1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Recharge Projectiles or Implement Subclass change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by UnknownCode, Aug 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    5:19 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Patch notes got released mentioning price readjustments and nerfs
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...r-event-2022-balance-changes-explained.46741/

Everything Nise mentioned here is fine except the prices regarding recharging stars and bullets, buffed Mages spell booster, buffed Warriors, buffed Shadowers, removed safe spots,
    Reverted Shadow Stars to vanilla, increased the price on Magic/Summoning Rocks okay okay great thats fine.

But here is the issue, and yes I know these are MTKs and are end game stars however
    [​IMG]

To see how much stars are please refer to the link above mentioning Stars.

The people that are currently Assassin or even Hermits will have this problem on their shoulders as well, are they new? Perhaps, do they have a mage or multiple? Maybe.. most likely but what if they don't?

WWZD - What Would Zach Do?
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/new-thief-player-self-washing-journey-2022.46341/

"Oh, but Shawn he's a low level he can just make another character thats not going to be an NL" Yeah. You're right thats true, but does he want to?

Fix how much recharge costs for both, or implement a subclass change
    (currently NL > become Shadower) (This would reset MW 20/30 if book was used)

Reasoning: Not everyone multi-mages.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shoutbox
    [​IMG]

Server Ad
    [​IMG]

Nothing changed, it's still the same.
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:19 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Just switch back to ilbis if you're poor, NLs are still high dpm without their MTKs and BFs.

You could also just be slightly more resourceful than a 4 year old in figuring out how to make meso.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    But you can opt to use more economical stars and spend your mesos on better gears instead? Making BF and MTK more of an endgame star instead of something people use at KPQ/LPQ.

Do night lords fall off their dpm throne (and if so by how much) if they lose a little attack from using lower tier stars? Do they now spend much more than other jobs for a boss run?

I think they're still in a good spot but don't have the experience with the class, would love to see some analysis on this. Somewhat related, buccs and shads really benefit alot from the pot cost increase and should probably get looked into.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    7:19 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Almost like recharging throwing stars should be similar to actual repotting, considering the class already uses fewer with inherent better dodge rates and Shifter. If anything, old recharge rates were absurdly cheap and this is definitely a more fair change.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    8:19 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    It is absolutely bullshit to be taxed for a problem multi mage is causing. Like NL isn't one of the most expensive classes to fund already lol. Fix the problem or tax the problem harder. (My nub ass aint even using ilbi yet and annoyed at these prices)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    8:19 AM
    The decline of the night lords has BEGAN.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    This has nothing to do with multimaging...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Not only impossible but it also baffles me that you seem to think Shadowers > NLs now

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. OP
    OP
    UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I'm not saying Shadowers are better.. I'm saying I'd want to transfer my NL to a Shadower so I'm able to still play the character I farmed T10 on while being level 10 and washing it with 2.7 mil vote NX.

10. wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    Can you remove me from this thread? I was honestly just kidding in shoutbox, didn't mean to trashtalk / laugh at NLs who feel fucked over. Thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Shawn ily but you should have your forum license revoked

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    8:19 PM
    iPippy
    Instead of assassins immediately jumping to some of the strongest endgame stars at level 10, they may actually look into using some of the weaker stars now when possible for a vastly economical approach. Rather than the illbis (35 meso per star->27 att), a wooden top will recharge for virtually the same price illbi used to (1 meso per star->19 att). As levels go up, the amount of meso gained on kills go up (and even more in 3rd job with meso-up+alchemist), to afford more expensive stars. Until then, assassins should be using weaker stars that have exponentially reduced cost.

Even an endgame player should look to gain the majority of the damage for much less cost by using the right star for the job. This may be a nerf to high-end stars, but its also a buff to star diversity.

Tl;dr Why spend 35*2 mesos using lucky 7 on a snail with ilbi when you can spend 0.5*2 meso using a wolbi instead. Save the big stars for bossing.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    So ideally speaking.

If you have 12 sets of MTKs you're looking at 115k * 12 = 1.4m/charge.

Where is the issue?

To be fair, I'm a shadower, so its not like I care much about this change, cause to be fair, its good to see some changes being given to one of the best ranged DPS class in the game.

But lets be honest, paying 1.4m/charge is jack shit.
    That amount of money can be re-made, and more can be gained just by grinding, even as an NL.
    PLUS the fact you could have 2 setups, one for bossing and one for grinding, by using Ilbis.
    (Which inherently cost less to charge)

Its quite normal for more "advanced" RPGs to make you do setup changes in regards to the environment, I'm happy its being slowly set into Legends too.
    ~

In relation to the change NL to Shad, yeah nah... you don't want to do that, if not for the fact we have a better shifter, we're kinda meh for bossing / whatever choice made you decide to play an NL.
    You'll most likely be a solo grinder at maps, farming meso, maybe doing some bossing (with the changed Nate most likely, but its not like we are that much good... heck we are shit... ya know Jack of All Trades, shit at everything tho kek).

~
    I'm not sure why the whole SSing of Discord, Shoutbox and ingame chat and then circling "Friendly Community", all I see is fair replies to the topic, nothing toxic, perfectly normal player takes.
    MapleF12

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The pricing is bad mostly because it fails to account for less considered efficiencies in weapon attack potion cost, along with late game gear scaling.

The earliest a person can even consider using MTKs over BFs is roughly when 1 bil no longer buys a 1 attack upgrade, so you would need roughly a 13 attack cape, 17 attack gloves, and a perfect claw before you can even consider purchasing MTKs. Even then, it's probably still more efficient aim for smaller attack boosts with gear upgrades as they don't incur an increased operational cost. If you can consider WSing gloves to be roughly 1.2bil per attack, then after reaching that point can you consider purchasing your MTKs.

At the same time, with your mesos front-loaded into gear rather than stars, you are able to utilize attack potions to mitigate any potential DPM differences, especially if you're willing to look at the differences between costs of operation between ilbis+heartstoppers and MTKs. With mesos frontloaded into gear rather than stars, you can essentially just mimic the effect of running MTKs by using 1 heartstopper every 40 minutes, and the difference in DPM is a thin margin with the same operational cost.

It's a bad change because it doesn't seem well thought out. I don't think MTKs are worth buying or using outside of the top few % of NLs, and even BFs seem dubious to use. The only thing it's accomplished is making the "best" star in the game into a noob trap, and the meta should evolve to simply ignore it entirely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Going to close this just because this thread will get nowhere in this state. Someone is free to make a topic about same suggestion but not in a way that its made to derail all over the place or get emotionally.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.