1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary/Summer Event 2022 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    3:33 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    You legit sound like the best community member we had 3 to 4 years ago, playing his spearman without washing at all, saying his way of thinking and doing was the best thing ever, and whatever else someone with more EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE and GAMEPLAY AWARENESS can tell you is completely wrong.

The game is perfectly playable on every class without even the usage of one single pot from NLC (yes even the cheap shit you buy with non %-based stats).

Its the fact that you've playing this game for maybe a month that makes you think you understood what "newcomer" experience is, when you've just followed a roadmap from 8 to 120 for a mage.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Brown Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    1:33 AM
    Guildless
    I feel like people are still over-estimating the damage manabull increases will do early game. As a new player (less than a year old) I didnt start using manabulls to 85+, stayed at CDs to 108, then LH for a friend at FoT to 120. By the time I reached 4th job Bishop, I had ~500m in value. There is plenty of money to be made if you don't go for max exp rates at your level, but thats just like any MMO (OSRS being the main example). I do feel kinda bad about the steelies and Ilbis nerf tho, as I used to give away the stars I dropped to new players at KPQ. Probably wont be doing that anymore, just because recharge costs will demoralise them!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    4:33 PM
    Megic
    Beginner
    Nobody needs to play the game by your guides, people plays the game by the way they can maximize the fun of out it, i think you are missing the part of having fun in games.. but thats when you try to make your hobbies a full time job.
    nobody cares about your challenges really i dont even get into what you did i just skip my eyes everytime you write Challenge.. i really dont care..
    making meso-sink from the lower and weaker part of the game is wrong, thats all, nothing to understand and calculate.. you make pots prices higher you make 3rd job players life's harder, you can see in statistics if one of the GM's will post the 3rd job part is where people usually stop playing.. making this part worse wont help the server and prevent them even from starting.. playing above lvl 150 bragging about how this is nothing for you because you arent even gonna experience this stage ever. most of the maplestory community have lives and family's, making the server more hardcore wont bring more players to play it just makes the community smaller.
    if the server tend to be full-time job hardcore then better wipe-off and start over, until then there's no reason to hurt newcomers by letting them pay twice what you were paying when you started.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    We're doing this again huh?

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Thread bans will be delivered (yes it's a thing) if the arguing I already warned about isn't stopping

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    6:33 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Can bowmasters now start talking about being neglected in yet another patch? :V

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. faithie

faithie King Slime

Jan 27, 2022
    9:33 PM
    faithx3
    F/P Arch Mage
    1) A hurricane is a rapidly rotating storm system
    2) Bowmasters can use hurricane
    3) Bowmasters ought to be able to rapidly rotate
    C: Bowmasters ought to be able to move while using hurricane

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. Pelinsu

Pelinsu Timer

Jan 15, 2022
    4:33 PM
    Nonetheless, I would never deny any newcomer from this great experience I'm having no matter how challenging it might feel like for some or how challenging it is to achieve certain goals. Still, potion costs is not a challenge, nor a greater one in that sense.

Maple Legends is a great place to be a part of the community, and as stated above everyone has their own way of having fun from such platforms.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    10:33 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    So, they're saying it's not possible to make mesos (I meant pay potions) as a mage?
    C'mon Motto, you CLEARLY don't know what you're talking you rich elitist degen player!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    9:33 AM
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    another year another IL nerf ...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. vitriaxx

vitriaxx Slime

Feb 10, 2021
    11:33 PM
    Will the pq buffs be added in this patch? Because its desperately needed

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    You can just use cheap stars for these situations, i think thats one of the staff objectives

13. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    9:33 AM
    Big fan of a lot of these changes especially the anti-MultiMage stuff. Great work!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Oolong

Oolong Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2019
    Female
    8:33 AM
    xoJoolie
    Bowman
    Perion
    DC18634B-3D98-4AD8-B9CA-49F545ACBFED.png
    edit: i did not realize how big the phone screenshot was gonna be xDD

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    My point was that every watk is even more important for a washed character. With ilbi recharge and the cider change you either compromise even further on damage or be taxed heavily. You will deal crap damage with 200+ int until around level 100 and can use your craven, with these changes it might go even higher up to 103-110 depending on how good your gear is.

Though honestly, what’s the point in grinding yourself at all when you could just APQ and quest to buy leech? There has never been a better time to be an intlord to sitting on a relaxer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    gallos guys are weak at lightning, cool, but the equipment drop rate are pretty trashy like vikerola.

if u go gallos, you should be aware of this - there's a potential issue of hitting negative income when being unluckly enough, though I assumed u have yet to reach thay stage.

CDs is a better choice for this - requires less luck to earn insane mesos (equip drop rates pretty high), maybe slightly less exp den gallos solo, but insane exp once u have someone to party with

• Like Like x 2
  17. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    if you are training at gallo, they drop PE as well. Pretty sure PE are going to be like 10+k each (?) after this patch. And there is your increase gains to cover the pot cost.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    [​IMG]

I've never gained only lost more during those times until I've got to level 110.

Sorry if I am bad player Motto, idk what I'm doing wrong.

19. vitriaxx

vitriaxx Slime

Feb 10, 2021
    11:33 PM
    I personally feel like we should be increasing tax on trades instead of daily necessities. As i’m pretty sure a lot of mesos are earned for players through leech or boss services. Taxing potions is basically taxing everyone and not just the rich players who have nothing else to spend on other than potions (honestly how would this affect people who already have billions of mesos stored?). Think of it as potions being food and leech/bossing services as businesses. Why are we taxing daily necessities that would impact poorer players a lot more than increasing trade tax for players who earn a lot of mesos through selling leech or boss services. Why are we taxing “food” that poorer players already struggle with instead of trade tax that “businesses” use? I feel like the team is burning the entire house down to target a big rat.

edit: oh yea don’t forget the whole coin issue that people use to bypass tax its crazy. Its like bitcoin in real life where countries don’t know how to tax it and people can use it to buy crazy ass expensive items with no tax. Imagine you can buy a house with no tax or stamp duty it boggles my mind why this is in the game. At least when chaos and white scrolls were tradable people who buy it with mesos get taxed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    meanwhile ppl are trading high value items for coins without losing a single meso.
    i agree with you on that, and it reminded this coin problem zzzzzz

• Agree Agree x 3