1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug [PPQ] Mr. Alli can see through Dark Sight

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by xDarkomantis, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    2:50 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    my dude i suggest recording a video to explain it better because clearly we all need an explainer on what “true vision” actually means.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:50 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    This thread is giving me True Vision

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    Mr. Alli just spent his mesos wisely and bought pink wards when he went back from lane, thus he has true vision. Captain/Kru are shit at farming minions so they didn’t have mesos to buy pink wards for TRUE VISION.

… oh wait wrong game

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    9:50 AM
    How hard is it to understand? I literally said in the title of my
    thread "can see through Dark Sight".

This is how mobs are supposed to act when they're aggro'd and the Thief is in Dark Sight. If the mob has True Vision (seeing stealth/invisibility), they'll still attack you regardless of whether you have Dark Sight on (i.e. Thanatos). I'm stating that Mr.Alli shouldn't be able to see Thieves in Dark Sight just like Kru/Captain (and be just like the behavior shown here). But we have a bunch of clowns in this thread trying to act like they know better arguing something I wasn't even speaking on or trying to crack jokes when I'm just reporting an issue. It really shows how much a joke the ML's forums are.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    6:50 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hmm... Are we sure that Dark Sight is even supposed to make you "invisible" to mobs? This bug report goes off the assumption that DS make you "invisible" to mobs but perhaps that's not the case.

It's possible that DS just makes you immune to touch damage but mobs can still SEE you. Normally this is not an issue because most mobs in legends are not auto attack aggro.

The mobs in the map you mentioned are auto aggro and therefore attack while you are in dark sight?

I recall that despite being in DS and not hitting the wooden fish in 7f, they still hit and try to kill me cuz they're auto aggro and have a magic attack.

We can always ask the developers if DS is supposed to give you invisibility to mobs in v62

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    9:50 AM
    Kru/Captain will not attack you in Dark Sight. I've already tested this in normal map and inside PPQ. However, Mr.Alli will attack you even while in Dark Sight. On other servers I played, Mr.Alli didn't have this behavior and was in line with Kru/Captain, which is why I brought it up. If you could pass this to the Dev for consideration, then it'd be helpful.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    You've been spending half the thread acting like a pompous know-it-all prick. It doesn't exactly help in trying to get people to understand your side/point. The ML forums are very often a helpful platform where questions are answered and bugs resolved, but it requires some degree of basic etiquette to function.

I'd be more than glad to send you a list of all the things you said that probably turned people away from wanting to help you and more towards ridiculing your thread.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So you keep comparing this with "other servers" do you also got a video or something from actual GMS? Sourcing other servers is not a good thing, because all of them got custom modifications by now.

9. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    10:50 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Actually KimberlyKimberly I got tired of this bickering and looked into it, and I found out what confused OP.

The mobs in question are the enraged/furious versions:
    I'm not listing all of them, because they're functionally the same, so long as they have the auto-aggro property. First off, OP's statement of "true sight" or whatever does not exist. The only difference between mobs is auto-aggro vs. normal aggro. Auto-aggro is proximity based, meaning even if you are in dark sight as long as you're within range, the mob will start attacking. Best example being PB over here:

Upon spawning it will immediately start casting skills and attacking as I am within it's range to be aggroed (hence auto aggro). For normal aggro mobs, unless you hit them, they won't bother you. So how this information relate to the Kru/Ali debate? Well, all the enraged/furious versions have auto-aggro, this means that even if you are in dark sight they will immediately target you.

BUT the difference between these mobs have to do with the skills and attacks they have. Mr. Alli has a ranged magic attack that it can cast. Even if you are in dark sight, these type of attacks can target and hit you. Kru and Captain on the other hand only have a melee physical attack that it can cast and no skills. These type of physical and melee attacks cannot target those in dark sight (sort of like how you don't take touch damage). This is why even though it is aggroed to you, it will look like it isn't.

This is why the concept of "true sight" is incorrect, cus they definitely do see you. Furthermore, in their mind while they can't touch you, they do want to kill you with every fiber of their being.

Hopefully this clears it up for everyone on this thread.

• Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    But he claims this doesn't occur in "all other servers he played" so do we do it correctly or wrong? Probably still need check how GMS handled auto aggro while in dark sight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    9:50 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    maybe try walking around in pink mannequin map? see if tbe monster chases u while yr on dark sight.

that will probably clear alot of doubts.
    i dont have thief so i cant test

12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
  13. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    in short, all monsters can see u in dark sight, dark sight only makes u immune to physical damage, and thats about it

as long u did not hit them prior, they should not attach aggro on u. but if they have auto aggro, they will chase u regardless

14. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Well yes and the difference is that there are close range and long range attacks. Mobs will generally not cast close range attacks while you're in dark sight but do cast long range attacks.

15. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    The dark sight only protects you from touch damage.

16. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    Monsters have different characteristics. I joined many PPQs, they always attack the thieves in dark sight trying to throw keys.

17. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    A monster attack marked as "magic" is what causes it to be able to target any character who is currently in Dark Sight. This is because "magic" attacks don't ignore characters in Dark Sight when counting how many targets are in range.

In our server, PPQ Mr. Alli has its attacks marked with the "magic" flag, so it doesn't ignore Darksight.
    I'm not sure whether this is a custom change that we introduced years ago, or whether other servers altered it themselves, but in both cases this is more suited as a suggestion rather than a bug report, since the feature is working as intended. Please feel free to post in our Suggestions subforum if you believe this property should be removed, especially because, as per our upcoming content roadmap, PQs are slated for an overhaul!

I wasn't aware of this issue until today; after some digging, it looks like this is a consequence of an Elemental attacks revamp that happened around that same time. Headless Horseman had its attacks classified as Fire element, which improves magical resistance against them.
    Elemental modifiers are only calculated if the attack is flagged as magic however, which was done to HH aswell.

The fix would simply be to revert this properties change, although ofcourse that brings extra balance concerns, so I can't say whether it will be changed or not.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    its not about protection, but rather ensuring the monster's aggro do not target you when u are in dark sight

19. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I do get that his attitude was quite bad, but when everyone kept talking about how dark sight does not protect you from touch damage - which is not what he is trying to get acrossed, it do get kind of annoying.
    Ironically though, when we finally figure out what is he talking about - which is monster's aggro on him while on dark sight, he isn't anywhere to be seen xD

20. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Thanks I always wondered what happened there. It does seem like HH did not attack players in dark sight in GMS but strictly following GMS (or any other official version of maple) doesn't seem like the way to go anyway.