1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Brawns quest - I am not told what monsters I am to fight

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Song2017, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Song2017

Song2017 Mano

May 11, 2021
    Female
    North Vancouver, Canada
    6:46 PM
    Magician
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):
    What is supposed to happen?: Brawns tells me which monsters to kill and how many
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Brawns in MFF
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): I did not click on Brawns but found that the quest had already been activated. When I opened my quest box, I only see she need to kill 100 monsters but there is no info on which monsters
    Extra information (optional): I have problem uploading a screenshot file to show you.
    This is a problem for MiliSong but not for MiliSing. It is also a problem for Angewomon of my other account.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:46 AM
    Moderator Post
    You can upload the screenshot at imgur.com and leaving here the link

3. Fix

Fix Slime

Dec 27, 2021
    Male
    Sondre
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    Try abandoning the quest, and pick it up again.
    See if Brawns tells you what mobs to kill. This may also prove helpful in order to see which mobs this bug is related to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:31 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I think currently, the only time you are told what mob is during the NPC dialogue. The quest in the quest tab does not show the monster's name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    A lot of the time, it also shows in quest helper :) Just sometimes it does not. At least, from personal experience.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    When the quest is in progress, you should also be able to see the monster name in the !points UI, and of course in the quest helper along with the kill counter; if that's not the case, please report it with a screenshot, so that we can look into the issue.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    11:46 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I had this happen on one character, I believe it was because I had carried over a similar type of quest from one of the last events.

Forfeiting the quest and talking to the raffle npc fixed this for me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Song2017

Song2017 Mano

May 11, 2021
    Female
    North Vancouver, Canada
    Magician
    Forfeiting the quest and talking to the raffle npc again did work! Thank you

9. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    [​IMG]

The mob turned out to be Jonins.

10. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    2:46 AM
    I had a couple of characters that had a "kill 100 x monsters" raffle quest from a previous event active. I accepted that quest and never completed it. This turned into the new quest in this event (I'm guessing they re-used the quest ID?) and the monster name wasn't being displayed for me, just like it is here. The fact the quest was already active for you tells me the same thing happened for you. Forfeiting the quest and accepting it again from Brawns fixed it for me

Apologies to staff for not reporting this when I encountered it