1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Aura of the Beholder

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Junaki, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    1:57 PM
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    Hello!
    So Aura of the Beholder for DRK heals you x amount of health every x amount of seconds.
    With this new update giving drks a higher % dmg on zerking the lower the health is... Would there be a way to perhaps make the passive aura of the Beholder skill into a toggle?
    I was on my drk killing ravana and my dpm kept going down because while I was not being hit by rav, I was being healed to cap health allowed by aura of the Beholder thus making my lower health go up and reducing my damage output.

I thought it was interesting and might make certain areas of the game as a drk more enjoyable. Idk..
    Please share your thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    I don't know about DrKs, but is there a scenario where DrKs don't want to have beholder casting buffs? If there's no scenario like that, it might be easier to make it so that the heal is dependent on Beholder being summoned while the buffs are not. (IIRC beholder's mastery bonus is already there whether it's out or not)

3. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    5:57 PM
    ah yes, the way how current berserk works does makes it kinda counter synergy..
    making it a toggle seems nice but feels like the skill is still kind of a waste..
    would be nice to hear more ideas on how to make it synergise better with how drks are :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    12:57 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    I think switching from HP to either MP Recovery (something like 15 every 4 seconds) or incrementally increasing max HP above 30k (if coding this is even possible). The first change is a QoL improvement for those of us who enjoy HT Sed, which is a role DrK pretty much has to take if they want to run 6mans with regularity, and the second lets Aura slightly increase damage instead of decrease while giving extra survival margins. I’m not sure if going above 30k is actually possible in v62 however.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    Would it be possible to maybe make the skill be shield of the Beholder or something... Where either perhaps every x amount of hits or x amount of time passes, the skill would absorb a hit, as if the Beholder *eats* an incoming attack.(blocking it or deflecting it)

Another idea is perhaps making the skill save your life with x amount of time as a cool down.
    If you take damage that would have otherwise killed you, bring your health down to x amount of life instead and then the skill goes on cool down, Beholder protecting the Dark Knight from death.

I'll continue to brainstorm.

• Creative Creative x 5
  6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:57 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think the cleanest solution here is to make it toggleable, or change it from being a passive skill into a buff

7. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Isn't it possible to put a cap that beholder can not heal over?

8. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    12:57 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    The cap already exists, but Zerk change means Beholder’s constant healing makes you lose damage.

9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Beholder doesn't heal you if you're between 1 and 300 HP.

The solution for Rav is to just go lower and maybe eat a Dumpling when he summons if you want to safe.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Crash

Crash Red Snail

Aug 24, 2022
    Male
    I like the mp suggestion the best. Rates could be adjusted to staff's liking, but you could essentially just keep it the same passive skill.

11. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    I don't know how possible this would be on the development side of things, but maybe have aura of the beholder increase damage resistance the lower the DrK's health bar is, flipping it completely from counter to pro synergistic.

Ex/

Aura of the beholder: increases damage reduction based on remaining hp.
    Level 1:
    100% hp: ignore 0% of incoming damage
    0% hp: ignore 10% incoming damage

Max level:
    100% hp: ignore 0% of incoming damage
    0% hp: ignore 40% of incoming damage

The idea being that the lower the hp bar of the DrK, the more damage negation they have, encouraging their risk-reward play style.

Capping it at 40% damage reduction is just a suggestion, but I think it makes sense because hero/pally already have power guard that reduces damage by 40%. Setting this as the maximum value for the proposed DrK scaling would ensure that their damage reduction remains weaker than their hero/pally counterparts, while still having some degree of potency at zerking levels. This change also preserves the initial intention behind the skill of improving DrK survivability.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1