that comes up as a stage 1 option cannot also come up as a stage 2 option, for example. Stage 10 is always related to bossing. After completing stage 10, the player is rewarded with a chaos scroll or a white scroll, with a 50% chance of obtaining each.

Giving normal players another means of obtaining ws/cs will give them an avenue to perfecting their own gear, and throttling it behind a 7 day (duration open for debate) timer will ensure that the accumulation of perfected gear is not too fast. This will also inevitably lead to an influx of ws/cs into the economy as not every player will hold on to their scrolls, bringing down the price of ws/cs to a more reasonable level. The reduction in price of ws/cs will also decrease the prevalence of multi-maging by reducing the amount of multi-maging that will be required to obtain the number of mesos needed to purchase enough white scrolls to make perfected gear, and also by reducing the payout multi-mages receive when they get a ws/cs from gacha tickets.

If the goal is to put limitations on or combat multi maging, an alternative to multi-maging must be introduced.

• Creative Creative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:00 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Snuggles I think your attempts at fixing the economy and multimaging are great but I swear to god, your bullet points make me want to put my fist through one of my 17 multimaging monitors.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    11:00 AM
    Vibin
    Beginner
    multimagers right now: pls gms wait 1 more year how much do i donate this time?

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    11:00 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I remember seeing this somewhere.
    You only can cast mage ulti when you have the mapowner, other than specific maps like boss maps.
    This will end all muti mage LOL

5. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
  6. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    8:00 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    View attachment 44821
    As we all know, this solution hinders playing together for normal players, which isnt good.

Also, thereā€™d still be Roar and Air Strike that could turn into meta farming too.

I was hoping that there could be other solutions that can reduce inflation that doesnt impact freedom of play-styles.

Such that a Fixed Price of WS/CS/Pcoin would directly stop inflation without gimmicks.

7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Make mage ultimates a charge up skill similar to big bang, economy saved.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    You have to solve a captcha every ult!!

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Esmo