1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug [PPQ] Mr. Alli can see through Dark Sight

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by xDarkomantis, Aug 25, 2022.

1. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    8:23 AM
    Description of the bug: This mob is able to SEE Thieves while in Dark sight and attack them in PPQ. (optional screenshot/video):
    What is supposed to happen?: The mob is supposed to ignore Thieves using Dark sight like the rest of the mobs in the PQ (in other words, this mob isn't supposed to have TRUE VISION)
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: PPQ
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional):

Since people are coming into this thread without any idea of what I'm talking about... This report is talking about TRUE VISION. I am in no way trying to discuss invincibility to Magic Attacks. If you try to discuss anything non-related to True Vision, then you don't understand what's being discussed and should just ignore this thread.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    1:23 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Does it use magic attack? DS dont work for magic attack iirc

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    This has nothing to do with what I wrote MapleF6

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    They auto aggro and have a magic attack.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Ferluci

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Exactly. Ty Soblet for ur insight.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    You guys have no clue what you're talking about. No duh that if a mob does an attack, the thief will get hit. It has nothing to do with what I wrote in my OP. The issue is that Mr. Alli can SEE Thieves through Dark Sight to attack when they're not supposed to. They're supposed to follow the same rules at the Captain/Kru and ignore Dark Sight. They're not supposed to have True vision.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Ferluci

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Ur party consists of all thieves that go into Dark Sight at that mob?

Im asking because for example Bone Fish also have a magic attack. When my bishop aggros a Bone Fish and Bone Fish attacks my bishop but my bishop is in the same line as my thief in Dark Sight my thief also gets hit.

so explain the situation more. Show a vid.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Dark sight does nothing to change a monsters aggro, you have the skill "disorder" for that. Dark sight simply makes you intangible to touch damage.

Either way if you're trying to drop the keys you can either kill the mobs, lure them away from the doors or getting the right timing to get into position to drop them. Some party members could stun/freeze them too to help out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    Dude just stop and think about what I'm saying....

I'm talking about TRUE VISION. I am NOT talking about Dark Sight being invincible to Magic Attacks. If I was talking about what you think I was referring to, then I would have put Kru/Captain in my OP. But that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm not talking about Magic Attacks.

Listen to me, I'm saying Mr. Alli has an unintended VISION of Thieves in Dark Sight.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Ferluci

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Ok buddy

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Unless you mean physical touch damage is capable of hitting in dark sight, the others have it right. But even if its touch damage, that still isn't exactly "seeing". Mobs definitely can still see you and use magic attacks on you if they already wanted to hit you.

Related, I believe crimson Balrog can still physically touch a thief in dark sight, but not sure if that's intentional or not (or if I'm even misremembering).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Can you even dark sight on the ship? The map has a bunch of skill restrictions similar to JQ maps.

13. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    No, you're lost. What you and the other people in this thread are arguing has nothing to do with what I'm reporting. Re-read my title and then comment from there. Don't read their posts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    7:23 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    This works as it’s supposed to. If you or anyone else in your party gets close to an auto-aggro mob, then it will trigger attacks since auto-aggro is based on proximity. Try approaching any auto-aggro mob in Dark Sight: they will still attack or cast skills. If visibility or whatever mattered as much as you say it does, then aggro would shut off when you proc Dark Sight, and that doesn’t happen either.

Literally walked into the Thanatos map with Dark Sight pre-emptively on, promptly got blasted.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    I'm not having this issue with Kru/Captain mobs, they ignore you as it should*. Thanatos is a mob that has True Vision, hence why it'd still see a Thief in Dark Sight.

16. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Mr. Alli is supposed to have True Vision(tm), it's right there in his name: Mr. All-i.

• Great Work Great Work x 13
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
  18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Some maps got a "fieldlimit" that renders Dark Sight unusable (set by Neckson). The ship to orbis is one of them and I go assume based on this report that map is too.

If you give me the map ID I'll check for you.

I believe its this fieldlimit in particular
    upload_2022-8-25_21-36-16.png

(unofficial name by data editor)

Not a bug by the way.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    The map where you drop the keys which is probably where he has his issue is map id 925100400.

You can use dark sight but the mobs auto aggro and use magic attacks so you have to play around that even if you use dark sight.

20. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    Kimberly, if that was true then by following your logic, Kru/Captain aren't working properly since they're unable to see Thieves in Dark Sight and therefore not attack accordingly. I'd have to then make another report that Kru/Captain need to be fixed to work as Mr.Alli does. Obviously this has nothing to do with the map and more specifically, the mob itself. The other big server uses the original Neckson code and Mr.Alli, Kru, and Captain do not attack Thieves in Dark Sight since they don't have True Vision. This was also my experience in other private servers too. Only in this server does Mr.Alli oddly have True Vision of Thieves using Dark Sight.

• Disagree Disagree x 1