1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't dispel Hyper Body + Meso Guard

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daydreamer, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    6:48 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Making these skills unable to be dispelled would help make HP washing less of a need. I understand this does make certain bosses easier but it mainly helps people who didn't wash and otherwise would get one-shot without these skills.

• Disagree Disagree x 14
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Tiirent

Tiirent Mano

Sep 3, 2020
    Male
    8:48 AM
    vvook
    Buccaneer
    Nani
    I think recast when dispelled is a pretty normal thing to do for bosses that dispel since you can distinguish dispel by animation. Adds to the mechanic I guess.

3. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    9:48 PM
    could u add magic guard to be indispellable as well? doesnt make sense to wash so much for content.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    That's true but if you lag you can die suddenly. Same thing if you accidentally cast a macro right after dispel.

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    3:48 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Player skill issue. Also does not alleviate the burden of washing, since you can still do those bosses without washing as is.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Speaking as a mage player here, it wouldn't make sense to me if there's 0 risk when getting dispelled. Mages are incredibly tanky with magic guard and the only trade off is the risk of dispel.

Learning how to deal with dispels properly adds a layer to the gameplay and separates bad from good players. Even if it's not that hard (subjectively) to deal with dispels once you know how they work on certain bosses. Making the game even more hold X button for entire fight doesn't sound as fun as opposed to optimizing your plays in bosses.

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    yes yes let's make the game even more easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    Speaking as a bishop player here, while it makes sense to add that layer of gameplay. It prohibits unwashed mages/bishops from content that dispels often, such as HT. its one thing to have dispel mechanics and another to tell some new bishop his hp is thrash and he needs to do X,Y,Z to get it up before getting considered for runs. That would in most cases push this player to wash an attacker instead since its way more viable to be an attacker over a bishop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    10:48 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    You're not wrong to think way, but lets remember ppl can just wash to the hell, i don't agree with magic guard being immune to dispel, but meso guard definitely can receive some love, unfortunately HB non-dispelable is just too OP

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Judging by everyone's argument, it seems like it really depends which side of the fence you really on. If you have enough hp (whether mage or non-mage), having hyper body/meso guard/magic guard being dispelled is not as big of as issue as if you didn't have enough hp. The struggle for making MapleLegends less HP washing reliant is constantly battling arguments such as its a skill issue. Though whether or not these skills are dispellable, player skills are involved. To reach high-efficiency dpm, many buffs are necessary (booster/mw/si/se). Whether or not this single survivability buff makes up the crux of the player skill is highly debatable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pelinsu

Pelinsu Timer

Jan 15, 2022
    4:48 PM
    Q: What remains after we ensure that everyone has HB?
    A: The amount of damage you deal to bosses, which indicates how long it takes to kill the boss.
    It really comes into the point towards whether we want to improve our characters to have a faster kill time on bosses.

I'm not really a big fan of dispel mechanics in any game to be honest, yet I'm up for bosses having dispel mechanics as long as they are telegraphed quite clearly before they do so and attack after a certain time of their dispel animation, giving players enough opportunity to cast their protection spells. (mg, hb, mg etc.)

But maybe they do that, I'm new so idk...

12. Camazotz

Camazotz Pink Teddy

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    9:48 AM
    Camazotz, AoKuang, Heimdallr
    Dark Knight, Marksman, Shadower
    Caffeine
    Meso guard def needs its duration increased. Was actually a little surprised that didn't happen in this patch since it seemed like an obvious QoL/buff that nobody should have an issue with. It could be exploited with sed mules though, I guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I think a case can be made for HB being undispellable. If you rely on HB to survive a boss, ultimately it is out of your control whether your DK uses HB in time or not. Meso guard maybe too because if you are required to tank touch damage there are some situations you cannot react to a dispel in time.

With magic guard you will rarely be touching the boss so you have a lot of time to react to the DP animation, that should remain dispellable at the very least imo

14. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    After HB is made undispellable, the next step will be to increase the duration to 2 hours so that if your DK disconnects you are still good to go. Then we will truly have HP washing optional.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Tiirent

Tiirent Mano

Sep 3, 2020
    Male
    vvook
    Buccaneer
    Nani
    After it's 2 hours, next step is to give all characters HB at all times !!

16. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    You can kill the left head first and youll be fine with dispels

17. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Playable Bishop HT thresholds are super achievable and people that tell you otherwise have unreasonable standards. Perfect frames suck, but there’s legit like a 5k HP gap between being able to HT on a Bishop (mid-low 2k) and 100% surviving perfect frames (roughly 7k): the rest of that difference is about personal comfort and margin of error.

Am on the side of player skill/choice here: you can wash your character as much or as little as you want, but those consequences are your own as well.

18. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    how about 6man? would u take a 2k hp bishop to 6man ht?

19. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    yeah. You just need to start from left head

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    If they know how to live and can do their job, yes. They have less margin for error than other Bishops, but you can still survive every non-perfect frame, which any Bishop below 7k will die from anyway.

Perfect frames are also impossible once one of Left Head or Wings die. Left Head more lethal for lower HP Bishops, but even moderately washed ones can do just fine once Wings can no longer buff damage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1