1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Potions cost renewal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Motto, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    9:50 AM
    On one hand, I can see why current prices for the NLC pots should be changed. I can also understand too why some are strongly opposed to this suggestion.

Personally, I feel the prices of the pots should be reviewed. Having Miki, for example, sell Pure Water at 1650 mesos while offering Sorcerer Elixir (that is nearly 2x better) at a lower price (1500 mesos) is something I feel should not be overlooked. If the prices of NLC pots were to remain unchanged, that would also mean the prices for the other (non-%) pots should be changed (or reduced) instead. But that, too, will also change the selling price.

The question is also deciding which potions would receive the benefit of having the price reduction. Also, determining if it's a change that should be applied universally to all potion stores offering the same item (including Myo Myo the Traveling Merchant). Because some classes like Hermits will have skills like Alchemist that can give them an advantage, so that's another consideration to take into account when deciding prices.

Another controversial alternative could be to move the NLC pots to Myo Myo the Traveling Merchant and restrict the use of the item for certain classes. Also, to introduce other various limitations on the potions themselves (e.g. "Untradeable"). But I don't think ideas like this would be welcomed for a number of reasons, so I won't be suggesting this idea but otherwise thought it would be worth a mention.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    4:50 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    It really will. Grinding with ult is fcking expensive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    1:50 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Hohoo.

Balance changes came and this has been involved.

Tbh I'm happy multi-maging has been hit with a nerf, thanks to the increase of pot prices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    7:50 PM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    I'm happy that even sorcerer potions got the price upped. To think, I was considering changing the rules (for when I get back to it) of my playthrough to not require NLC pots due to them being disproportionately good given the price point, but now I won't have to!

5. Camazotz

Camazotz Pink Teddy

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    7:50 PM
    Camazotz, AoKuang, Heimdallr
    Dark Knight, Marksman, Shadower
    Caffeine
    RIP my 12 man HT runs :arghh:

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Soblet