1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

wurl journey

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by wurl, Jun 28, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    3:18 PM
    Don't worry I still haven't left, just taking a little break to gather some vote cash and hopefully wait till event ~

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    Was very excited about the event, ready to get grinding again.
    Now I'm sad about bullet + pot price increases which will be tough as a new player washing a gunslinger.
    Buccs seem to be in an insane spot with i-frames and easy washing to 30k, thus not being affected by increased pot cost for things like bossing as much, might make that instead, idk.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    You can do it chief, low lvl bullets still won't cost u jack squat to use

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    Yeah idk how to interpret things and how big of a deal it is, but as a bucc with I-frames and easy washing to 30k HP wouldn't you just waste a LOT less money on pots for a boss run than a 16k HP sair will? Since splits will be equal it seems like a much faster option for fund progression as you spend less to earn the same in lategame content.
    Do you have any thoughts about this? Bit confused atm.

EDIT: the patch promotes higher washing, as the pot cost for % pot usage is relative to the total HP/MP one has. At the same time bullet recharge prices lategame got way more expensive, so just in terms of playing a char and gaining funding a bucc seems a much more cost efficient option with the same reward.
    Annoying to have to think about such things

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Washing a bucc to 30k shouldn't be underestimated in terms of nx costs btw. Besides, in harder bosses, your facetanking bucc is also gonna be using a lotta pots :)

But yeah, sure, pot/recharge costs favor bucc. I just wouldn't base your decision purely off of that. Play whatever class seems most fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    9:18 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    A 30k Bucc is quite expensive to wash (more than a 12k HP ranged character of any type), and they probably should not be the barometer you use to compare a ranged character with unless you go for something similar (an HP number that lets you survive endgame content without HB).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    i was planning on going 18.5k+ for the sair (if possible)

8. OP
    OP
    wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    OnionSpark
    I am once again BACK, and this journal is happening!!!

After thinking (hurt my brain) I decided to for now make a buccaneer instead, I cannot be arsed to deal with bullet and pot prices and such.

day: 1 + 2
    hours: 5
    total: 5

Seeing some other journals I decided to restart. Let the best journal out there begin!

Activities:
    upload_2022-8-20_13-33-19.png

After becoming a lovely pirate, I decided to go and hand in the one measly gachapon ticket I found on Maple Island while throwing their own shells at snails.

upload_2022-8-20_13-35-9.png
    Yes, that's happening!
    The Maple Gods (hi Kimmy) have spoken and blessed my glorious buccaneer with a White Scroll. I AM RICH!

So I quickly quested up to level 16 to start selling those Prestigious Coins and making that dough. Then I decided to buy myself a lovely 12 attack glove:
    upload_2022-8-20_13-37-14.png

And then I also scrolled a robe and cape, which cost me 10m in total:
    upload_2022-8-20_13-38-11.png upload_2022-8-20_13-38-15.png

Finally, I quested my tiny little ass off all around the Maple World for hours on end, completed my first raffle (got a yeti potion OnionCry) and reached level 34 before writing this post.
    upload_2022-8-20_13-39-35.png

Oh yeah I also became a brawler

Final screenshot:
    upload_2022-8-20_13-41-43.png

I still have absolutely no points from event so I cannot afford cosmetic coupons despite looking absolutely hideous. I do NOT want to talk about it.

Okay bye thanks for reading OnionHumming

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  9. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    it's a wurl eat wurl kinda wurld out there, gl with ur new char! FoxF2

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Gz on the ws, based journal!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. NugZeh

NugZeh Slimy Retired Staff

May 6, 2017
    Male
    UK
    2:18 PM
    omg amazing journal wurl im ur biggest fan

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Goodluck on the new journey!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    9:18 PM
  14. OP
    OP
    wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    day: 2 + 3 + 4
    hours: 10
    total: 15

Hi im back and the progress I made is absolutely stunning. Was too lazy to write before so one big update in which I have already forgotten half the shit I did it is. Just run with it.

Activities
    - finished the quests according to the 1-40 quest guide
    - scrolled a good maple knuckle (55 attack) of which I forgot to take a screenshot and which I have already sold again, so you'll just have to imagine the picture here. Basically it was one 30% and 5/6 60%s I think.
    - did the raffle each day and got absolutely jack shit
    - spent more money on gear upgrades
    - went grinding at ghost ship 2 at like level 40 because I had a ton of accuracy because of my pretty decent gear at that point

Anyway time for some screenshots or whatever

Gachapon
    upload_2022-8-23_12-58-51.png
    upload_2022-8-23_12-59-10.png upload_2022-8-23_12-59-35.png

Mac screenshots be huge idk why dont come for me bitch

Gear
    upload_2022-8-23_13-2-1.png upload_2022-8-23_13-2-5.png upload_2022-8-23_13-2-9.png
    upload_2022-8-23_13-2-15.png

I scrolled the face mask myself and it is absolutely gorgeous, I made it completely from scratch and it only cost me like 20~25m and it is absolutely stunning. Can you believe? I cannot it is so beautiful.

The earrings were an absolute steal at 8m and the knuckle I also scrolled myself.

So far this character seems very lucky which is awesome and I definitely deserve, landed many a 30% and got the white scroll from gach. Its absolutely lovely.

