1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary/Summer Event 2022 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 13, 2022.

1. BedtimePJs

BedtimePJs Red Snail

Nov 28, 2017
    Male
    3:49 PM
    I am extremely impressed with all of the changes! Everything was very reasonable and had a good explanation as to why it was being changed. Great job ML staff! OnionLove

2. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    6:49 PM
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Also for NL’s, since shadow star was nerfed back to vanilla, why not rebuff alchemist back to vanilla?

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Changes to shadow star and increased star recharge costs are NL nerfs, right?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. aiatsui

aiatsui Red Snail

Aug 1, 2022
    Female
    Okayama
    Night Lord
    Prism
    i understand many of these changes and some are really helpful, but i can't help but feel that massive price hike for things like star recharges and pots just hurts new or casual players, even if you believe it's mathematically justified. i know i can't speak for everyone, but not everyone has a huge supply of mesos for funding, and the pressure to have all cures and coke pills and other supplies for things like pqs remains unchanged, so now it's a huge expense for people with less disposable income, while longer-term players who have the financial ability to keep up may not like it but at least can afford it. it's really intimidating as a newer player to have to calculate the cost of grinding based on income, and i think it will narrow choices for levelling activities to things that generate the most return for the lowest expenditures just to stay afloat.

i appreciate the thought that went into this, and i hope my prediction is wrong by all means... but i really truly hope you guys consider this perspective of less-financed players, and how it might detract from their experience on legends. thank you. <3

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 3
  5. XiannvTeng02

XiannvTeng02 Red Snail

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Thanks for all the changes and balances!

I understand the reasoning...Still, why "punish" the majority of the community (casual players I assume) by increasing the price of necessities for the meta meso farming from a small group of hardcore players (don't get me wrong - I respect whatever way people enjoy the game)? Maybe I am wrong and almost everyone is meta meso farming :).

Maybe consider a progressive tax in trading where trades involving larger amount of meso pay a higher tax rate? Or for trades which use coins as currency, charge a tax based on the number of coins traded, e.g. 2.5%*average market value of one coin*number of coins traded.

Anyways thanks for everything!

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    11:49 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]

I was bashed so hard for this potion cost thread suggestion so long ago. (2 years ago-ish)

I want to tell everyone that bashed me / laughed at my suggestion :

Eat dirt [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Audemars

Audemars Slime

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Audemars
    Warrior
    The economy is missing cash sink because of the introduction of coins imo. Wealthy players dodge tax by trading coins on big ticket items while casual players who rarely trade at all is being punished by pricier necessities (???)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    What's the time frame for the boss entries graph?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'd like to propose that Mini Coke nerf be reverted as the current change listed here is purely a nerf to STR mages. :(

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  10. buffyfluffy

buffyfluffy Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    6:49 AM
    Beginner
    Tbh its kinda like real life....... necessities like food prices (aka pots ) keep going up but the rich will be able to afford it nevertheless. What they should be doing is taxing the rich not the entire population. There has to be another way of draining mesos than increasing pot prices. 95% of the player base probably doesn't meso farm at all, please target the correct group of people :cry::cry::cry:

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    if we are evolving to a more risk-reward skill based gameplay NLs needs a damage nerf since they are the easiest class in the game by far

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    too many sorcerers.png

• Great Work Great Work x 14
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. 8TEEN

8TEEN Pink Teddy

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Firstly, commendable efforts to the GMs and BT with new strategies to address end game bossing and attempting to fix the influx of meso from multimaging.
    No doubt that these new methods of meso sinks could prove to be effective to fix the problem.

However, this penalizes casual/blooming players as well.
    Not too sure how players who uses these NLC pots are working towards their first 100m are going to afford better gear and progress with these new costs.
    The rich can afford this new change, but my concern lies for the newer players who still just play for nostalgia.

I personally have IRL friends who have started playing again because Legends is available on Mac again (good job nise!!! :yay:)
    This time, speaking as an advocator for the minority, I'm not sure how these active third job players (lv30-70) are going to stay on playing as they move up.

----
    Suggestion:
    It seems like there are 2 groups of people playing -
    1. Loyal Players who continue playing, after post-200 like me (which this Balance change have addressed strongly about)
    2. New Players on their first character, before lv130 (People without mules or multimaging or ability to boss)

Aufheben and Neo Tokyo part 2 satisfies Group 1 with content, but Group 2 (minority) would probably need a more feasible method for meso farming.
    I'm not sure how many active players there are in this game that only plays for nostalgia.
    But to my knowledge, gach is their only way of income if bossing is not yet an option.
    Better drops in Party Quests would be a good option until Lv100 (PPQ).
    The rich buy leech, but how would real players from 100-135 be supported then?

It would be interesting to have a 360° ecosystem plan that is relevant to both types of players for equality and player retention :)

Raising tax to 5-10% for items above 200m would be a better targeted penalty if your end goal is directed towards the sweaties kekw

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    FINALLY, It's about freaking time. Highly requested assasinate change suggestion since forever. Great step

We post bb shadowers now. When will we get %boss damage next? /s

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    12:49 AM
    Hero
    very nice changes!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. Camazotz

Camazotz Pink Teddy

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    Camazotz, AoKuang, Heimdallr
    Dark Knight, Marksman, Shadower
    Caffeine
    I already lose money on most of my hosted 12 man HT runs due to pot costs :arghh:. Recruiting bouta be even more difficult.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Damn this is a crazy THICC Juicy patch isn't it? Love the 30% scroll drops for someone like me who will likely never be amazing at getting tons of white scrolls.

Solution - farm Leprechauns for All Cure drops along with mesos bag picks up kekw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:49 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  19. Laserbam

Laserbam Slime