1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[LPQ] Stage 8 - Reduce boxes from 9 to 8 by removing Box #9

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by xDarkomantis, Sep 5, 2022.

Do you think this is a good change?

1. No

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    5:09 AM
    Currently, the PQ requires your 5 teammates to do potentially up to 126 combinations to proceed through this stage. This causes LPQ runs to vary greatly in duration and, in my opinion, causes excess fatigue due to the mental strain of attempting many failing combinations if the party is just unlucky due to RNG.

I wanted to propose a change to LPQ's Stage 8: Remove Box #9 from the Stage. This will reduce the needed combinations for completion from 126 -> 56, cutting the time spent on this stage in half (or more). This will allow more consistency in LPQ runs and in turn make players in the PQ level range be more willing to try out the PQ or stay longer.

Let me list the benefits and detriments to this idea:

+ Average LPQ times are reduced and now more consistent
    + Reduced stress on Teams when completing this stage
    + Allows for more LPQs to be done/ More willingness on players to participate
    + Higher exp curve due to reduced LPQ duration and higher # of runs performed
    + Stage still functions similarly to the OG version
    + Obtaining Glasses in a shorter amount of playtime

- Developer resources used to make this happen
    - Interferes with Nostalgia of performing near 100+ combinations and being in this stage for a long time
    - Players in this PQ level range will level up faster
    - Obtain glasses too quickly

-----------------------

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please vote and comment if you can.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. noobynoob

noobynoob Slime

Jul 12, 2021
    If one person with 6 mules can solo it in reasonable time, a whole party should be able to easily do it.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    If you can link me where this person recorded his times, then it'd be appreciated. That way if Staff looks at it, they can consider that too if they ever discuss this idea further

4. HotCow

HotCow Brown Teddy

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    10:09 AM
    HotCow
    Hunter
    Funk/NewLeaf
  5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    To be fair I think stage 8 is easier to solo because you can get into a rhythym, also don't have to deal with people being afk or not follow directions. It's the tower stage that slows down a multiclienter as you have to climb the ropes 4 times (it must have got much better with the climb speed increase though).

Either way stage 8 struggles are iconic and should remain imo, it would make more sense to make the PQ worthwile instead as suggested by Gurk.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    2:09 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    The real reason why stage 8 is slow is because some people never even try to understand it. That will not change even if a box is removed. There are also leaders who have the reaction time of a slug when clicking. That will not change either. A good squad shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to finish the stage, and that’s assuming you get a late combo.

If this was actually implemented, ML would be the laughingstock of every old school server. We would be the only ones dumbing down one of the few puzzles in the game. It would end up being a huge waste of staff resources and wouldn’t even make the stage that much faster.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    10:09 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Sorry was there a buff to climbing speeds recently?

8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    This is highly doubtful. It's one thing to say the Stage 8 boxes were Iconic (aka Nostalgic) as SobletSoblet mentioned, but to say ML would be a laughingstock is dishonest. In general people don't really like that part of the Party Quest. Even on the anticipated PS discord, the players requested for Stage 8 in LPQ to not be as obnoxious. Besides, how would that scenario even play out?

Pre-BB Enjoyer: Hey, you heard about the LPQ change Maplelegends did to make Stage 8 less tedious?
    Friend: Yeah, I heard about it... Maplelegend is officially the worst server ever. I don't know why they did that change to make runs go slightly faster. It's supposed to be old school maple for a reason even with all the changes that make it not like OG Maple.
    Pre-BB Enjoyer: I don't know but I'm quitting the server. I can't recommend it to anyone else after this.
    Friend: Same. I'm with you.

I really don't think it's that difficult to delete some lines of code and remove a platform. That said, what is a "huge waste of staff resources" is mainly up for the Staff themselves to decide. What's the difference between adjusting end-game bosses for a very small group of players vs adjusting a PQ that's experienced by a large of amount of new players and even current players making a new character? The former requires a lot more time and resources.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    3:09 AM
    Corsair
    This is my favorite stage :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    2:09 AM
    I made an LPQ mule just so I can take the lead for JMS, it is so fun. It is really not that bad once you train everyone how to do it. What's frustrating is when people refuse to learn.

12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Not interested.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1