1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary/Summer Event 2022 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Socollocos

Socollocos King Slime

Oct 9, 2020
    11:24 AM
    Socoli
    Bowmaster
    I don't see any mention of client-closing during HT runs. I think I am continued to be barred from successfully HT runs.

2. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    7:24 PM
    Megic
    Beginner
    im good enough in maplestory to choose my pots wisely, this guy and more players here thinks they are the only ones who can play maplestory effectively, you dont miss anything and their calculations are totally wrong and none of their points is connected to whats really happening ingame. (you dont have to be surprised when most of them are lvl 150+ in plenty of chars already).

The question is what alternative do you have for gallos at lvl 100? training at gs2? mr.anchor? cd's? gallos are for lvl 94, do i hunt for for monsters above my level? its a regular training place for my level (especially as an I/L mage that is pretty OP in this map).. what would i do at lvl 115? i still need to train at gallos.. thats the main problem that 3rd job.
    I didnt say im losing money at gallos pre-patch, i was doing just fine.. but after this patch ill surely need to have good rng to profit every run at gallos (knowing how much i earn already after couple of hours there).. its a 1500 mesos difference per pot (also shifting with white pots), it just makes the progress at 3rd job gear wise impossible.. you start playing at lvl 120, which makes no sense that you cant build or do anything before that.. thats the main reason people dont wanna stay until 4th job because the game is so boring at this 3rd part that you dont feel any progress.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    6:24 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    He's basically doing this and not accepting the fact you can do it in other ways.

Given the fact he's most likely going to spend and waste MP not being filled with the %-based pot.
    Like you loose 3000MP, do you use one or use two?

To be fair, %-based pots are good, when your numbers are big... like >10k

4. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    all the new players here are over exaggerating the price change. you havent even tried it yet how the hell do you know how
    much will it affect you

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    Its pretty basic after you grind the same place for tens of hours, you know your default income and you see the new prices.. the income wont change but the outcome will..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    if you really grind for "tens of hours" in gallos and other places you should be really close to 4th job already
    if i buy my usual 700~1000 pack of hornsters the difference is litteraly only 1m higher rn
    this really dosent really change my income at all
    before i started bossing, i made most money from drops and gachas and it sure did cover that extra 1m were talking about

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    12:24 PM
    Vibin
    Beginner
    hp pots should be unchanged since it is a nerf to bossing which no one asked for/wanted

mp pots need bigger nerf since it barely made a dent in multimage profits

increase mage ult cost to 10.5k+ since everyone mp washes now so it shouldn't affect early 4th job

nerf sharp eyes to remove Netflix Lord encouraging more risk-reward gameplay of corsairs to be an actual carry

8. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    1:24 PM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Lmao what is that, one average common gachapon still covering most of pot costs (lets not talk about the equip,PE and meso drops) but megic think this is going to kill the server, megic can't play without scamming our poor miki
    Bro, you can't even choose the best map to grind, how you think you have enough knowledge to say to the staff ( who have literally the logs) and old players what is better to the server? Before blame everyone and think you know everything just because you played mapleroyals on the past you can leave vikerolas on a 80 priest.
    I started on a priest, and till 120 saved around 200m, how it isn't profitable? I never got something a legendary item on gacha till 145~, just sell equips, collect the mesos and gacha at ellinia bruh

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    i level up every 50 mins at gallos, and i have alot more to go every level the time increased.
    and youre talking about rng, why would a player need to be depending on rng to buy pots? i get 1 gach sometimes 2 hours at gallos.. thats rng and you cant rely on that saying "there is possible ways to cover the cost"..

10. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    best map to grind for I/L is gallos no doubt, 1 common gacha = 10k mesos most of the times.. maybe you are built different.. getting gacha at first place is also rng when you kill a monster at 7-8 hits.
    all your talking about is total bs, i doubt you can even play maplestory without guides open with all the things you are writing here..

never played mapleroyals though, just proves my points you and your friends accusing and being rude just because this is comfortable for you that youll get now x2 mesos for leeching and extra money for services.. you dont really care about the newcomers.. or even think about how this is effect players in a different place than you.. just easy to say stop crying and use other alternatives for pots (when its just telling us to use 2-4 pots every single hit without a moment to chill and vibe like maplestory should be while grinding..)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    i calculated it for myself. Based on my lowest income from my money grinding method i lose a small 400k per hour in profit.

doesnt dent me at all. And there are ways to minimize the 400k loss.

12. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    wth you talking about this game is litteraly based around rng LOL

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Nadav1

Nadav1 King Slime

May 18, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    maybe megic is just not as good at Maple as he think he is kekw.
    I saw tons of players at this level already with hundred of milions .
    get gud

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    this game shouldnt be based on rng when it comes for buying pots..

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Pots costs are RNG now?

16. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    even before the price changes, the way of getting money for buying pots is based on rng.
    i could go on 2 cwkpq runs, waste like 500+ hornsters and get only one handed axe 30 scrolls which dosent cover even half the cost
    i could go on the same runs the day after and get a 2/2/2 spec and make a good profit

this change will really hurt more for end game players going for the tough bosses rather than the new players trying to get to 4th job

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    first of all who said i dont have hundred of millions? :)
    im speaking for the newcomes, comapred to other players here thinking on themselves and their situation, im speaking for the future players that will start playing this server, you want the community to grow so making harder time to newcomers will do the opposite and they should focus on meso-sink from the higher and richer players, its just boils me when this "veteran players" who are saying wrong things all over the place just because they cant relate to the problem.. ill be fine, but what about the others? i guess nobody cares here because being the best and richest in a maplestory game is all that matters in their lives.

Your level of understanding text is above and beyond pure stupidity, im serious.. get some education clearly the hours you have put on maplestory hurts your brain.

well ofc pqs are rng and you can lose mesos there, im talking about specific part of the game.. cwk is not even related here.. maplestory is rng game we both agree.. but when you need to rng in order to get pots for your next grinding session thats wrong.
    I'll ask you a question, why would the veteran players enjoy almost half prices of pots when they started playing and newcomers needs to pay almost double the price you did because there is too much money on their (veteran's) wallets? fix the problem with their mid-end game content without hurting the early game content, the point is simple.

18. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    thank you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    9:24 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Bigfoot gives basically zero mesos, so it will always be a sink of mana potions and only 1 of my friends (who usually doesn’t boss anyway) can pin ravana to the left consistently, so the pot cost is pretty significant. My mm is unwashed so I will likely be able to pin it myself soon, but we are all pretty casual so it will not happen quickly. Also our luck with pcoins is shit

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I'm actually impressed at how low of an IQ a human specimen can have while approaching a game that can be basically played as a spreadsheet from beginning to end.
    You might now know me, but I think you'll have to understand I play this game as a calculator, not as a normal human being, for me monsters, equips, drops, quests, scrolls drop tables and map layouts are second nature described in spreadsheets I make, cause I love sweating the most efficient LVL per LVL one can do, both for fun, and for min/maxing the gameplay.

Sadly right now I'm completely exhausted of playing this way, such the fact I'm playing a Locked Challenge to make the game more interesting
    (Cause legit, 30 to 120 is basically a roadmap for me, most users can read that on guides and understand all classes do the same route, give or take some balance changes in the last years).

Pot costs are not RNG at all.
    You're getting hit X times per minute, calculate how much the mob does, range wise per DMG,take its median and calculate the X times per minute * the minutes you'll grind * the DMG you'll take, then divide that by the pot HP gain.

Same thing for MP pots, you know it'll take 5 hits to kill a mob, that needs you to refill MP 2 times per kill cycle, calculate how many cycles per minute * minutes you'll grind.

With this you'll have a rough median estimate of how many MP and HP pots you'll need per hour of gameplay.

After that calculate the profits you gain from Equips, ETC and Use drops from the map you're in.
    Remove the cost of pots and boom, most of the times you're on profit.

The profits gained from grinding are the RNG part

As long as you're not sweating on something you are out of LVL range for (like me at lvl 50 going to mannequins with a fighter lulw and being hit 1.8k).

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1