Final screenshot
    upload_2022-8-23_13-5-47.png

The only thing that is not absolutely stunning yet is my hideous character with these basic bitch eyes/hair. I am going to be farming coins and not converting them for anniversary points, yes thats happening. I cannot bear to look this hideous any longer, I do NOT want to talk about it.

Also I want to buy a zakum helmet someone sell me afk service okay thank you, yes thats happening.

Until the next one, love you boo ~

• Like Like x 4
  15. OP
    OP
    wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    Oh my goodness me, I have returned and am blessing you with content once again. I have been too fucking lazy to write this post, so it was postponed. However, now it is time!

day: 5 + 6 + 7
    hours: 9
    total: 24

A lot of absolutely stunning things have happened, this content is about to be gorgeous.

Activities:
    - did some more random quests
    - started training at CDs at like level 50, with the event buffs I could 50% hit the greatest oldies and like 75% hit the latest hits and it already proved to be around ~1.75m EPM. Despite doing no damage and missing a lot, the CDs perished before my gorgeous brawler's fists.
    - raffles only gave me trash
    - zakum prequest
    - some lovely people took me on their zakum run to loot helms, twice. Major shoutout to the absolutely iconic guildie of mine xBowtjuhNL for organising this for me. Unfortunately I am a greedy little bastard and boomed all the helmets with 30% / 70% accuracy scrolls thereby wasting all my mesos and helmets. But I do have one left.
    - more grinding at CDs with zakum helmet giving me accuracy is even better, which is just stunning.

Gachapon
    upload_2022-8-26_10-37-0.png
    upload_2022-8-26_10-37-12.png
    upload_2022-8-26_10-42-8.png

Now that is some right ol' shite.

Gear upgrades
    upload_2022-8-26_10-38-56.png

Also I finally scrambled together the amount of summer points for the coupons and I can say that finally I look as absolutely stunning as I am, wurl was LONG overdue for a makeover because he looked really fucking plain. And we ain't no plain jane here, so I finally look as gorgeous and stunning as I deserve.

Final Screenshot
    upload_2022-8-26_10-42-29.png

Look at that beauty, unlike the Maple World has ever seen before, what an absolute icon.

Toodles ~

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  16. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    You are gorgeous wurl

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Pelinsu

Pelinsu Timer

Jan 15, 2022
    5:18 PM
    amazing journal love it <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    day: 8 + 9 + 10
    hours: 6
    total: 30

Hi I am back and still absolutely stunning, yes thats happening!
    I am back with a new gorgeous journal entry. Have been rather lazy in writing these journal updates. I intended to do daily updates initially but have not been playing that much and mostly just been grinding.

Activities
    - finally completed the OPQ quest thingies
    - grinded more at CDs, it was 1.5 ~ 2 levels/hr mostly, super fast
    - more trash from raffles
    - grinded together with a priest at CDs for 30 mins, was insanely fast
    - got to lvl 70 and completed 3rd job advancement
    - wasted quite some mesos on booming Maple Golden Claws (boomed 6 so far)

Then about washing;
    I am now according to my plan at the point in this journal where I start MP washing 5x every level for the levels 68~104, after which I start HP washing 5x every level until 200 to then barely reach 30k HP. What a masterful plan, YES thats happening!

However, this event is absolutely horrible for new players. The amount of points I gained so far is absolute SHITE. BPQ barely gives points when doing low level runs and PQing in itself is just such a subpar leveling method that I'd rather just not. Also I hate PQing. So, what are we doing moving forward? Since I only gained 10 AP resets from event so far that is not helping me get along much in my washing journey. I also ran out of saved NX at this point.

Thus the inevitable has to happen: I have to become a PPQ and MPQ slut. Yes, thats happening. No, it is NOT very stunning. It is absolutely horrible and a stunning queen like myself should NOT have to deal with such horrible circumstances. However, If I continue grinding at CDs (which I just might) I'll not be getting stronger as my AP is all going into MP.

Do mind, I will be letting everyone at the PQs do all the work for me because as the stunning queen I am I am absolutely NOT supposed to contribute to PQ activities, yes thats happening! My minions will earn my AP resets soon!

Gachapon
    [/spoiler=Gachapon]
    upload_2022-8-29_21-7-0.png
    upload_2022-8-29_21-7-3.png
    [/spoiler]

Final Screenshot
    upload_2022-8-29_21-8-0.png

My goodness what an absolutely beautiful creature, very stunning.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    day: 11
    hours: 5.5 hours
    total: 35.5 hours

My eyes are totally X__X, but we are BACK very soon with another absolutely stunning and amazing and gorgeous journal update. I have enslaved all the noobs at PPQ/MPQ (jk I actually was leader a lot so I definitely put in work) and finished all the quests for both PQs. Pretty sweet!

Activities
    - grinded at CDs
    - MPQ for quests, completed
    - PPQ for quests, completed
    - duck tube from raffle
    - scrolled a pretty bad Maple Golden Claw but at least its an upgrade for now
    - got enough points for 5 APR

The reason I did these PQ quests is that you can outlevel them and if I may decide at some point in time I want to finish all the quests, ill be pulling my hair out if I skipped these.

Otherwise just been pumping more fresh AP into MP.

Gachapon
    upload_2022-8-30_14-40-39.png

Gear upgrades
    upload_2022-8-30_14-41-8.png

Final screenshot
    upload_2022-8-30_14-42-5.png

Absolutely GORGEOUS.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2