1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary/Summer Event 2022 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 13, 2022.

1. stomachache

stomachache Horny Mushroom

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    4:38 PM
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
    Hello, thank you for the hero buff.
    Excited to check for myself on how the buff will turn out but... :yay: sucks to be me :yay:.
    [​IMG]

Edit :
    Did some @dpm1 tests and the panic buff turned out quite nice, although still not quite sure whats the perfect execution for it, appreciate the buff. :yay:

Echo MW20 SI Rage (w/o Panic)
    [​IMG]
    Echo MW20 SI Rage (w/ Panic)
    [​IMG]
    Echo MW20 SI Enrage (w/o Panic)
    [​IMG]
    Echo MW20 SI Enrage (w/ Panic)
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    6:38 PM
    Dragon Knight
    I don't play Shadower but I do play multiple warriors the changes are sick. Not remotely high enough level Paladin to comment on its performance in Neo Tokyo thought but the Hero change is really nice.

Moreso is that I didn't expect this level of custom change to be implemented for Berserk but what it is is brilliant. Opens up much more content, and allows its to output competitive DPM with high risk and concentration, and allowing other warriors to keep their own unique advantages and not fall into desuetude

3. Fionn Chak

Fionn Chak Red Snail

Jul 7, 2021
    Female
    3:38 AM
    Ellipsis
    Cleric
  4. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:38 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    It came to our attention that our recent scroll drop changes did not include Shield Matt 70%. This was because of an error on our end, where we accidentally added the wrong scrolls to Protoroad and Dark Drake. These two mobs, while mentioned on our post to drop One-Handed Sword for Magic Att. 70%, was actually supposed to drop Shield for Matt. 70%. This mistake has been hotfixed and is reflected on our live servers immediately. Thanks for understanding~

5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:38 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i think everything aside from the immune mob is easy pickings for any real i/l player

6. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    9:38 AM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    I'm genuinely so happy with the patch that it took a couple days for it to dawn on me just how completely stupid the mob scroll additions are. There's no way you guys not just put a bandaid solution on tot multimaging but you're ACTIVELY asking them to just go ham on other maps. AND kill off any profitability the wep 30s in cwk would have. I'm baffled lol

Attached Files:

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    8:38 AM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    Multimaging aside wouldn't you say it's a good change tho? But yeah the problem remains of multimaging being leagues better than everything else

8. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I don't get the fuzz about the changes o.o the only good one was the Shadower buff.
    DK is still the same, just a bit more damage won't change the fact that Berserk (as much as I like the skill) is just badly designed, DK is still literally a hero that does less dmg for more effort, and has to do less damage because they can HB, if HB is what is good from them then people just mule it and use better jobs to do the rest of the work.
    I don't think Hero buffs are gonna make them more desirable unless we count them as Shout mules in NT part 2 tho.
    A lot of people figured out PB the "hardest" boss in the game and now everyone is running with fewer people and more mules, now by changing the formula we reset so again the players have to find another way to cheese the obnoxious mechanics of the boss and when everything is stable we will get yet another change. The lv requirement will make muling a bit harder but people will still do it, in that part I think is a lost cause. We will see how the boss evolves.
    I don't know how many people are aware of multimaging, but printing money may have caused some inflation in the market, creating a meso sink is a good thing but increasing the meso cost of pots hmm is a bit controversial, that makes it more expensive farming but also makes more expensive everything else, including bossing (I mean you also increased the cost of ACP and Ciders, items that are used mostly for bossing) I know my opinion doesn't count because I'm on the endgame but... I like to boss and hang with people, that's my thing, this change is not making bossing impossible to me but sang bossing is getting worst and farming is every day clearly the way to go to make endgame progress. If anything good stuff I got the devil's lick and I pass 10% like they were 70%.
    Peace!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    4:38 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Multimaging for scrolls instead of raw mesos/gachas can increase alot the meso sink and i think thats one of their objectives, doesn't seems like staff thinks multimage is the main problem on the server right now and i agree with then, personally i think mages farming in those maps will stay on negative before selling the scrolls so that's a good deal for server economy.
    And i'm sure this increase ALOT the purchase power of alot of people, how expensive was int gears back in the days? With this change any novice can choose wisely good maps to farm, in special 3rd job maplers can get alot of profit while hunting, this is specially good to cover the new potion costs.
    And that judgement is very unfair, they chose very wisely what mobs will drop the scrolls, most of then have a very bad design for mages, only a few of then have a decent map design and even these will make their meso generation being ALOT negative before scrolls, so a good deal for server QoL

10. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    flowflow ohh damn you're right - that's why everyone were multimaging Oblivion and ulu1 where raw meso is much higher than, idk for example ml1 and 4.

OH they weren't?
    Wonder why

11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    • Like Like x 3
  12. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    4:38 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    First of all good luck to oneshot oblivion with 8 different mages,141k hp instead of 40k. Also the "much higher" raw mesos is less than 20% gap, ulu1 isn't full afk like ToT and memory lanes also drops some valuable scrolls after all, wich helps making the place overpowered and you know that so i think you can keep a normal conversation without being sarcastic?
    I'm not against multimage nerfs, i even made a thread about this but the new scrolls droptables definitely aren't made for benefit multimagers and i'll keep my word, you're being unfair with this judgement, just login in all of your mages and try it, i did the same ;)

13. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    12:38 AM
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    The shadow star change seems unnecessary. 180 seconds was really more of QoL change since most NLs then used Furies after the bug was fixed.

The meso sink changes and star recharge costs are good changes, however, the reasoning for reverting back to 120 seconds due to star price changes is questionable.

You're essentially saying that if star prices were to go up again, you might.. change it back? and vice versa.

14. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    3:38 AM
    iPippy
    As public enemy of the NLs, let the record show that I am willing to compromise a longer shadow claw duration for more star consumption on cast. :cool:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  15. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Well into 4th job it's fine but it kinda sucks for lower level players.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    Not a bad idea.

17. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Becareful what you wish for. This would end up being a nerf in a lot of cases where you get dispelled.

18. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    Depends how much more stars. +50 and bring it to 250. 300 would be odd, and 400 seems too much of a trade off.

actually, 250 would be odd as well.

19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Make it a buff and have it consume 100 stars for a 1 minute duration.
    Shadow Star is a lagless buff and has zero cast time. It can even be cast mid-attack.
    It'd be a buff because you'd consume fewer stars over time due to dispels.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    The funny thing is that while indeed being a full buff, NLs would have taken it as an even further nerf to the skill KEKw

• Agree Agree x 2